Humanitarian advocacy and communications specialist, aid worker, independent photographer, avid traveller, and keen diver. Ex-South Asia, ex-Middle East, ex-Australia, ex-Japan, once upon a time from New Zealand.
Please note: I retain exclusive copyright on all of my work -- no images may be reproduced, manipulated, edited, blogged or otherwise used in any form either online or in print without my express written permission. I do not give away my images for free so please don't ask.
Also on about.me.
Photos of Lil [Kristen Elsby] (5)
- Blurvision Photo 81,553 photos, 5,377 members
- Movement & Motion 322,283 photos, 32,878 members
- Cambodia Today 17,594 photos, 817 members
- Angkor 11,945 photos, 795 members
- Cambodia Images 72,293 photos, 4,997 members
- Carnivals & Amusement Parks 28,297 photos, 2,792 members
- Stopping Time 19,149 photos, 2,300 members
- Flying people or things 662 photos, 146 members
- No Cheap Crap For Krungthep Flâneur 48 photos, 21 members
- Multiples 7,833 photos, 511 members
- Undergrounds and Subways 55,812 photos, 7,769 members
- metros (around the world) 38,577 photos, 5,564 members
- People On Public Transit 9,334 photos, 1,277 members
- *The North Korean Paradise* 2,140 photos, 118 members
- 北韓圖片 North Korea Images 북한그림 6,925 photos, 288 members
- DPRK (North Korea) 25,185 photos, 780 members
- Taxis of the World 3,378 photos, 619 members
- Taxi! 11,987 photos, 2,504 members
- Arabic & Mughal Architecture 4,725 photos, 636 members
- Shooting Tourists 578 photos, 159 members
- Beyond Wagah 1,215 photos, 60 members
- Border Crossings/Grenzübergang 2,836 photos, 242 members
- Sukhothai - a hidden treasure in Thailand 433 photos, 64 members
- Roman Empire 38,149 photos, 2,300 members
- panoramas 247,687 photos, 32,941 members
- Totally Thailand 66,044 photos, 2,890 members
- Deserts 1,861 photos, 225 members
- Signs, signposts and place names 4,891 photos, 282 members
- *Inspirational Travel Photos 312,307 photos, 7,705 members
- Markets of the world 30,765 photos, 3,589 members
- Souk 1,694 photos, 203 members
- StreetPhoto 663,212 photos, 18,108 members
- The Real Street Photography 522,069 photos, 14,161 members
- Muslim Cultures 96,421 photos, 10,321 members
- Syria Historical Sites 11,139 photos, 363 members
- Aleppo 3,010 photos, 164 members
- Damascus 4,825 photos, 450 members
- Middle East Capitals: Jerusalem, Amman, Damascus etc 3,736 photos, 479 members
- Best Viewed Large 122,721 photos, 3,723 members
- Urban Landscape 84,920 photos, 3,496 members
- Middle East: Reportage and Street Photography 1,512 photos, 149 members
- Middle East Architecture 1,483 photos, 128 members
- Syria 28,651 photos, 1,356 members
- Kingdom of Morocco 11,027 photos, 477 members
- Tangier, our city! 2,274 photos, 170 members
- Maroc - Morocco [tag "Morocco"] 59,568 photos, 2,931 members
- Morocco 38,588 photos, 4,879 members
- Morocco Travel Photos 36,329 photos, 1,578 members
- Guess Where In The World 410 photos, 221 members
- Beach Photography 424,066 photos, 60,796 members
"I've been watching Lil's photography grow for many years now, and I must say that I am impressed with the body of work she has amassed along the way, alongside the tremendous skills she's developed. She is becoming a truly great photographer and I am looking forward to seeing what she brings to us over the coming years! Always interesting, never dull. Love it! Keep 'em coming, Lil."
15th February, 2008
~ fernando says:
"What is here? Amazement? Wait, it is. Amazement. Amazement at all sorts of images that reveal details that I cannot anticipate. That is a real talent to seek in a photographer, and to enjoy the photograph, as they stay in your mind long after you close the browser, and follow you when you are making certain shots with your own camera. We can say this about many subjects that Lil chooses, but there is also quite an impression that her composition and choice of light/shadows brings to what we see, and it increases the pleasure of watching her photographs.
Sometimes I forget about this amazement and just repeat to myself: "how the hell did she get that shot?" ARGH! Still, I think it is just a more vulgar way of saying amazement."
24th September, 2006
"Lil' shots are individually surprising (few examples: "Cooling off", "Lone shark", the "America architectural icons" set, "KGB inner prison", the "New York life" set). She gives us the world as a special present. A landmark in my daily walk through Flikr's feelings."
14th August, 2005
"Insightful without the need for words."
23rd February, 2005
"Not only does she take amazing shots, she has us think about the world in a different way."
19th February, 2005
"lil has been my friend for a long time, yet I still get amazed when I see some of her photos.
How can she see what I see in such a different way?
It's exciting to watch her development in both skill and confidence as a photographer.
Am always waiting eagerly to see the next phase!"
15th January, 2005
Sam Scholes says:
"The countries of the world offer a diverse and wonderful landscape to photograph. From South Africa to Tokyo and on to New York City there are so many things to see and be part of. Kristen has the good fortune of traveling extensively and her photographs chronicle her adventures. Through her work we have the opportunity to travel along with her and see a world of life and people, of remarkable architecture, curiosities, and strange foods. But Kristen does more then simply capture images of these things, she brings them to life through well composed and finely executed photographs. There is more to her work then just pretty pictures and she is a photographer worth paying attention to."
7th January, 2005
- Kristen Elsby
- August 2004
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am: