More than anything, when it comes to photography, I am sad that Kodachrome's going away. That's my main message here.
- -seen through- street 858 photos, 143 members
- Nice Shoes... 697 photos, 98 members
- Nikon Nikonos 1,585 photos, 308 members
- Creative LF 286 photos, 26 members
- ILFORD DELTA 3200 Professional Black and White Film 11,189 photos, 2,314 members
- Sinar 1,874 photos, 378 members
- Ilford HP5 Plus 28,787 photos, 2,658 members
- Schneider Optics 5,614 photos, 401 members
- Schneider Kreuznach 5,400 photos, 467 members
- TMAX LOVERS 25,257 photos, 1,873 members
- Fuji Provia 100F (RDP III) 4,997 photos, 820 members
- 8x10 4,361 photos, 741 members
- Petzval Lens Photographs 2,529 photos, 518 members
- Large Format Color 3,015 photos, 382 members
- Film ... it's better. Act like it. 345 photos, 63 members
- graflex 10,632 photos, 1,575 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 51,527 photos, 5,194 members
- 5x7 1,115 photos, 175 members
- Large Format 56,295 photos, 9,291 members
- Handheld Large Format Camera 1,249 photos, 345 members
- . schwarzweiss . 2,000 photos, 251 members
- 4x5 25,611 photos, 3,085 members
- Narcissistic Slapheads with film cameras take self portraits 85 photos, 13 members
- Moonbeams Kiss the Sea (Film Only!) 1,810 photos, 813 members
- Leica Camera Holiday Card Photo Contest 248 photos, 626 members
- In Camera 88 photos, 278 members
- Form is a Verb 2,292 photos, 197 members
- physiognomy from heart 24,521 photos, 1,005 members
- Flickr Song Galleries 0 photos, 64 members
- Sunday Street Life 1,085 photos, 134 members
- Disponible 62 photos, 57 members
- Fuji GW 690 4,061 photos, 523 members
- Pinkhassov Appreciation 107 photos, 24 members
- Flickr members against free photos 390 photos, 199 members
- Handsome boy modeling skool. 2,106 photos, 245 members
- ILFORD PANF PLUS 50 2,841 photos, 585 members
- Mamiya 6 & 7 29,238 photos, 1,548 members
- hardcore tree photography 534 photos, 744 members
- \i-ˈməl-shən\ \i-ˈmō-shən\ 935 photos, 78 members
- Stalker 4,937 photos, 810 members
- 告別 映像 - Farewell Photography 225 photos, 328 members
- Tribute to Raymond Depardon 5,330 photos, 486 members
- Street 1000views+100faves 558 photos, 734 members
- color street (curatimus maximus) 4,898 photos, 2,005 members
- Xpan 19,032 photos, 3,111 members
- MONOCLE 1,312 photos, 178 members
- Street 250views+25 favorites 245 photos, 76 members
- Gasoline Dreams 492 photos, 248 members
- InOrbit New York 199 photos, 377 members
- The Showcase 293 photos, 112 members
"The first thing you’ll notice about Peter’s stream is his marvelous use of shadow and light. It is both deep and provocative. He takes no superficial glance at his subjects. He gets into them.
The second thing you’ll notice is his choice of shooting film over digital. This gives his images a subtle nuance that still hasn’t been captured in our megapixel world. The combination delivers a rich diverse glimpse of humanity from a heart that completely identifies with his subjects.
You owe it to yourself to take a walk through his stream; then do it again."
24th October, 2008
Spencer Goodall says:
"I would say he is hands down the best street photographer i've seen. His compositions, style, and ability to capture real life amazes me constantly. It is a joy every time i log into flickr and see new pictures in his photostream."
7th September, 2008
"Peter is for me one of the best street artist on flickr!! he got the eye to catch the perfect scene when he walk along his NY streets!! a great source of inspiration for all of us!!"
17th August, 2008
"From the moment I saw Peter's buddy icon, I knew that we would get along just fine.
His remarkable talents as a photographer, and the stunning tribute to his family and to NYC that is his stream are just an added bonus."
2nd July, 2008
"Peter's is a stream I find myself coming back to time and time again. He's masterful at what he does, his documentation of New York's streets is fresh and interesting, his use of colour and the way he handles light is pretty much genius. Release a book already dude!"
1st June, 2008
gonzalo oxenford says:
"Peter is a wonderful documentary photographer. It makes colors a pleasure to look at. I feel like watching Garry Winogrand images taken in 2008 with full color. And I love that."
1st April, 2008
Antonio Sorrentino says:
"one of the best street photographer on flickr. his kodachrome's work is a true example of mastering light and shadow. I can feel New York without being there. Inspiring."
27th February, 2008
John Goldsmith says:
"Peter's stream is filling up with so many good photographs -- and so quickly -- I'm pretty sure that it might soon burst at the seams. And I want to see it!"
10th February, 2008
""Beautiful and inspiring" - how I'd describe Peter's photos. A wonderful portrayal of one of the most exciting and dynamic cities in the world."
5th December, 2007
"Peter Eavis' shots are phenominal and genius. He utilizes space and shadows like no one else I have ever seen and is a great inspiration!! His flickr photos are certainly one of my most favorite to explore!"
30th November, 2007
Kris Kendrick says:
"I just love Peter's photos. I could look at them all day and wish I had taken them... he is so inspirational. And I want his Leica ;)"
10th July, 2007
"Peter captures all those moments in life that we never stop to look at. Every shot holds emotion and energy down to the smallest detail. I love em all!"
1st June, 2007
- Peter Eavis
- September 2005
- New York City
- New York City, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken