Lil [Kristen Elsby]'s photostream Pro User
Humanitarian advocacy and communications specialist, independent photographer, avid traveller, keen diver, and political buff living and working in Pakistan. Ex-Middle East, ex-Australia, ex-Japan, once upon a time from New Zealand.
Please note: I retain exclusive copyright on all of my work -- no images may be reproduced, manipulated, edited, blogged or otherwise used in any form either online or in print without my express written permission. I do not give away my images for free so please don't ask.
Also on about.me.
Photos of Lil [Kristen Elsby] (6)
- Roman Empire 35,913 photos, 2,234 members
- panoramas 212,331 photos, 25,487 members
- Totally Thailand 60,919 photos, 2,831 members
- Deserts 1,554 photos, 202 members
- Signs, signposts and place names 4,559 photos, 271 members
- *Inspirational Travel Photos 262,437 photos, 7,013 members
- Markets of the world 28,543 photos, 3,426 members
- Souk 1,662 photos, 206 members
- StreetPhoto 586,813 photos, 16,955 members
- The Real Street Photography 441,911 photos, 12,961 members
- Muslim Cultures 95,211 photos, 10,133 members
- Syria Historical Sites 10,993 photos, 347 members
- Aleppo 2,979 photos, 159 members
- Damascus 4,880 photos, 436 members
- Middle East Capitals: Jerusalem, Amman, Damascus etc 3,672 photos, 458 members
- Best Viewed Large 120,932 photos, 3,731 members
- Urban Landscape 69,482 photos, 3,201 members
- Middle East: Reportage and Street Photography 1,288 photos, 133 members
- Middle East Architecture 1,288 photos, 123 members
- Syria 28,465 photos, 1,325 members
- Kingdom of Morocco 10,673 photos, 456 members
- Tangier, our city! 2,192 photos, 163 members
- Maroc - Morocco [tag "Morocco"] 56,818 photos, 2,817 members
- Morocco 36,553 photos, 4,719 members
- Morocco Travel Photos 32,323 photos, 1,410 members
- Guess Where In The World 428 photos, 219 members
- Beach Photography 396,398 photos, 59,460 members
- Beasts of Burden 766 photos, 144 members
- Mekong 1,919 photos, 287 members
- Bangkok: Open City/Hidden City 1,782 photos, 224 members
- fivestreets street photography 1,983 photos, 542 members
- Laos Images 26,248 photos, 1,920 members
- Pagodas of Myanmar 592 photos, 87 members
- Vietnam - Golden Landscape & Nature 352 photos, 78 members
- Fruits - Japanese street fashion 1,762 photos, 2,330 members
- Bangkok: Streets & Sois 4,336 photos, 121 members
- Bangkok 59,367 photos, 3,550 members
- Exercise! 582 photos, 199 members
- Hanoi 13,083 photos, 1,119 members
- City Biker 7,878 photos, 423 members
- PANNING SHOTS ONLY 61,266 photos, 7,221 members
- Panning 19,816 photos, 1,201 members
- Halong Bay, Vietnam 1,689 photos, 245 members
- Viet Nam 31,296 photos, 1,716 members
- Vietnam landscape 3,525 photos, 290 members
- Vietnam - Street photography 1,475 photos, 1,349 members
- Vietnam Images 97,837 photos, 5,536 members
- Bubbles Bubbles Bubbles 1,047 photos, 470 members
- Bubble Blower's Group 1,221 photos, 426 members
- Bubbles 18,959 photos, 7,155 members
"I've been watching Lil's photography grow for many years now, and I must say that I am impressed with the body of work she has amassed along the way, alongside the tremendous skills she's developed. She is becoming a truly great photographer and I am looking forward to seeing what she brings to us over the coming years! Always interesting, never dull. Love it! Keep 'em coming, Lil."
15th February, 2008
~ fernando says:
"What is here? Amazement? Wait, it is. Amazement. Amazement at all sorts of images that reveal details that I cannot anticipate. That is a real talent to seek in a photographer, and to enjoy the photograph, as they stay in your mind long after you close the browser, and follow you when you are making certain shots with your own camera. We can say this about many subjects that Lil chooses, but there is also quite an impression that her composition and choice of light/shadows brings to what we see, and it increases the pleasure of watching her photographs.
Sometimes I forget about this amazement and just repeat to myself: "how the hell did she get that shot?" ARGH! Still, I think it is just a more vulgar way of saying amazement."
24th September, 2006
"Lil' shots are individually surprising (few examples: "Cooling off", "Lone shark", the "America architectural icons" set, "KGB inner prison", the "New York life" set). She gives us the world as a special present. A landmark in my daily walk through Flikr's feelings."
14th August, 2005
"Insightful without the need for words."
23rd February, 2005
"Not only does she take amazing shots, she has us think about the world in a different way."
19th February, 2005
"lil has been my friend for a long time, yet I still get amazed when I see some of her photos.
How can she see what I see in such a different way?
It's exciting to watch her development in both skill and confidence as a photographer.
Am always waiting eagerly to see the next phase!"
15th January, 2005
Sam Scholes says:
"The countries of the world offer a diverse and wonderful landscape to photograph. From South Africa to Tokyo and on to New York City there are so many things to see and be part of. Kristen has the good fortune of traveling extensively and her photographs chronicle her adventures. Through her work we have the opportunity to travel along with her and see a world of life and people, of remarkable architecture, curiosities, and strange foods. But Kristen does more then simply capture images of these things, she brings them to life through well composed and finely executed photographs. There is more to her work then just pretty pictures and she is a photographer worth paying attention to."
7th January, 2005
- Kristen Elsby
- August 2004
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am: