Freelance researcher in cultural anthropology, India keeps calling me… I spend there most of my time, mostly in a village next to Benares. Across the river lives the Maharadjah, I've built my house next to his Palace, along river Ganga. A place of all dream… When in France, Paris is my resting place.
Since june 08 I'm roaming India extensively. Please forgive me if I don't answer your message, I'm seldom on the Net.
Link to my Imagekind gallery Great quality print ! I've tried it, enrapturing top quality..
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
November 05, trying to find a nice angle in a small hut where a ritual was going on…
My website dedicated to Mother India is in french, sorry. Quite documented…
Photos of Elishams (5)
- theindiaphilemonthlycompetition 239 photos, 16 members
- South India Clicks 1,902 photos, 183 members
- From Bihar 351 photos, 24 members
- Blissful Bihar 957 photos, 30 members
- Shakti! Shakti! Images of India & Nepal 3,358 photos, 363 members
- LIFE IN INDIA 68,727 photos, 2,999 members
- Open Eyes - Online Magazine 3,768 photos, 841 members
- Tribute to the worker 544 photos, 61 members
- indian life images 11,496 photos, 238 members
- The Gallery Of Fine PORTRAIT Photography [No frames/signatures] 32,675 photos, 5,330 members
- DIARY OF TRAVEL 3,068 photos, 65 members
- Portraits du monde * Post 1 , Comment 2 * Sweeper is running 72,042 photos, 5,227 members
- South Indian Culture 9,403 photos, 645 members
- Ramayana Now 287 photos, 128 members
- Schools of the World 2,587 photos, 1,921 members
- Travels in The Indian Himalayas 8,744 photos, 769 members
- WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE ! 124,828 photos, 7,606 members
- AiA: Global Citizens - Citoyens du Monde - Ciudadanos del Mundo 9,097 photos, 928 members
- Photoreporters sur Flickr 4,120 photos, 294 members
- Photojournalism 2.0 31,862 photos, 1,944 members
- bébé du monde ! 1,805 photos, 322 members
- Tibet Buddhism 9,174 photos, 612 members
- Tibetan Culture 16,306 photos, 1,110 members
- We travel the World 634,035 photos, 34,761 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 32,622 photos, 5,508 members
- Planet Earth Daily Photo 23,985 photos, 745 members
- Je suis venu(e) vous dire /I came and tell you 164,504 photos, 3,939 members
- blackanwhite national photography 17,471 photos, 1,130 members
- All People at Work 3,994 photos, 366 members
- Black and White (Photography) 86,406 photos, 5,880 members
- ❤ Coloring Books ❤ 295 photos, 148 members
- I LOVE INDIA TRADITIONAL 15,218 photos, 1,173 members
- Celebrations of Light 2,043 photos, 223 members
- Uttar Pradesh 1,940 photos, 65 members
- OUR ELDERLY 10,995 photos, 1,685 members
- Views: 1000 25,769 photos, 11,039 members
- THE VOYAGE / Adventure Travel Photography by Daniel Malka 1,720 photos, 56 members
- Views: 7000 or Favorites: 100 385 photos, 355 members
- Global Spirit ==>Sacred Images Only! (post 1, comment 1 please) 4,645 photos, 565 members
- Picturing The Men 1,722 photos, 217 members
- Captions worth reading 3,481 photos, 292 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 157,874 photos, 6,954 members
- Om or Aum: the mystical or sacred symbol 333 photos, 156 members
- India Song 28,449 photos, 1,546 members
- ╠Mains-Hands-Hände-Mani-Manos╣ 8,277 photos, 4,383 members
- Documentary of Human soul 26,537 photos, 1,346 members
- RAW Street Photography 695,852 photos, 27,855 members
- Kids Life 77,358 photos, 11,442 members
- The India Tree 78,457 photos, 3,844 members
- Voyageurs du monde: Sweeper active ( Post 1 Comment 2). 83,843 photos, 4,770 members
"Des photos absolument superbes!!! j'aime venir me ressourcer dans toutes ses somptueuses couleurs
Merci de nous faire partager cet amour des gens"
29th March, 2008
"Au fil des images, Eli shams nous emmène dans son Inde magique. Au début, on découvre, puis nous continuons le voyage. Nous parcourons villes et chemins pleins de rencontres. Loin de l'exotisme facile.Une proximité où nous finissons par faire partie de ce quotidien qui n'est pas le nôtre. Alors, continue à nous faire partage ce voyage que nous accompagnons pas à pas. Que Brahma, Shiva et tous les Dieux bienfaisants t'accompagnent. M."
