Peter Asprey - Sat on trig point on Berneray Scotland (Sound of Harris behind)
Tall - helps with taking pix of dolphins above the crowd. Got round to starting to uploading my geotagged photographs. 99.99% of which are as taken. Have a look here for my geotagged map of Scotland.
You'll find photographs of dolphins, cows and landscapes from all around the UK. From the far north of Scotland, to the far south west of England and many places between. Most photographs are geotagged (on the flickr map) so you can find the place (and make a better job of taking photographs of it than I did)...
Please browse through my sets and leave comments on photographs you like.
Browse my collections here.
FAQ - Some Frequently Asked Questions....
Why so many images?
I've uploaded many geotagged images so others can find the locations, and make a better job of photographing the location. They also form part of the journey, and provide background or location support to the good photographs. They are best viewed as either slide show or as part of the set they are in.
Making sence of my file names,
For film and slide scans, example,
Month 09 (September)
sm = Slide medium (neg or roll also used)
f015 = film roll processing reference
0036 = film frame
For digital images using Sony Mavica
As slides but film roll reference is always MVC and 176F, is the sequence number, the F indicates Fine mode.
For digital images using my Nikon
Month 05 (may)
nX = where X is simply which camera was used.
1004 - frame sequence number from camera.
Any filename ending in -r has been reprocessed either as a batch or by photoshop, either to rebalance colour, or other unwanted feature. Often as a large batch of files, for example where sensor dust has been removed from 100's of frames by software as a batch.
Note for slide and film scans, unless otherwise noted, the date is the scanning date.
Why are some frames in a sequence missing?
I've not uploaded my entire collection for the following reasons.
* Many images contain people or cars etc, most of my images are time date and geotagged, and in the UK this would run into problems with privacy law.
* It was out of focus.
* Camera fault.
* It was a very very bad photo.
I've been using a GPS to record the locations of most of my photographs since 1996. For most of the images, this has ment setting the camera date and time to GPS date and time and then matching the GPS track log or waypoint log back to the images. This works for both film and digital cameras where the date and time are recorded either next to the image on the film frame or in the image file. This of course relies on the GPS being near the camera and giving a good reading. I've tried to correct batches where I know of large faults between photograph location and real location, but there may be a few images not near enough.. Please let me know of any location errors.
Found an Interesting Photograph in my collection?
Feel free to ask more about how and where it was taken.
DIY Wildlife camera trap info here, www.flickr.com/photos/dolphinpix/sets/72157623767155925/
Photos of dolphinpix (2)
- Bits of cow shots! 333 photos, 57 members
- Project Weather 106,498 photos, 31,388 members
- Horses, Horses, and More Horses 21,735 photos, 3,027 members
- Horse Lovers Group 21,253 photos, 3,014 members
- UK Wildlife Trusts 27,951 photos, 1,037 members
- Cattle 1,767 photos, 276 members
- Dairy Farming 1,683 photos, 154 members
- Cowtography 725 photos, 131 members
- Vaches / Cows / Kühe 3,311 photos, 538 members
- Bovine Curiosity 266 photos, 68 members
- British Wildlife 168,119 photos, 3,038 members
- British Mammals 14,444 photos, 565 members
- British Wildlife and Nature 37,483 photos, 587 members
- Countryfile 228,503 photos, 3,646 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,460 members
- The Uists & Benbecula 3,995 photos, 170 members
- Berneray pictures 537 photos, 20 members
- Alton Towers Resort 16 photos, 15 members
- Koe 1,803 photos, 260 members
- Down the Beach 633 photos, 50 members
- haai (sharks) 566 photos, 58 members
- Pets Are Just Some Of The Joys In Life 1,702 photos, 95 members
- Planet HORSE 18,094 photos, 2,141 members
- Barra & Surrounding Islands 1,862 photos, 73 members
- Salt marshes & green beaches of Europe 2,104 photos, 99 members
- Bulls (Only Bulls and Lonely Bulls) 742 photos, 225 members
- Vacas Fofas! (Post 1 Award 1) 1,091 photos, 322 members
- Whale Watching 6,686 photos, 686 members
- Cattle Portraits 1,494 photos, 207 members
- Cherished Moments * 968 photos, 124 members
- The handmade COw 182 photos, 29 members
- Holy cow! 1,954 photos, 385 members
- Cows & Bulls 168 photos, 20 members
- Black Isle - Scotland 2,369 photos, 118 members
- GeoTagging Flickr 106,764 photos, 6,739 members
- Animal Reproduction 295 photos, 181 members
- Farm Animal Welfare 420 photos, 87 members
- BBC Breathing Places 5,974 photos, 564 members
- Maximum Wildlife...P1 A3 5,748 photos, 491 members
- Ullapool, Lochbroom and Coigach 4,350 photos, 366 members
- OpenStreetMap 1,124 photos, 134 members
- Highland Wildlife Park 1,908 photos, 164 members
- Animal Anatomy 1,798 photos, 202 members
- Marine Mammals 22,162 photos, 2,538 members
- DOLPHINS 3,707 photos, 822 members
- Pigs 8,355 photos, 2,463 members
- Flickr Farm 21,972 photos, 1,585 members
- Pigs are cool. 711 photos, 200 members
- dairy cows 3,163 photos, 199 members
- Cows & Vacas 7,210 photos, 1,550 members
dolphinpix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Peter Asprey
- December 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Systems Engineer
- Peter Asprey