"I should really update my profile" - dr.Ozda
"Reason is about 17th on the list of the attributes that define us as a species." - David Milch
I'm not a Doctor.
The "O" is long.
“Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” ― H.G. Wells
There's no consistency here. One image doesn't necessarily connect to or flow to the next. My life isn't like that, neither is the photography.
I like old things, and metal junk, artifacts and language. I like decaying matter, organic and inorganic, and growing things (noun and verb) and Nature. I'm curious about stuff and I like to take pictures. Oh, and I love dogs.
I like the ephemeral and capturing things that are about to disappear. I like the mundane, things around us we see everyday, some I hate and some I love and some I take for granted. They'll all change so I like to take their picture. I like people too, in small doses. And dogs in small and large doses.
I like history and when we take photographs we make it.
This is just who I am today, this moment, like a photograph.
About Awards and Comments:
I really like comments but I'm not very fond of awards when they have big showy stickers, especially if they sparkle or move. If you want to give a photo an award, that's cool - I really appreciate it, but leave the overly large, spinning or blinking graphic off, or just make a nice or critical comment. Also, don't bother inviting me to award groups of the post one award so-many variety. Unless it's a Squirt award; I like Squirt awards.
P.S. Do not say "Congrats on Explore." That is the stupidest comment on Flickr and if you think about it it's offensive.
Have a look at my favorites from other Flickr members
Did I mention that I love dogs?
Flickr member since December 17, 2007.
I'm Something I'm not sure what, or perhaps I'm Other, I just don't know.
Just don't steal it.
I am owned by and at least partially managed by the dogs of BeingThere Kennel.
- Best of Winter Wonderland 535 photos, 83 members
- Instant Film 55,418 photos, 2,675 members
- The WOW Effect 424 photos, 26 members
- Black and White Tales 488 photos, 37 members
- Focus is overrated - defocus! 5,183 photos, 2,160 members
- unfocused, 267 photos, 55 members
- Pola Dogs 1,692 photos, 332 members
- Arrow Signs 8,505 photos, 548 members
- Bulb Signs (vintage) 1,871 photos, 197 members
- Aperture Tremont 2,349 photos, 97 members
- Lundi, jour de lessive / Wash on Monday 422 photos, 58 members
- Metropolitan [by Nash, by Hudson, by AMC, by Austin) 541 photos, 109 members
- Parkology 3,459 photos, 167 members
- Vintage Travel Trailers 5,304 photos, 730 members
- Northwest Elements 18,992 photos, 472 members
- TtVeeptych 2,563 photos, 229 members
- *polaroid girl 26,708 photos, 1,955 members
- Perfect Imperfections on FILM 5,556 photos, 267 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 3,072 photos, 1,021 members
- CenturioneRomano 241 photos, 11 members
- T-Shirts 17,663 photos, 5,037 members
- BEER 66,072 photos, 9,493 members
- darkwood67 applied 1,313 photos, 172 members
- Impossible PX/PZ CP Film 3,446 photos, 157 members
- Faux Vintage 124,753 photos, 9,851 members
- Dumpster Art 317 photos, 91 members
- dumpster love ™ 1,652 photos, 163 members
- Social Landscapes - Unpopulated 17,051 photos, 471 members
- Polaroid SX 70 100,144 photos, 11,486 members
- Victoria, BC 26,371 photos, 1,619 members
- Pepperland 26 photos, 7 members
- Furry and Fabulous dogs 2,315 photos, 136 members
- Image Gallery / B&W !!! 151,757 photos, 3,872 members
- dream forest 5,923 photos, 416 members
- Are you dreaming my memory ? 17,801 photos, 459 members
- A Sense of Place 16,022 photos, 381 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 67,528 photos, 2,560 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 25,302 photos, 2,425 members
- CCC Architecture 1,266 photos, 119 members
- Old Dogs 7,514 photos, 1,113 members
- The new Caffenol Home and Other fun of Alchemy 5,239 photos, 521 members
- Best of Kodachrome & Ektachrome. 2,342 photos, 162 members
- Kodachrome 30,913 photos, 2,227 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,153 photos, 404 members
- Freelensing 8,168 photos, 3,208 members
- Pacific Northwest 282,410 photos, 7,700 members
- * gallmese's b&w gallery * 19,256 photos, 2,689 members
- SCANNIGRAPHIES 1,436 photos, 107 members
- Urban Americana 32,901 photos, 1,004 members
- Contemporary Landscape 130,853 photos, 4,133 members
"I can honestly say it is the only stream that I visit that I never know what I am going to find that day... you always keep me on my toes!!!! A very interesting eye you have and I am so glad that you share it with the rest of us to see. I love photography for the fact that it makes us see the world rather than just look at it. Of course I was first drawn to your stream from the mutual love of dogs and you are so blessed to have such an amazing pack. I envy you when I see the photos of you running the dogs as that is something that I definitely want to at least do once before I die... I look forward to many more years of friendship!!!"
