Emre Ucar on Flickeflu
All my images are All Rights Reserved.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
You may contact me through Flickr mail if you wish to use any of my images.
"Of course, there will always be those who look only at technique, who ask 'how', while others of a more curious nature will ask 'why'. Personally, I have always preferred inspiration to information." Man Ray
"As far as I am concerned, taking photographs is a means of understanding which cannot be separated from other means of visual expression. It is a way of shouting, of freeing oneself, not of proving or asserting one's own originality. It is a way of life."
- Henri Cartier-Bresson -
"Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field. "
- Peter Adams -
This quotation will show you my understanding of photography:
"The photographer observes the scene, a situation or an object and responds to it by endeavoring to show it as it appears. A large majority of serious amateurs and professionals operate mainly within this tradition. There is, however, a second tradition, that of altering physical reality for the purpose of expressing the photographer's personal response to specific subject matter or to a concept or idea."
A serious amateur, aged 33, living in İzmir, Turkey.
I do appreciate your comments and your critics. Critics teach a lot if you do take it serious and pay attention to the pros and cons of the photo which is criticized. So for the ones who will write critics to me deserve my thankfulness.
By the way, please keep the comments clean. No banners or group logos and awards please. Otherwise I have to delete them since they mean nothing to me. Besides, I do not understand what the logos mean. They add nothing to a photography amateur. Comments will work much better for me.
Sorry to say, but I will just block anyone who has nothing to share, has no body icon and who is just a favorite collector. Flickr is for sharing.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD ME AS A CONTACT UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME PHOTOGRAPHY BACKGROUND. I AM SICK OF THE COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS OF WHY MY HANDS ARE SHAKY. FLOU(blur on purpose) IS A WAY OF VISUAL THINKING AND IT IS PART OF THE LANGUAGE OF PHOTOGRAPHY. I HAVE NO INTENTION TO IMPRESS MY VIEWERS. I ONLY SHOOT FOR MYSELF AND I DONT LIKE TO SHOW OFF.
Ekipmanı: ( My Equipments)
Personally I do not care about them like a maniac, but since many people have been asking these, I have prefered to write it beforehand.
Canon 40D DSLR (sold) *edit
+ 24-70 USM L f2.8Canon lens
+ 70-200 USM IS L f.4 Canon telephoto zoom lens
+ 50mm f.1.4
Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 Manuel Lens
+ 300 mm reflex makinon(good for soft photos, with interesting bokeh, otherwise it is a cheap and not so good lens)
+ 20 mm Nikon f.3.5
+ many adapters to use the old lenses on my slrs.
Hasselblad 503 CX medium format with Carl Zeiss Lenses
I have also a Russian Lubitel medium format and a Japanese Yashica medium format cameras as well.
From time to time I check my contacts and sometimes I need to rearrange them, upgrade some to friends and end being contacts if there is a need for it.
I see my photos blogged in some websites, if you ask for a permission first, there is no problem for me and I'll let; however it is necessarry to ask first.
Emre Uçar is a fan of
Camille Saint-SaënsCreate your Fan Badge
And Stanley Kubrick, Krzysztof Kieslowski, Andrei Tarkovsky, David Lynch, Kim Ki Duk, Ernst Ingmar Bergman, Nuri Bilge Ceylan are my favorite directors. I suggest you should watch them if you haven't so far.
Photos of Emre Ucar (10)
- Türk Sokak Fotoğrafçılığı 284 photos, 444 members
- Film Explosion 96,338 photos, 2,765 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 80,419 photos, 7,827 members
- Film/ Analog/ Photography 22,194 photos, 586 members
- Film Portraits 40,214 photos, 2,011 members
- Art & Artworks 5,056 photos, 396 members
- Candid Street Portraiture 6,139 photos, 2,350 members
- Hasselblad Portrait 1,369 photos, 220 members
- Canterbury 3,761 photos, 301 members
- Né Ultra 15,909 photos, 2,384 members
- some velvet morning 2,057 photos, 1,362 members
- Cambridge University 5,832 photos, 557 members
- Cambridge 46,315 photos, 2,872 members
- University of Kent 597 photos, 198 members
- Norita Council 2,299 photos, 257 members
- inconnu//unknown 14,479 photos, 2,728 members
- TiltShiftMaker photos 20,849 photos, 7,497 members
- X-Equals on flickr - share, interact, inspire 3,916 photos, 530 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*6 ALTERPHASE [CLOSED] 513 photos, 894 members
- JUST ANOTHER MAGAZINE 1,200 photos, 218 members
- Film Forward! 62,194 photos, 1,672 members
- Analog Bokeh 28,795 photos, 1,372 members
- FILMISM 143,107 photos, 2,981 members
- *F/ILM - Visual Narratives (E-zine Submissions) 229 photos, 365 members
- Film Ölmez Be Abi! 4,829 photos, 385 members
- Oh Comely Magazine Submissions 26,924 photos, 2,196 members
- FlickRussian: говорим по-русски! Flickr in Russia 273,141 photos, 12,151 members
- Linhof 3,867 photos, 564 members
- Nikon F bodies 9,000 photos, 324 members
- Medium Format Portrait 337 photos, 960 members
- Medium Format Flickr 23,867 photos, 831 members
