How to uncloud your vision? Look through the lens
I like the poetic side of photography and record try the simple events of my life hopefully with some aesthetic sense.
I admire the simplicity of mechanical cameras as much as I enjoy using them. I hate automation in anything. So some camera porn might show up in my stream occasionally. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do.
Don't add me if you have no pictures. I will block you.
Say hi ;)
Photos of DoveVadar (6)
- Fujinon Lenses 663 photos, 31 members
- Special Jubilee Book Project: Call for Self-Portraits with Leica 252 photos, 599 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,168 photos, 3,339 members
- FLICKR B&W 281,230 photos, 7,133 members
- Singapore Analog Portrait 46 photos, 4 members
- Rangefinders in the Little Red Dot (Singapore) - RFSG 4,122 photos, 278 members
- Leica film & digital 37,590 photos, 544 members
- FASHION FOR ALL 8,447 photos, 1,292 members
- Noctilux F1.0 Photographs 23,141 photos, 1,958 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 594,819 photos, 46,986 members
- Life through a rangefinder 5,810 photos, 95 members
- -The Cafe- 622,781 photos, 23,351 members
- Pepper Image 2,480 photos, 122 members
- EXPLORE TURKEY ( Lütfen AÇIKLAMA'yı okuyunuz...!!! ) 28,193 photos, 2,466 members
- Film Forward! 62,964 photos, 1,686 members
- Fotografia analogica - Italia 142,851 photos, 7,003 members
- Utata 410,366 photos, 23,349 members
- PAESAGGIO D'ARTE IN BW e SEPPIA (post 1 - Comment 1) 3,301 photos, 806 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 71,768 photos, 4,263 members
- Black & white - Poetic streetshots 62,831 photos, 1,679 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 301,869 photos, 31,302 members
- Portraiture 654,178 photos, 26,058 members
- This is why I love Film 124,427 photos, 4,857 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 247,645 photos, 20,945 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 934,787 photos, 47,471 members
- Landscape 816,627 photos, 74,572 members
- * Natures Beauties ~ [ONLY 100% NATURE] NO PEOPLE ~ NO BUILDINGS 485,835 photos, 22,796 members
- Stalker 4,919 photos, 811 members
- Contax 645 User Group 9,820 photos, 1,146 members
- Every day is Happy Bokeh Day ! 180,342 photos, 13,211 members
- 24/7 Bokeh Life "We have four winners!!!" 63,974 photos, 4,407 members
- M-Hexanon 50mm Limited 331 photos, 59 members
- 6x6 -B&W- *120Film ONLY* NOT toycamera, pinhole & polaroid 91,514 photos, 5,474 members
- L'arte quadrata [ square artists ] 11,439 photos, 737 members
- Nature 1,414,645 photos, 50,067 members
- TRAVELPIX 141,459 photos, 3,383 members
- visit the world - the travel guide 1,914,577 photos, 48,252 members
- Travel Photography 2,090,677 photos, 83,327 members
- Flickr's Warm Lighting (Post 1- Comment on 2) 35,735 photos, 3,479 members
- Canon 50mm f/0.95 "Dream Lens" 2,745 photos, 1,198 members
- silhouette 297,653 photos, 41,154 members
- Japan photos 217,231 photos, 4,165 members
- Tokyo Images 187,567 photos, 5,959 members
- JAPAN-IN-BW (Black-and-White) 36,455 photos, 1,240 members
- flickr Japan 743,236 photos, 16,193 members
- TOKYO INSIDE 東京インサイド 69,701 photos, 2,416 members
- B&W 3,301,340 photos, 162,686 members
- Film SG 1,619 photos, 66 members
- "Black Bird Fly" camera and photos 10,145 photos, 1,438 members
- blackbird,fly 7,005 photos, 798 members
anthony samaniego says:
"A lot of people ask me who my favorite photographer is. I always answer," I dunno." I never do know...shit, I don't pay attention to photographers nor do I know of any "big time" photographers. Nor do I really care, but DoveVadar.....He's definitely the best photographer I've come across. Not only the best, but the most inspiring. Subtle, but so meaningful. His work has pushed me and inspired me into the photographer that I am today...on the fuckin real. No joke."
5th February, 2011
"Francis Stream was found via a Flickriver search for Hasselblad Images (by Interestingsness) as I had rented a 503 for a few days in New York and was seeking flickr inspiration. More than one photo of his stream draw my eye, so I went over to check his photos.
This man is capable of making some outstanding pictures of models (fashion), Street and Architetcure. His use of Rangefinders and SLRs is special, even some of his stillife shots are really awesome.
His willingness to share the relevant technichal information about the photos (EXIF for analog shots has to be entered by hand in the flickr system), as well as his likes about filmtypes and lenses / bodies is generous. The connection between his photos and the given info really works well for me, e.g. I bought a few rolls of some the filmtypes he uses to see the results they can achieve with my style of photography (Provia 400X for a 2 stop push, and the Formapan 400 Action with 1 stop pull and push, all will be dev. in one tank without special adaptions to the push / pull).
The travelsets he made are also full of several strong shots. The fact that I have traveled three of his destinations (Munich, Venice and Prague) last year, also shooting film rangefinders (35mm and 120), made me appreciate his photos even more as I know some of the places he shot and some of their photographic potential.
I can only say thank you to Francis for sharing his work, taking the time to enrich his photos with relevant infos and hope that he is willing to keep this good flickr stream going !
Francis, should you ever make it to Germany again, you are invited for a good beer :-)
Greetings from TriBeCa / New York,
Carsten aka topfloor"
21st January, 2011
Kenneth Edwards says:
"I came across his stream one day when I was thinking about entering the world of film photography. His work inspired me to shoot medium format film, and eventually to purchase my Hasselblad which he said "would be my true work horse" and he couldn't have been more right.
Since I purchased my Hasselblad in January I've shot over 100 rolls of film with it.
Simply taking a quick glance at his photos and the beauty he captures through the lens and you'll see why he is an amazing photographer.
18th October, 2010
"Greetings from London - lovely stream. Your pix is what good photography is all about...simplicity, timeliness and elegance. Well done."
22nd September, 2010
Janon Geng says:
"His work is amazing."
4th July, 2010
"Absolutely smashing stuff!
Great feel and control of available lighting
Keep up the great work, always looking forward to view your works :)"
31st January, 2010
"Mention Leica or Medium Format to him and he'll perk up his ears. Mention bokeh and he salivates. His shots are exquisite.
A photographer's photographer."
7th October, 2009
Jiang D 蔣世基 says:
"very talented photog, I always enjoy his work, especially his night shot..."
25th August, 2009
"One of my favorite photostreams, such beautiful colors."
17th August, 2009
if perfection is just the word for his photos but its more than that.
hope to shoot with you the master of bokeh someday"
27th June, 2009
- Francis Tan
- September 2007
- Singapore, Singapore
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Creative Director, O2 Interactive Pte Ltd