Doug is an award winning self taught fine art photographer based in the UK
He recently had an image commended and placed as a ‘Judges Choice’ in the Internationally renowned “Landscape Photographer of the Year 2010” competition. His image is featured in the AA Publications Book which accompanies the competition and it will form part of the exhibition at the prestigious National Theatre in London over the winter of 2010/11.
Represented by Getty and Fotoviva as well as the Pacific Arts Group in the USA, his images are owned by individuals and companies world-wide. His customers include The National Trust for Scotland, Arla, Yahoo!, AMV BBDO, MeepMeep Creative, W H Smith, the NHS and The Woodland Trust.
He lectures on photography at Leeds College of Art to Photography BA Degree students.
He has appeared on BBC Radio discussing photography and his images and articles have been published in magazines such as Outdoor Photography, Photography Monthly & Digiphoto Pro. His images have also featured in ITV’s ’60 Minute Makeover’ Programme. He has been shortlisted for Landscape Photographer of the Year in 2009.
Doug believes in sharing knowledge and as such devotes much time to teaching workshops, podcasting and blogging.
He is available for commissions, public speaking and writing. Prints of his images are available to buy. Please email him to be added to his mailing list.
You can also follow him on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, iTunes Podcast and Blogger.
Photos of dougchinnery.com (9)
- Blurred Boundaries 1,391 photos, 110 members
- Micro Landscape 517 photos, 47 members
- Flickr Nottingham Exhibition - Connected 16 photos, 122 members
- Nottingham, UK 44,846 photos, 1,970 members
- Zero Image 18,816 photos, 1,310 members
- B&W Landscapes 7,815 photos, 822 members
- LPOTY Rejects 174 photos, 71 members
- 6x6 magic 313,335 photos, 9,368 members
- Toy Cameras 297,058 photos, 22,457 members
- Medium Format (film only) 674,728 photos, 26,413 members
- Holga 250,007 photos, 19,390 members
- Holga Mon Amour 71,744 photos, 4,678 members
- Camera Work -Contemporary Pictorialism- 16,510 photos, 1,279 members
- ILFORD Imaging monthly website competition 5,599 photos, 1,320 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 292,607 photos, 15,831 members
- Intimate Landscapes 3,305 photos, 367 members
- 6x6 Landscapes & Cityscapes On Film 4,104 photos, 299 members
- LEE Filters 28,824 photos, 2,669 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 641 members
- B+W Long Exposure Fine Art - 50+ Faves 804 photos, 309 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - 26.000+ great pictures! 25,804 photos, 2,820 members
- Mono Waterscapes (Special Invitation) 933 photos, 141 members
- The Candid Frame 13,333 photos, 541 members
- theprintspace 35,333 photos, 2,411 members
- PAG Submissions 96 photos, 1 member
- Still Life Photography Selection (please read pool description) 8,628 photos, 11,511 members
- The Texture Garden 10,250 photos, 949 members
- Florabella Textures & Actions 39,234 photos, 5,419 members
- The Art of Landscape Composition, UK 502 photos, 122 members
- Fotoviva Art Prints 1,224 photos, 13 members
- *ABW* Gallery ~ by invitation only 1,079 photos, 1,402 members
- Natural Landscapes 17,395 photos, 3,393 members
- Landscape Exhibition 24,324 photos, 9,934 members
- Butty Wagons & Snack Shacks 75 photos, 12 members
- Community Friend - the best of Yorks/Lincs/Derbys/Notts 39,574 photos, 574 members
"I first discovered Doug's workshops back in August of 2010. Since then I've been on several workshops and had a couple of one to one sessions. The most recent being a workflow on how Doug edits and prints his images ~ I learned a lot in a short space of time. I was amazed at how easy Doug can sharpen images!
On each occasion Doug is willing to fully impart his knowledge whereas I'm sure some others would hide the tricks of the trade. He is a great teacher, his approach is calm and never condescending. I would recommend Doug to anyone wanting to gain more out of their landscape photography or indeed photography in general. His workshops are very reasonably priced and he will take you to some great locations."
16th February, 2011
Carl Mick says:
"I have been studying photography under Doug's guidance for about 18months now.
Not only is he a good friend but a fantastic photographer his workshops are highly sort after and compared to most out there are the most reasonably priced you will find.
If you want to learn how to get more out of your camera and have images you will want to put on your wall he's your man and will help with cameras from happy snappy all the way to the professional DSLR's.
although i had an interest in photography some years ago, in the days of 35mm film and am disabled, he has brought out the best in my photographic skills and inspired me to do even better.
I would just like to say a big thank you and i am sure that all those attending your workshops would say the same.
8th May, 2010
Rob Ferrol says:
"Having experienced one of Doug's Lanscape workshops I quickly booked on another. His no fuss and no jargon approach makes for a great day and puts you at ease as he passes on his thorough knowledge, helping you rapidly improve your photography.
His portfolio on Flickr is testament to his photographic ability.
15th March, 2010
"Travel the country on flickr with Doug, and you will see a passion for light, nature and the seasons that is unrivaled across this site.. his technical ability is equal only to his ability to convey the mood of the places he shoots, the warmth and generosity of his advice and feedback is reflected in his love for what he does..."
18th February, 2009
"I am a student of Doug and find his attention to the art refreshing,and since I started taking photographs I can see a great improvement in my shots
I will continue to be trained by Doug and will never stop learning,so thanks mate.
If anyone out there wants a one to one Doug is the man,but dont wait too long."
23rd January, 2009
"Doug's images are very professional and if you're lucky enough to have him as a contact his comments and advice demonstrate he has a very good knowledge of the photographic art. All his subjects are treated with the same care and attention to detail resulting in striking images. Thanks for being a contact Doug."
17th July, 2008
"I am an ardent admirer of Doug’s photography. His images are sometimes moody and mysterious, but they draw you in and hold you until you’ve examined every nook and cranny. His ability to extract such nuanced color and detail from the darkness is simply amazing. From the smallest detail in a single flower to the sweeping landscape, his images are captured with a knowing eye and transformed by a true artist.
I am very glad I discovered Doug’s work early in my Flickr experience and I look forward with great anticipation to every new image he adds. Congratulations, Doug, for assembling what is already an astonishingly beautiful collection of work. I hope you will continue to share both your photography and your insightful comments with the rest of us in the Flickr community for a long time to come."
20th March, 2008
- Doug Chinnery
- May 2006
- Worksop, Nottinghamshire
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Doug Chinnery Photography