- 50mm in B&W 4,063 photos, 161 members
- Dujour Magazine Contributor Search 2,604 photos, 222 members
- Carpaccio Magazine 87,615 photos, 3,770 members
- Call for submissions: Unicorn/dream magazine 1,757 photos, 677 members
- They Shoot Film, Don't They? 230,976 photos, 5,525 members
- I Love Film 475,299 photos, 7,649 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,478,834 photos, 34,667 members
- Ilford HP5 Plus 28,751 photos, 2,652 members
- Analog Photography 1,436,583 photos, 31,695 members
- 645 Medium Format 37,269 photos, 2,818 members
- The Moment It Clicks 14,596 photos, 1,505 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 13,687 photos, 10,882 members
- The world through Zeiss 1,834 photos, 79 members
- Slide Film 54,211 photos, 1,938 members
- Soft Lighting 1,260 photos, 157 members
- Incredible Lighting 187 photos, 65 members
- Dramatic 39,218 photos, 3,003 members
- Dramatic Portraits - Post 1 Award 2 147,852 photos, 12,736 members
- FM2 owner's club 730 photos, 71 members
© noborders says:
"Always exploring and experimenting,
Always vibrant with plenty of emotions and visions,
Emre has also a great gift for friendship and for connecting with everyone.
He is one of the most charismatic members of Flickr : this community would not be the same without him !"
12th April, 2010
23rd February, 2010
"the most honest photos around. each one is original and true. sheer genius!"
24th January, 2010
"Sometimes you feel so close to someone you forget about the little things. Or even the things that are important from one aspect but irrelative from the inner connections you can feel with a person.
That, just to say I have not written a testimonial before for Emre because somehow, it seems superfluous, as my appreciation of Emre is self evident.
It is not always my style of photography but, that may be more due to my own limited horizons. But in Emre's photography I see not so much statement-making as question-asking. A form of seeking.
And questions after all are really all we have. Every statement that can be made is in fact, only a question in disguise.
Through that question asking we expose a part of our inner selves. And what I see of Emre is much to my liking. I wish him well in life and hope we will remain friends for a long time to come.
And I also thank him very much for his kindness and the energy expended for the sake of reciprocal appreciation of our photographic endeavors...
Thank you, Emre."
11th January, 2010
Michelle Brea says:
"Painterly, dreamy, abstract, wonderful compositions are some of the words I would use to describe Emre's work!"
24th October, 2009
"one of my favourite artists in the world.
honest, meaningful and moving."
13th October, 2009
RHL Pedrosa says:
"Emre is able to bring the unexpected thru his incredible vision and accomplished skills. His work shows a perception for light and form which is very rare in photography today. I see touches of the greats in his work, but with a clear distinctive voice. Renato from Campinas, Brazil."
12th October, 2009
"I think you need to update your profile. A serious amateur? I think you have proven yourself quite the professional.
Your work is so uniquely yours. I love that about it."
16th September, 2009
Red Pill Photo says:
"Emre is the most original artist I have the pleasure of having as a Flickr friend.
His work reaches into my imagination and invokes feelings that otherwise rests.
His seeing is unique, and is demonstrated in his work. Emre has the skill and imagination of a true artist. He has a gift that not many have.
Emre can photograph many times from the same location and make every image original.
Check his stream if you do not already know his work, it is inspiring."
10th September, 2009
"He paints everything that passes in front of his eyes, abstract visions of his mind full of shadows and distortions of the reality.
Just take a look at in his gallery and enjoy..."
10th September, 2009
"I love Emre's work, especially the ones with blur. His blur photos are not meaningless as most people's. In his blur photos there are very meaningful and strong associations. He is a visual poet of productive thinking. You really need to have some sophisticated background in order to perceive how he uses the images to associate them to express a message. His photos directly stem from his mental world. I am a big fan of his visual presentations, and one thing, I have even looked up some reference books related to visual thinking and the uses of the symbols in photograhy in order to percieve some of his very abstract work. But it is all worth it. A true recommendation."
5th September, 2009
"Emre usa la fotografia come la fotografia deve essere usata!Uno splendido linguaggio di cui lui conosce tutte le parole !"
3rd August, 2009
Eni Turkeshi Imagery says:
"delicious flu photos"
10th July, 2009
* raymond says:
"I LOVE Emre's work. You will too!"
29th June, 2009
"Unique and special sensibility. Excellent photographer!!!"
5th June, 2009
"Very defined style.
I love his work very much.
5th May, 2009
ece gizem bakır says:
13th March, 2009
"master of blur and reduction
still increasing the focus and the message
all my respect"
8th March, 2009
- Emre Ucar
- April 2008
- İzmir, Turkey
- I am:
- Male and Taken