Ennor's flickr score: 4417
I spent most of my life in a small village in Kent, in the South East of England. In 2001 I was made redundant after 33 years at the same company, and because of my age (56 at the time) and health problems I decided I may find it difficult to find employment and so sold the large house I lived in and bought a small Park Home (mobile home) in Cornwall. Within a year of moving here I encountered a new medical problem and underwent major heart surgery. I moved to Cornwall, in the South West of Britain, because I loved the area and wanted to spend what time I have left on this planet exploring it.
I take many photos of Cornwall, of the coastal scenery and towns, and some on Dartmoor which is another area I love. I also travel to the Lake District in Cumbria each year, one of the most beautiful areas of the British Isles, and of course I take many photos there also.
I upload many of the photos I take into albums at Webshots and ImageEvent - both sites are almost a mirror of each other with just a few differences. My intention is to upload some of what I consider to be the best of my photos to Flickr
More of my life and thoughts are in my journal
My World As I See It - a photo journal
There's more about me in this authors interview I wrote for the authors interview* group
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan (Official) 204 photos, 39 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) New Group 1,470 photos, 575 members
- * "For the Love of Alpacas" 1,255 photos, 202 members
- World Aviation Pics & Vids 83,789 photos, 341 members
- North cornwall 631 photos, 49 members
- MAGNIFICENT SHIPS 41,391 photos, 1,268 members
- DILO 122 photos, 25 members
- Everything Lake District 1,918 photos, 69 members
- Looe 946 photos, 70 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 43,863 photos, 5,343 members
- British fruit and veg 552 photos, 96 members
- Garden Ideas 663 photos, 119 members
- Shadow & Light (Post 1 - Comment on 1) 66,710 photos, 3,292 members
- St Ives, Cornwall 1,435 photos, 111 members
- Nikon D80 Users 580,183 photos, 23,923 members
- SOS Haiti 1,573 photos, 368 members
- ~Churches of Cornwall~ 2,540 photos, 73 members
- Flower Close-Ups 902,535 photos, 56,504 members
- Dahlias Unlimited 3,515 photos, 344 members
- Dahlias UK 191 photos, 40 members
- Dahlias 9,233 photos, 1,182 members
- Macro World (:: Post 1, comment on any 3! ::) 68,423 photos, 10,434 members
- British Photographers 199,456 photos, 3,173 members
- Nikon DSLR Users -- The Bistro 73,726 photos, 2,093 members
- Lanhydrock - National Trust 405 photos, 36 members
- Sky As A Canvas ~ ~ ~ 75,787 photos, 7,455 members
- Nikon flickr Award (Post 1 - Award 3) 585,925 photos, 24,727 members
- Your Eden Project 108 photos, 60 members
- Lake Coniston, UK 479 photos, 79 members
- Windermere 1,176 photos, 227 members
- England, Beautiful English Scenes 22,607 photos, 452 members
- Stately Homes, Palaces and Castles 14,376 photos, 934 members
- hoods & hobbies? 347 photos, 45 members
- Saint Piran & Saint Piran's Day ~ Cornwall 83 photos, 14 members
- Lake District Emporium Of Fantasy 4,934 photos, 150 members
- The Pasty 966 photos, 134 members
- Bodmin Moor 961 photos, 116 members
- Corel Paint Shop Pro 35,860 photos, 2,508 members
- Lost Gardens of Heligan 1,217 photos, 142 members
- Senior Moments 83,623 photos, 295 members
- The Flickerites raid Mullion Cove 40 photos, 6 members
- Cornwall Landmarks and Legends 2,010 photos, 187 members
- Hot for Hibiscus 3,912 photos, 496 members
- Ridiculously Over Packaged Products 121 photos, 92 members
- Pink 2008 21,158 photos, 8,844 members
- Cornwall 365 ~ 617 photos, 14 members
- Mail-Coaching in the 18th Century. 260 photos, 34 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 3,419 photos, 235 members
- Cornwall Flickr Users 25,338 photos, 554 members
- Postboxes by Postcode Area 20,321 photos, 268 members
"barry takes excellent shots of whatever he photographs. i particularly enjoy his nature shots, as they capture the depth and beauty of what nature entails."
3rd February, 2009
"Barry is not only a good photographer, admirer of all the nature and beauty of the countryside, great supporter of the Eden project but a really good contact. He is always faithful in following up his contacts and their photostreams and always encouraging. Of course I'm biased, being Cornish (!) but seriously, he is a thoroughly nice guy."
9th December, 2007
"Just love the world you manage to capture behing your camera.
Keep up the good work, Barry."
3rd June, 2007
"Barry might be a wizard, a jedi master, a mutant, an extra terrestrial or perhaps a retired superhero with odd super power but he's definitely not an ordinary human being. His hairy and purplish complexion confirms this!
Until this very moment, I still wonder how did he manage to be extremely crazy and ridiculously wonderful friend at the same time. Not to mention his photostream will take to to wander endlessly around ravishing countryside view of old Cornwall. I go to sleep dreaming about this gorgeous place. Barry is my most favourite flickr friend ever! ;D"
12th February, 2006
"Barry is a great person...His photos are a lovely testimonial of the popular culture, and his comments are really charming. I also have to thank his present, 'cause he gave me my flickr pro account!!"
19th August, 2005
"Sensible, good taste, more than beautiful pictures....he is there at the right time!"
16th March, 2005
- December 2004
- St. Columb Major, Kernow (a.k.a. Cornwall), U.K.
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Part time philosopher
- BarryTrek @ Live Journal