Humanitarian advocacy and communications specialist, aid worker, independent photographer, avid traveller, and keen diver. Ex-South Asia, ex-Middle East, ex-Australia, ex-Japan, once upon a time from New Zealand.
Please note: I retain exclusive copyright on all of my work -- no images may be reproduced, manipulated, edited, blogged or otherwise used in any form either online or in print without my express written permission. I do not give away my images for free so please don't ask.
Also on about.me.
Photos of Lil [Kristen Elsby] (5)
- Bangkok Shutdown 2014 1,149 photos, 39 members
- Myanmar Street Photographers (MMSP) Community 328 photos, 210 members
- Mrauk U (Burma) 1,713 photos, 48 members
- Blurvision Photo 82,255 photos, 5,394 members
- Movement & Motion 344,887 photos, 35,603 members
- Cambodia Today 18,561 photos, 834 members
- Angkor 12,202 photos, 806 members
- Cambodia Images 74,396 photos, 5,097 members
- Carnivals & Amusement Parks 28,950 photos, 2,827 members
- Stopping Time 19,530 photos, 2,320 members
- Flying people or things 662 photos, 146 members
- No Cheap Crap For Krungthep Flâneur 47 photos, 20 members
- Multiples 7,963 photos, 521 members
- Undergrounds and Subways 58,492 photos, 7,954 members
- metros (around the world) 39,828 photos, 5,633 members
- People On Public Transit 9,609 photos, 1,282 members
- *The North Korean Paradise* 2,336 photos, 124 members
- 北韓圖片 North Korea Images 북한그림 7,092 photos, 293 members
- DPRK (North Korea) 25,565 photos, 787 members
- Taxis of the World 3,499 photos, 628 members
- Taxi! 11,891 photos, 2,526 members
- Arabic & Mughal Architecture 4,876 photos, 640 members
- Shooting Tourists 585 photos, 159 members
- Beyond Wagah 1,236 photos, 60 members
- Border Crossings/Grenzübergang 2,842 photos, 247 members
- Sukhothai - a hidden treasure in Thailand 454 photos, 66 members
- Roman Empire 38,996 photos, 2,328 members
- panoramas 266,557 photos, 36,188 members
- Totally Thailand 68,828 photos, 2,951 members
- Deserts 2,062 photos, 243 members
- Signs, signposts and place names 5,082 photos, 283 members
- *Inspirational Travel Photos 336,407 photos, 8,029 members
- Markets of the world 32,152 photos, 3,680 members
- Souk 1,689 photos, 204 members
- StreetPhoto 699,296 photos, 18,837 members
- The Real Street Photography 561,785 photos, 14,808 members
- Muslim Cultures 96,434 photos, 10,397 members
- Syria Historical Sites 11,113 photos, 369 members
- Aleppo 3,011 photos, 164 members
- Damascus 4,877 photos, 455 members
- Middle East Capitals: Jerusalem, Amman, Damascus etc 3,909 photos, 485 members
- Best Viewed Large 123,425 photos, 3,729 members
- Urban Landscape 92,106 photos, 3,644 members
- Middle East: Reportage and Street Photography 1,560 photos, 153 members
- Middle East Architecture 1,496 photos, 128 members
- Syria 28,718 photos, 1,363 members
- Kingdom of Morocco 11,185 photos, 484 members
- Tangier, our city! 2,283 photos, 171 members
- Maroc - Morocco [tag "Morocco"] 61,090 photos, 2,970 members
- Morocco 39,264 photos, 4,908 members
"I've been watching Lil's photography grow for many years now, and I must say that I am impressed with the body of work she has amassed along the way, alongside the tremendous skills she's developed. She is becoming a truly great photographer and I am looking forward to seeing what she brings to us over the coming years! Always interesting, never dull. Love it! Keep 'em coming, Lil."
15th February, 2008
~ fernando says:
"What is here? Amazement? Wait, it is. Amazement. Amazement at all sorts of images that reveal details that I cannot anticipate. That is a real talent to seek in a photographer, and to enjoy the photograph, as they stay in your mind long after you close the browser, and follow you when you are making certain shots with your own camera. We can say this about many subjects that Lil chooses, but there is also quite an impression that her composition and choice of light/shadows brings to what we see, and it increases the pleasure of watching her photographs.
Sometimes I forget about this amazement and just repeat to myself: "how the hell did she get that shot?" ARGH! Still, I think it is just a more vulgar way of saying amazement."
24th September, 2006
"Lil' shots are individually surprising (few examples: "Cooling off", "Lone shark", the "America architectural icons" set, "KGB inner prison", the "New York life" set). She gives us the world as a special present. A landmark in my daily walk through Flikr's feelings."
14th August, 2005
"Insightful without the need for words."
23rd February, 2005
"Not only does she take amazing shots, she has us think about the world in a different way."
19th February, 2005
"lil has been my friend for a long time, yet I still get amazed when I see some of her photos.
How can she see what I see in such a different way?
It's exciting to watch her development in both skill and confidence as a photographer.
Am always waiting eagerly to see the next phase!"
15th January, 2005
Sam Scholes says:
"The countries of the world offer a diverse and wonderful landscape to photograph. From South Africa to Tokyo and on to New York City there are so many things to see and be part of. Kristen has the good fortune of traveling extensively and her photographs chronicle her adventures. Through her work we have the opportunity to travel along with her and see a world of life and people, of remarkable architecture, curiosities, and strange foods. But Kristen does more then simply capture images of these things, she brings them to life through well composed and finely executed photographs. There is more to her work then just pretty pictures and she is a photographer worth paying attention to."
7th January, 2005
- Kristen Elsby
- August 2004
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am: