Currently in portland, oregon.
Visit me at Redfishingboat.com
Follow me on Twitter. I tweet about photography and cool photos often.
"Quit missing the point ye olde crank!"" - P. H. 4 Nov 2012
"If you don't put up photos, you close windows"
"If your pictures aren`t good enough, you aren't close enough."
"You're impossible on days Gaga releases something"
-- Pete D7n
I'm easygoing. I'm happy for you to use my photos in your blog posts. I'd ask that you leave a link to your blog in the comments section of the photo, as a courtesy. Pimp your blog, yo!
If you're trying to contact me, flickrmail works. So does the address: emayoh [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Now, about me:
So, Festival Friendly interviewed me. Read it!
Then, Ice Cream Man interviewed me! Check it out.
Plus, Todd "norbography" Norbury grilled me about me: Go there.
Here is a photo of me by Scott Hevener:
Finally, please read this essay Are photographers really a threat? by security expert Bruce Schneier
"Since 9/11, there has been an increasing war on photography. Photographers have been harrassed, questioned, detained, arrested or worse, and declared to be unwelcome. We've been repeatedly told to watch out for photographers, especially suspicious ones. Clearly any terrorist is going to first photograph his target, so vigilance is required.
Except that it's nonsense." (read all) (Backup link)
- Christmas Deco 2013 45 photos, 20 members
- hauntinglyfun 190 photos, 35 members
- St. Johns Bridge (Portland, Oregon) 1,521 photos, 279 members
- Pendarvis Farm 695 photos, 15 members
- PICKATHON photos 656 photos, 37 members
- Photography Projects 191 photos, 55 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 117 photos, 18 members
- Instapdx 130 photos, 17 members
- Radial Blur in camera 51 photos, 26 members
- Willamette Week 410 photos, 31 members
- PDX Concert Photos 2,914 photos, 178 members
- Ferrania Wonderland 17,329 photos, 1,545 members
- The Lost Frame 47 photos, 37 members
- Visionless Hacks 199 photos, 11 members
- Blue Moon Camera 23,371 photos, 654 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 27,265 photos, 4,117 members
- pdx [portland] 153,818 photos, 5,291 members
- Portland Oregon 18,998 photos, 1,007 members
- Portland Oregon Photographers 120 photos, 192 members
- Portland Flickr Junkies 19,794 photos, 550 members
- Portland iPhoneography 1,732 photos, 115 members
- Yellow + Rust 1,778 photos, 190 members
- Film's not Dead 3,387 photos, 193 members
- Seven by Five 41,634 photos, 2,270 members
- Film Wins 36,684 photos, 883 members
- green + rust 6,389 photos, 602 members
- Minolta 16 258 photos, 60 members
- I love Amtrak 16,708 photos, 936 members
- Americana 56,049 photos, 2,537 members
- Upstate New York (location required) 44,791 photos, 2,209 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 289,107 photos, 15,819 members
- Provia Xpro 1,833 photos, 212 members
- Do It Yourself Color (Film ONLY) 41,309 photos, 2,198 members
- William Klein School 2,365 photos, 331 members
- Fujifilm GF670W Professional 124 photos, 47 members
- Concert Photography on Film 2,309 photos, 133 members
- B&H Photo 37,234 photos, 6,230 members
- Lomography Sprocket Rocket 6,336 photos, 935 members
- International Harvesters 5,270 photos, 399 members
- Svärta (http://svrta.org) 87,518 photos, 2,572 members
- Urban Tristesse 5,275 photos, 273 members
- iPhoneography 339,945 photos, 11,833 members
- Zoe - The Traveling Purple Chuzzle 2 photos, 4 members
- FYF Fest 303 photos, 27 members
- VINTAGE MOTEL SIGNS ONLY! 25,472 photos, 3,799 members
- KCET.org Southern California Flickr Pool 3,668 photos, 101 members
- Blackandwhiteology 27,777 photos, 1,100 members
- Show your Leica M (Please, Only Leica M Gear Photos) 1,922 photos, 639 members
- Obsolete/No Longer Used 78 photos, 67 members
- diet cola zine 7,490 photos, 1,267 members
Matilda Su says:
"He's more than awesome!"
19th April, 2010
"Every one of Mick's shots just cements my belief that he's one of the coolest guys on flickr. He has an uncanny ability to find beauty in the seemingly mundane, giving importance and life to things that go largely unnoticed by the rest of us. It helps that he's smart, witty and handy with a camera, too..."
25th March, 2009
"Mick is one of the greatest photographers I know... So great, that he makes it really difficult for me to hate him. DAMN YOU MICK OCHINSKY.
But seriously, Mick always has great advice, photo related or otherwise, and he is such a sweet heart! I really look up to him and admire his body of work so much."
16th February, 2009
Pedro Moura Pinheiro says:
"Mick is one of the people that I *will* have to meet in person. He has it, that feeling for light and humanity, his photos are a great cross-section of human experience. And above everything else, he's funny. I'm always here, waiting for the next ride he'll take us on through his photography."
8th December, 2008
"Whistle a tune and this man will know it, will find you the remix and has probably shot them in concert.
Two of his great passions are photography and music yet he says his passion is sleeping, thrust me you'll never feel more awake after knowing this fine gentleman."
22nd November, 2008
"Mick 0 is a seriously smart, quick dude. Also Mick 0 is a refreshingly nice, helpful dude. And Mick 0 wields an insightful, creative eye. But most of all Mick 0 is the dude with a 5d in the mosh pit. Both figuratively and literally."
4th November, 2008
"A wise sage once said, "rule of thumb.. the fewer the legs = the greater the views... ". Never truer words have been writ. Meeko sees failures as treasures and i think thats a pretty great thing. Plus, theres the greatness of the one about the hooker red mercedes and the one that is greater than real life and the one of age being wasted on the old. And so many more...dont know what im going on about? view the stream. it will be like it has fewer legs."
14th October, 2008
"He has advanced degrees in both charm and humming1
Aside from that, Mick 0 is one of my favorite flickr people, because he is so smart and charming (advanced degree, see above), is a great photographer, takes good notes about the people he knows, is an ace punster, and is an all around mensch."
23rd April, 2008
"a better man would be hard to find"
28th March, 2008
- March 2005
- I am:
- Male and Single