I think of myself as a street-shooter, but I shoot in museums, too (where people usually don't notice or mind if they're in my shots) - especially when the weather is bad.
I shoot mostly with a digital Leica - natural light, candids.
Blog that I kept up until my father died 2/2012: mostlyaboutmyfather.blogspot.com/
This work by Susan Sermoneta is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License..
If you use a photograph of mine, I'd appreciate knowing where you've used it. No commercial use without my permission and without paying me.
I welcome assignments.
- Help-Portrait NYC 2013 7 photos, 15 members
- SPNC - Holiday - Y3 to Y4 195 photos, 139 members
- #T3Photoshoot 126 photos, 272 members
- Leica Tele-Elmarit-M 90mm f/2.8 276 photos, 56 members
- Mars Weekly's Flickr Click 21,516 photos, 2,061 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 25 96 photos, 147 members
- STREET PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION 4,495 photos, 1,348 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk 2013/Staten Island NY 136 photos, 16 members
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Visitor Photos 1,025 photos, 148 members
- Leica Store DC Oskar Barnack Wall 185 photos, 98 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 24 90 photos, 139 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 23 84 photos, 149 members
- Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 12,343 photos, 706 members
- LIC -- Long Island City, Queens 1,098 photos, 75 members
- Manual on Digital 53 photos, 91 members
- Coney Island 27,655 photos, 2,206 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 22 103 photos, 150 members
- Strangers in windows 771 photos, 376 members
- Mirror in the Bathroom 404 photos, 246 members
- Mars Weekly's Travel Light Photography 81,005 photos, 2,965 members
- Metrò, Bus, Tram.... in viaggio sui mezzi pubblci. 3,286 photos, 533 members
- bosnia and herzegovina 12,308 photos, 862 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 21 106 photos, 143 members
- Sarajevo 8,596 photos, 853 members
- Fujifilm X Series 58,548 photos, 1,320 members
- Fuji X-E1 /X-E2 by Fujifilm 58,662 photos, 3,107 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 17 114 photos, 170 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 18 111 photos, 161 members
- M is for Leica 18,318 photos, 239 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 20,926 photos, 3,685 members
- Everyday Life in NYC 8,785 photos, 239 members
- the BEST COLOR street photography 6,024 photos, 225 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 16 73 photos, 142 members
- United states of america USA 2,971 photos, 371 members
- The Best of Black and White Photography 790 photos, 148 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 15 135 photos, 169 members
- Working hard for a living 2,542 photos, 304 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 14 120 photos, 181 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 13 148 photos, 198 members
- travel on the train 5,458 photos, 95 members
- New York Shot By New Yorkers 126,248 photos, 1,770 members
- City Scapes & Street 23,413 photos, 1,269 members
- The Social Landscape 25,089 photos, 641 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 12 144 photos, 182 members
- Art Climbers 8,622 photos, 1,172 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 11 121 photos, 182 members
- Death Valley National Park 13,193 photos, 1,170 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 505 photos, 1,653 members
- strange & weird people 3 photos, 5 members
- SPNC - Year 3 - # 10 117 photos, 186 members
I love your streetphotography!
22nd January, 2008
"I have spent a couple of weeks with Susan walking on the streets of Paris. Susan is not just a great woman but a great photographer ! The way she takes pictures is very interesting. Sin-Da"
21st July, 2007
"Susan, Thanks for all the beautiful images. I'm really inspired by your portraits of people. Your work has movtivated me to get behind the lens more; and once I'm there do things differently. Thank you, Rich"
12th May, 2007
Evren Sahin says:
" for me, she is a woman Winogrand in NYC..
a very talented street photographer.."
6th March, 2007
"I Like the New York City's Perspective that comes from Susan's Pictures. It seems she has a unique taste of capturing whatever is happening in the city that never sleeps. We can really see NYC through her pictures. Keep up with the good work, Susan!"
22nd September, 2006
Steve took it says:
"Susan takes you on a detailed, unique and personal tour of her New York City. Through her camera we see a locals-eye-view of the architecture, graffiti and people that make her city so colorful and fascinating. From her sets on benchwarmers and city people to her perspective on colors and textures within restaurants, lobbies and museums, it’s a cityscape many will never notice. But Susan captures every overlooked detail and transforms them into unforgettable images. It’s a New York you will be glad you visited."
14th January, 2006
Rev. Santino says:
"Something is happening in the city.
Our photoreporter Susan is on the beat to capture anything we may have missed, freezing those moments for us to review.
Her service is huge, her eye is sharp and the titles are witty."
29th December, 2005
Newell the Jewell says:
"Always enjoy seeing new work submitted to Flickr by SusanNYC. Had the utmost pleasure of meeting her in person and observing her technique firsthand. In addition to having a keen eye, Susan's a great conversationist, down to earth, and laugh out loud hysterical."
28th September, 2005
"Susan_NYC has a gift for catching people (and places) in the city in their most open and unselfconscious moments. It's almost as if she lets us glimpse all of the things contained just under the surface of the people and places in NYC she photographs- qualities that are usually covered by a thin protective layer- and lets their vulnerability and humanity filter out."
26th May, 2005
Derby City (Rachel Pace) says:
"Susan is a wonderful friend, teacher, hostess, guest and critic! She opens my eyes and has been for lots of years! Everything Scissors says is true. And she is confortable! She has a great inquisitive mind and excitedly shares her findings. I love to be with her in new places! Even before her flickr days, she flickr'd!
Thanks, Susan ~"
11th May, 2005
Runs With Scissors says:
I must thank you for opening up what has become a vehicle for expression.
It wasn't enough for a close friend to get me to trust 'my eye' again.
It wasn't enough for the closest person to me to tell me it was okay to spend money I really didn't have because it was time to have a camera again.
It's not the time I spend or my effort capturing images that is so important.
It's was your generous invitations to examine your beloved camera closely, create an gmail account and lastly a Flickr account that has opened up a vechile that has allowed me pour all this into and travel in.
7th April, 2005
- Susan Sermoneta
- December 2004
- McKeesport PA
- Manhattan (since '64), USA
- I am:
- Female and Single
- adjunct instructor of English (semi-retired)
- my website (under construction)