17th February, 2008
"Eli is one of my first and most dear friends here on flickr. Her work inspires me a lot. What I like the most about her pictures is that they capture the very essence I love about India: dignity, spirituality, deep love, humility, eternity... That essence that can't be described with words.
I hope that she will continue to shoot for us. Thank you for your generosity Eli. Namaskar!"
13th October, 2007
"Eli's eye on the world and its people feeds my soul. Through her lens and heart I am transported....walking alongside her, looking deeply into the eyes of the people she meets and photographs with such love and respect. She colors my life with her travels and art. Thank you, Eli!"
24th June, 2007
"Eli! You are great photographer who brings real life of time and place where you go and always captured very intresting images with details!
Alwayas enjoy you worksmanships"
17th March, 2007
Nav A. says:
"I AM A HUGE FAN OF ELI
she is a grand photographer and a SUPER person who loves everyone and makes everyone feel important and appreciated. I wish there were more people like her."
8th December, 2006
"I don't know how I got delayed in writing this for Eli.
"Mujhay Shama Karna Eli "
Eli is the best and most gentle person I ever met in flickr as well as in real life.She has a brave heart ,open mind and biggest thing is her dedication towards India and Hinduism .Although I am a Hindu but I even don't know as much as Eli do.What else I can say....she is my best friend and will always remain in my heart .Her photographs are simply best and speakes themselves.....Whenever I get a chance to meet Eli again,will never miss that....She is one of the dedicated person in this world I come across.
All the best Eli
Regards & Love
27th November, 2006
"i have enjoyed Elisham's work from the beginning of my Flickr days..i have seen her grow and grow and become such an exceptional photographer. Her narratives add to the richness of her documentation....but it is her compassion, warmth, joy and love for India and the People that i appreciate as well...She is a treasured Flickr friend."
20th November, 2006
Stox - Ideas Playground says:
"Photographs of elishams give always a lot of details, I love the great colorfull series of portrait, a piece of the indian life with a lot of sun ! I love the general atmosphere of the photographs and explanations with these."
10th June, 2006
"There are only a handful of photographers whose photos I can identify, the greats of history, and elishams. Her love of the people of India is profoundly expressed in every photo. She doesn't just glance at people and shoot, she knows who she captures and tells the viewer something important about every life. I never had a desire to go to India until seeing her photos, now I have to go, if there is a way, I will go."
21st May, 2006
Zenith Phuong says:
"what i admire her is her love for the people, for the country and anything related to INDIA. Her photos are diverse in styles, colors and emotions but all are fantastic.
im particularly interested in the journalistic elements, which are apparent in her stream!
thank you for showing us INCREDIBLE INDIA! ;)"
29th April, 2006
Milapsinh Jadeja says:
"See the real india.... beautiful coverage of india and its hidden beauty..
i guess i need not write any testimonial for her as her pictures itself are beyond my words..
truly beautiful work."
20th April, 2006
"The work of elishams was an unexpected goldmine for me. Somehow I stumbled upon it and have been enthralled ever since. Her insight into the everyday workings of the world around her are so evident. But what captivates me is her skill in capturing the sights, moods, emotions, subtlties, colors, and people with her camera. Every shot takes me into her world where I can get lost in exploration. Thanks!"
24th March, 2006
Ten Directions says:
"Elisham's great love of India and its people shine brightly through her photos. The intimacy found in the portraits comes from her deep compassion. I am so grateful that she shares these wonderful photos. I learn so much from them."
10th November, 2005
- September 2005
- L'inde où je vis