I am 21 years young, and this is my passion. I am from North Dakota. I love coffee, my cat, pickles, dresses and tights. To me, there is something magical about riding my bike at night, and finding a secret place in the woods. I look far too often for magic in antique shops, abandoned buildings, dirt roads, and smiling faces. I am a wanderluster, dreamer, explorer, and a lover. I want to inspire people to see beauty in everything, and I want to make a difference in someone's life. I want so badly to show everyone that there is beauty everywhere you look, and in every person you meet. Sometimes, you just have to open your eyes.
Facebook | Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Book 1 | Book 2
`·.To contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
All photos here are taken by me. © Emma Katka. Do not use my work without my permission on any website, blog, or for personal use.
- Saccades Project 33,550 photos, 1,329 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 20,110 photos, 3,635 members
- Evoking You 27,715 photos, 2,892 members
- Experimental Dream 141,816 photos, 7,208 members
- Bright and Cheery 209 photos, 32 members
- Svn/\Moon 517 photos, 68 members
- Time Stops Zine 2,067 photos, 156 members
- Item Collaboration 1,702 photos, 260 members
- DRS Productions 1 photo, 60 members
- Funky Flickr People on Facebook 27 photos, 19 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 57 photos, 96 members
- My Brown-Eyed Girl 20,107 photos, 3,353 members
- † Film 1,306 photos, 76 members
- TalkUrbex.com 76,960 photos, 1,543 members
- Gravel Road Photography 31,726 photos, 980 members
- North Dakota Photographers 7,235 photos, 110 members
- Abandoned Hospitals 14,155 photos, 754 members
- Abandoned America 8,765 photos, 725 members
- morgue and girls 6 photos, 100 members
- abandoned asylums 11,733 photos, 771 members
- Abandoned, Decayed & Forgotten 51,676 photos, 1,204 members
- In Love With Love ♥ 3,007 photos, 549 members
- The Coca-Cola Company 7,110 photos, 3,088 members
- PONY ANARCHY MAGAZINE 2,957 photos, 1,203 members
- Freelensing 8,096 photos, 3,196 members
- Puppy Lovin' 3,532 photos, 612 members
- dreaming state 1,518 photos, 1,357 members
- You make me cry and smile in the same time 384 photos, 178 members
- Beautiful Kiss 7,330 photos, 4,487 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 90,448 photos, 12,219 members
- lovers on lovers 2,515 photos, 904 members
- The Love(s) of My Life 736 photos, 227 members
- Loving Couple 28,383 photos, 7,080 members
- Love and Romance 18,651 photos, 4,217 members
- shadows 177,809 photos, 19,262 members
- *** Gazing/Staring *portraits that feature gazing eyes* P1-C2 23,360 photos, 1,533 members
- Taking pictures is the way time is stopped in 7,197 photos, 1,684 members
- as beautiful as you want 569,035 photos, 10,213 members
- Psychological 14,961 photos, 1,126 members
- Planking People 33 photos, 23 members
- dream or reality? 284,764 photos, 15,974 members
- Magic Moments 658,824 photos, 24,996 members
- Female presence in abandoned places 1,022 photos, 285 members
- The Light Fantastic 588,812 photos, 29,499 members
- Vatican City - The Holy See - Santa Sede 11,446 photos, 1,762 members
- You can't take pictures here! 16,889 photos, 2,329 members
- the places we go 28,883 photos, 3,483 members
- Abandoned Minnesota 3,809 photos, 229 members
- for those who do not simply exist, but live. 3,492 photos, 308 members
- A New Form Of Beauty 27,819 photos, 1,082 members
"Amazing. Unique. Always changing and evolving. Creative. Inspiring. Beautiful. Thoughtful. And any other amazing or positive adjective that one could possibly think of.
Always something wonderful to look at.
Words that hit the deepest parts of your soul."
11th July, 2011
"When you look through Emma Katka's body of work, there is only one conclusion about her that can be drawn. She is a beautiful soul. This is reflected in every single piece of her work. Emma sees the things in the world that to some might not be aesthetically pleasing, but captures them in the most wonderful of ways. Her abandonment work shows that even when things are falling apart, there is still beauty in them. Her mental illness series, while at first might seem like touchy subject matter, is executed with respect for anyone with the illness and portrays, at least artistically, what those illnesses might be like.
Remember her name. You'll likely be hearing it a lot in the coming years."
8th November, 2010
"Where to begin....oh gosh, I suppose the beginning? (:
Ever since I stumbled upon your stream, I've been in love. Not only do you use abandoned places as your backdrop (something I love), but you make them come to life again. I can honestly say you are one of the few people that I eagerly wait to see new pictures from.
I don't know you personally, but I'm sure if I ever met you, I wouldn't be afraid to talk to you. You are so real in your photographs; I can just feel everything you feel in that split second. Sometimes emotion is hard to get across, but you do it perfectly.
I am so glad I found your stream! Keep on doing what you do best, and never EVER let the haters get to you."
14th October, 2010
"In my book, Emma Katka will remain my photographer for many many years for the obvious reason that no one shoots a photo like she does, especially in such a style that is completely her own. Her choice of backgrounds and subjects usually prove to be distracting with other photographers, but she has a way of grasping the subject and all elements of her surroundings to reflect a certain universal emotion. Her talent in facial expressions is flawless. I also see how many other flickr members, and average fans relate to her on a daily basis. She wears her heart on her sleeve, and lets every photograph she takes have a little part of her, and because of that, I hope and pray that she continues to grow as a person and as a photographer so she can continue to give us those little parts of her."
10th August, 2010
I just spent a while, going through every page in your steam. (I'm not a creeper, I swear. haha!) I was just fascinated with your photography. I love the fact that you go to abandoned houses, I found all your pictures of them absolutely amazing. I love the old things like you shot in them, I give you credit for going into those houses, I'd probably be too creeped out. ahha.
When I saw your comments on people being critical about your work, I literally thought, 'are they serious? her photography is incredible!' Like, really.
You're very talented and creative. Keep up the great work (:"
8th May, 2010
"So this girl is absolutely incredible. her sense of adventure leads to amazing photos, and her awesome personality helps her find ridiculously cool things to photograph. I suck at wording how I'm feeling, so yeah. she should know how wonderful she is! :)"
8th May, 2010
roadkill rabbit says:
"so many constantly beautiful things :)"
13th April, 2010
Alex is late says:
"Emma, I've wanted to write this for a long, long time.
Before I knew you, I loved your photography. It's chocka with passion, and - well, you see things that others just don't. And that I never could. But after spending time getting to know you, I see elements of you in every frame you shoot... and I love that.
Anyway, I'm not sure that uniqueness can really be measured on a sliding scale, but hell - you're VERY unique Em. And your photos reflect that. Always.
So, hey - to shamelessly nab and doctor a quote...
'To [Emma Katka] I now give this message: You got eyes.'"
23rd July, 2009
- Emma Katka
- September 2008
- Grand Forks, ND
- United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- ekatka40 [at] hotmail.com