24th December, 2012
pam's pics- says:
"I should have written this a long time ago. Dr Ozda has been one of my long time contacts. I look forward to his shots every single day. His images are always really offbeat and creative and so interesting. I appreciate that he shares his daily life with us through his wonderful images. I'm learning to know each and every one of his dogs and their personalities. Dr Ozad is just full of passion for photography and for his dogs and for his life.
I am blessed to count him as one of my long time contacts."
16th December, 2011
Lori - Learning Junkie says:
"Robert's photography is offbeat, thought-provoking, sometimes deviant, occasionally edgy and always entertaining. His view of the world is refreshing and unique. The photos of his beloved dogs will melt your heart and keep you coming back for more. Robert is brilliant man with a heart of gold and a treasured friend. I am grateful we stumbled across each other on flickr."
21st October, 2010
"Robert has the finest dog photos on Flickr. Many of his other photos are terrific, also. But, the canine variety is second to none. I don't know why anyone would move from Cleveland to Alaska, but I suppose it had to do with being able to have more room for dogs and to go mushing."
15th July, 2009
"Sometimes the grin stays on my face long after visiting dr.Ozda's photos. The gift he shares with so many of us is priceless. His unique eye and talents are a breath of fresh air, especially through challenging times and uncertainties.
Most photo streams I view, I like this & that, some more so than others and the rest seem fairly nice but... every photo I've seen from dr.Ozda makes me sit up and take notice, often shaking my head at the originality and the moods they emote in me.
I wish I lived a little closer to his world but am content to be on the sidelines as an avid admirer."
14th February, 2009
Lost in the Hills says:
"Robert is a rare breed, he has the innate ability to see amazing photographs where I would not even give a second glance. I constantly look at his work and revel at the skill and perception. I hope to l look at the world around me better and with a more focused eye, based on what I see in his photographs.
Robert is also a storyteller and a good one. His shots are almost always accompanied by a narrative that is both concise and complete. I fell like I have learned something reading his observations. He tells these stories with a gentle good humor.
Lastly, Robert and I grew up in the same neighborhood but never met until Flickr. He's a hoot and has a sharp sense of humor.
Look at his photostream and read his stories. Jack London would have approved."
3rd November, 2008
Backroad Drifter says:
"Ozda is not only a great photographer, he's someone who actually takes time to visit and talk when a picture catch's his attention.He's down to earth and real.. Visiting the pictures he has faved shows he not only can take good pictures.He has a eye for interesting shots. He truly looks at peoples work..
What drew me to him though is where he is from...Alaska..Who wouldn't love that state? I want to see his world..
Ozda is one of my favorite contacts.."
13th June, 2008
"Robert is a contact that just happened into my view. I'm not sure how, but I came across one of his dog photos somewhere, and was stunned by it's purity and composition. Don't be fooled... Robert has the knack. Go through his stream and visit Alaska and the things he sees. It's good stuff! As a bonus, he's a pretty nice guy too. :-)"
22nd March, 2008
- Robert Drozda
- December 2007
- Originally Cleveland, Ohio
- Fairbanks, Alaska, North
- I am:
- Dogs; okay, pre-Occupation
- dr.Ozda on Fluidr