Freelance researcher in cultural anthropology, India keeps calling me… I spend there most of my time, mostly in a village next to Benares. Across the river lives the Maharadjah, I've built my house next to his Palace, along river Ganga. A place of all dream… When in France, Paris is my resting place.
Since june 08 I'm roaming India extensively. Please forgive me if I don't answer your message, I'm seldom on the Net.
Link to my Imagekind gallery Great quality print ! I've tried it, enrapturing top quality..
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
November 05, trying to find a nice angle in a small hut where a ritual was going on…
My website dedicated to Mother India is in french, sorry. Quite documented…
Photos of Elishams (6)
- theindiaphilemonthlycompetition 320 photos, 15 members
- South India Clicks 2,326 photos, 197 members
- From Bihar 343 photos, 25 members
- Blissful Bihar 968 photos, 31 members
- Shakti! Shakti! Images of India & Nepal 3,342 photos, 364 members
- LIFE IN INDIA 74,674 photos, 3,131 members
- Open Eyes - Online Magazine 3,791 photos, 842 members
- Tribute to the worker 551 photos, 63 members
- indian life images 11,912 photos, 242 members
- The Gallery Of Fine PORTRAIT Photography [DISCONTINUED] 35,624 photos, 5,538 members
- DIARY OF TRAVEL 3,306 photos, 65 members
- Portraits du monde 81,470 photos, 5,662 members
- South Indian Culture 10,451 photos, 679 members
- Ramayana Now 271 photos, 127 members
- Schools of the World 2,689 photos, 1,934 members
- Travels in The Indian Himalayas 9,037 photos, 783 members
- WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE ! 134,196 photos, 7,717 members
- AiA: Global Citizens - Citoyens du Monde - Ciudadanos del Mundo 9,239 photos, 924 members
- Photoreporters sur Flickr 4,037 photos, 290 members
- Photojournalism 2.0 35,350 photos, 2,074 members
- bébé du monde ! 1,999 photos, 340 members
- Tibet Buddhism 9,545 photos, 626 members
- Tibetan Culture 16,972 photos, 1,120 members
- We travel the World 680,288 photos, 35,342 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 33,196 photos, 5,647 members
- Planet Earth Daily Photo 25,901 photos, 761 members
- Je suis venu(e) vous dire /I came and tell you 175,610 photos, 3,966 members
- blackanwhite national photography 17,384 photos, 1,123 members
- All People at Work 4,332 photos, 383 members
- Black and White (Photography) 93,458 photos, 6,078 members
- ❤ Coloring Books ❤ 299 photos, 146 members
- I LOVE INDIA TRADITIONAL 16,448 photos, 1,195 members
- Celebrations of Light 2,340 photos, 220 members
- Uttar Pradesh 2,164 photos, 67 members
- OUR ELDERLY 11,165 photos, 1,688 members
- Views: 1000 39,021 photos, 11,545 members
- THE VOYAGE / Adventure Travel Photography by Daniel Malka 1,704 photos, 55 members
- Views: 7000 or Favorites: 100 546 photos, 376 members
- Global Spirit ==>Sacred Images Only! (post 1, comment 1 please) 4,693 photos, 566 members
- Picturing The Men 1,604 photos, 219 members
- Captions worth reading 3,556 photos, 293 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 173,395 photos, 7,160 members
- Om or Aum: the mystical or sacred symbol 335 photos, 157 members
- India Song 28,863 photos, 1,555 members
- ╠Mains-Hands-Hände-Mani-Manos╣ 8,164 photos, 4,361 members
- Documentary of Human soul 29,388 photos, 1,402 members
- RAW Street Photography 766,376 photos, 29,133 members
- Kids Life 79,420 photos, 11,702 members
- The India Tree 81,823 photos, 3,860 members
- Voyageurs du monde: Sweeper active ( Post 1 Comment 2). 85,841 photos, 4,770 members
"Des photos absolument superbes!!! j'aime venir me ressourcer dans toutes ses somptueuses couleurs
Merci de nous faire partager cet amour des gens"
29th March, 2008
"Au fil des images, Eli shams nous emmène dans son Inde magique. Au début, on découvre, puis nous continuons le voyage. Nous parcourons villes et chemins pleins de rencontres. Loin de l'exotisme facile.Une proximité où nous finissons par faire partie de ce quotidien qui n'est pas le nôtre. Alors, continue à nous faire partage ce voyage que nous accompagnons pas à pas. Que Brahma, Shiva et tous les Dieux bienfaisants t'accompagnent. M."
17th February, 2008
"Eli is one of my first and most dear friends here on flickr. Her work inspires me a lot. What I like the most about her pictures is that they capture the very essence I love about India: dignity, spirituality, deep love, humility, eternity... That essence that can't be described with words.
I hope that she will continue to shoot for us. Thank you for your generosity Eli. Namaskar!"
13th October, 2007
"Eli's eye on the world and its people feeds my soul. Through her lens and heart I am transported....walking alongside her, looking deeply into the eyes of the people she meets and photographs with such love and respect. She colors my life with her travels and art. Thank you, Eli!"
24th June, 2007
"Eli! You are great photographer who brings real life of time and place where you go and always captured very intresting images with details!
Alwayas enjoy you worksmanships"
17th March, 2007
Nav A. says:
"I AM A HUGE FAN OF ELI
she is a grand photographer and a SUPER person who loves everyone and makes everyone feel important and appreciated. I wish there were more people like her."
8th December, 2006
"I don't know how I got delayed in writing this for Eli.
"Mujhay Shama Karna Eli "
Eli is the best and most gentle person I ever met in flickr as well as in real life.She has a brave heart ,open mind and biggest thing is her dedication towards India and Hinduism .Although I am a Hindu but I even don't know as much as Eli do.What else I can say....she is my best friend and will always remain in my heart .Her photographs are simply best and speakes themselves.....Whenever I get a chance to meet Eli again,will never miss that....She is one of the dedicated person in this world I come across.
All the best Eli
Regards & Love
27th November, 2006
"i have enjoyed Elisham's work from the beginning of my Flickr days..i have seen her grow and grow and become such an exceptional photographer. Her narratives add to the richness of her documentation....but it is her compassion, warmth, joy and love for India and the People that i appreciate as well...She is a treasured Flickr friend."
20th November, 2006
Stox - Ideas Playground says:
"Photographs of elishams give always a lot of details, I love the great colorfull series of portrait, a piece of the indian life with a lot of sun ! I love the general atmosphere of the photographs and explanations with these."
10th June, 2006
"There are only a handful of photographers whose photos I can identify, the greats of history, and elishams. Her love of the people of India is profoundly expressed in every photo. She doesn't just glance at people and shoot, she knows who she captures and tells the viewer something important about every life. I never had a desire to go to India until seeing her photos, now I have to go, if there is a way, I will go."
21st May, 2006
Zenith Phuong says:
"what i admire her is her love for the people, for the country and anything related to INDIA. Her photos are diverse in styles, colors and emotions but all are fantastic.
im particularly interested in the journalistic elements, which are apparent in her stream!
thank you for showing us INCREDIBLE INDIA! ;)"
29th April, 2006
Milapsinh Jadeja says:
"See the real india.... beautiful coverage of india and its hidden beauty..
i guess i need not write any testimonial for her as her pictures itself are beyond my words..
truly beautiful work."
20th April, 2006
"The work of elishams was an unexpected goldmine for me. Somehow I stumbled upon it and have been enthralled ever since. Her insight into the everyday workings of the world around her are so evident. But what captivates me is her skill in capturing the sights, moods, emotions, subtlties, colors, and people with her camera. Every shot takes me into her world where I can get lost in exploration. Thanks!"
24th March, 2006
Ten Directions says:
"Elisham's great love of India and its people shine brightly through her photos. The intimacy found in the portraits comes from her deep compassion. I am so grateful that she shares these wonderful photos. I learn so much from them."
10th November, 2005
- September 2005
- L'inde où je vis