More about me at my websites:
Eclectic Echoes personal and family observations and stories.
Larval Images - images and information about the diversity of larval forms
The Other 95% A site all about invertebrate life started by Kevin Zelnio which I am a co-author of now.
Hmmm... who am I?
Well I really don't know the answer to that and as
I am accellerating towards I've cleared 40, well, check back when I'm 50.
What I do though - I am a
(old) undergrad student in Marine Sciences (Physics and Biology focuses) graduate student at the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus persuing an MSc in Oceanography.
Unfortunately all the school and research projects leave little enough time for my family, so my photography time suffers severely. Now that I'm
Soon enough I will be through with my undergrad and on to the masters program then I will have even less time!!
In photography I enjoy wildlife photography and the birds around here are a joy to study through the lens. Macro is second on the list, and of course family snapshots are a must.
Please enjoy the photos, and be sure to leave a comment or question.
Photos of eclectic echoes (5)
- Scientific Visualization, Animation and Illustration 647 photos, 178 members
- Wild Biology 14,344 photos, 1,887 members
- Scientific Illustration - FISH 17 photos, 2 members
- The Art of Science 4,787 photos, 602 members
- Science in pictures 3,500 photos, 732 members
- Connecticut Shore - Taken Within Sight of The Waterfront 5,363 photos, 245 members
- Just Hammonasset 586 photos, 56 members
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for exploration, closing group 431 photos, 45 members
- Just Pirates 5,149 photos, 1,001 members
- I Love Pirates 2,309 photos, 334 members
- Bermuda is Another World 4,732 photos, 414 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 108,419 photos, 17,467 members
- Homebrew Beer 2,066 photos, 239 members
- Beer Box Art - The artwork of the beer box 66 photos, 5 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,778 photos, 650 members
- Pimp My Poster 102 photos, 647 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 7,201 photos, 598 members
- Avery Point 78 photos, 9 members
- the magnifying glass 1,797 photos, 110 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 101,001 photos, 17,040 members
- It came from the sea! 8,719 photos, 731 members
- Physics 5,269 photos, 2,013 members
- Shark Lovers 4,734 photos, 1,567 members
- Jellyfish!! 10,945 photos, 3,892 members
- Extinction Symbol 74 photos, 34 members
- Marine ID 1,247 photos, 223 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 72,056 photos, 2,928 members
- Macro Critters 19,371 photos, 852 members
- Underwater Macro 13,667 photos, 632 members
- Children of the Ocean 369 photos, 63 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 56,810 photos, 3,079 members
- Underwater Camouflage 1,062 photos, 81 members
- salt marsh 507 photos, 60 members
- Marshes, barrens and bogs 5,140 photos, 605 members
- iNaturalist 132 photos, 28 members
- Elkhorn Slough 234 photos, 58 members
- Monterey County And San Luis Obispo County California 3,363 photos, 58 members
- Monterey Diving 667 photos, 54 members
- Monterey Peninsula 10,702 photos, 965 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 9,615 photos, 1,754 members
- NASA Aviation 2,392 photos, 723 members
- Science In Action 805 photos, 138 members
- Science Nerd Depot 10,269 photos, 1,383 members
- One Week: Plastic Challenge 29 photos, 21 members
- Insects - Studio Stacks 1,162 photos, 329 members
- Op Sail 2012 47 photos, 7 members
- Semper Paratus -- The U.S. Coast Guard 5,629 photos, 780 members
- Fish - 3 a day! 27,862 photos, 5,345 members
- PLANET EARTH UNDERWATER 19,370 photos, 842 members
- Sea shanty singers worldwide 242 photos, 76 members
"I am his son, and he looks at nature, but at a close angle. We went on photography hunts and I remember him seeing the Osprey and by the time I got there he was already taking pictures. He was the person who encouraged me to become a photographer in the first place. I have had loads of fun photographing and most of it is thanks to him.
13th November, 2012
"Eric mixes scientific knowledge, love of nature and love of family and links them all together with his photographs. There is such warmth in what he does."
20th February, 2006
"A man of many talents, Eric, offers Flickr world a delightful stream of photographs. Nature, especially, birds are shown with expertise and concern in equal measures. Wonderful education for all of us.
But it is not just techniques and knowledge of the subject that are the highlights. It is his genial personality overflowing with concern for the world around us that is the hallmark of his stream. Keep shooting, Eric."
4th November, 2005
- Eric Heupel
- January 2005
- Fredericksburg, TX
- Mystic, CT, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Eclectic Echoes