Dylan Toh's photostream Pro User
These photos are largely by me but many are also taken by my wife and partner in photography Marianne Lim. She runs our smugmug and blog sites which are listed below.
Over the last few years, we have had the pleasure of travelling the world to bask in just a fraction of its remaining beauty. There is more travelling yet to come as we have yet to visit so many places on our 'bucket list' but for now, we have focused our main attention on our beautiful bub Charlotte.
2011 has been a good year for us photographically.
In March, we were featured on the cover of Australian Photography magazine and had a feature article on travel in Iceland. Similarly in October we had another cover and an article on Northern Tasmania. The major publishing feat came in December , when , along with 11 other photographers, we had our own publication : Tasmania, a visual journey. Though it is a fabulous book, it is still a tough sell in South Australia and time will tell if I break even on this venture. In terms of travel, we managed to squeeze in 10 days in Tasmania while Marianne was 6 months pregnant and then an extended long weekend in Victoria a month later.
Next year, we hope to visit New Zealand's south island in autumn and possibly another location toward the end of the year which we have yet to determine. If family planning is successful, travel plans may yet again be limited in 2013 but who knows!
I am forever thankful to anyone who views, comments or marks any of my images as a favourite. A large part of photography still remains 'sharing' or you might even say 'showing off' parts of the world you either won't get to, or parts of the world you know but which I like to present in a different manner to the naked eye.
Bring on 2012!
Photos of Dylan Toh (7)
- FOCUS - (Australia - Seascape & Landscape Photography) 16,292 photos, 641 members
- Photography Masterclass Magazine Official Flickr Group 267 photos, 67 members
- 52Week 870 photos, 97 members
- South Australian Seascapes and Shorelines 330 photos, 42 members
- That's a great landscape ! 567 photos, 59 members
- 3:1 Panos Australia 128 photos, 40 members
- Eyre Peninsula South Australia 2,874 photos, 100 members
- ☆The Power Of Now ☆ 17,487 photos, 1,172 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 19,655 photos, 2,075 members
- New Zealand Geographic 40,354 photos, 2,133 members
- New Zealand 104,526 photos, 3,760 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 127,552 photos, 6,320 members
- Croporamas 701 photos, 275 members
- Landscape Masterclass 1,522 photos, 400 members
- Gorge Wildlife Park 99 photos, 24 members
- Hinduism in Nepal 995 photos, 203 members
- YOUR photography, at it's BEST ! ! ! 1,287 photos, 73 members
- The Pantheon of Landscape 4,156 photos, 539 members
- Tasmania Australia 10,055 photos, 442 members
- Scotland's castles 16,565 photos, 2,571 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,310 photos, 2,038 members
- Trekking in iceland 339 photos, 9 members
- Australian Photoholics - ( www.ausph.com ) 23,345 photos, 383 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 19,275 photos, 23,590 members
- Capturing the Light - Exploring the World 2,044 photos, 122 members
- Wedding photographer in the world 45,741 photos, 5,922 members
- Isle of Skye 13,707 photos, 1,660 members
- Australian Geographic 7,088 photos, 596 members
- SCOTLAND'S LANDSCAPES 84,747 photos, 5,052 members
- Scotland 363,936 photos, 14,176 members
- Himalayas 25,817 photos, 1,574 members
- Fossar á Íslandi 501 photos, 77 members
- Waterfalls N Rivers on Iceland 1,437 photos, 355 members
- China nature photography 3,337 photos, 187 members
- Sólfar: The Sun Voyager 391 photos, 203 members
- Monochrome ~ (p1/c1) 27,371 photos, 1,193 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,495 photos, 3,838 members
- Dreams Come True (Award on 3) 94,730 photos, 9,152 members
- Australian Canon Users 1,831 photos, 44 members
- The Lightroom 8,630 photos, 597 members
- Time-lapse Video's 1,602 photos, 551 members
- Landscape Photographs (ADMIN INVITE only) Post 1 / Award 1 28,489 photos, 3,678 members
- Wonderful Asia, P1 C1 ( May 13 - NEW GALLERY ) 25,537 photos, 948 members
- Landscape,Seascape,Skyscape QUALITY Photography! Post 1 Award 3 48,016 photos, 4,270 members
- Great Autumn / Fall nature shots 575 photos, 577 members
- UNESCO - MAB Biosphere Reserves (photo guide) 17,048 photos, 1,610 members
- We Love China 36,352 photos, 1,849 members
- China Uncut and Unrated 40,260 photos, 2,274 members
- YunNan Image 云南映像 5,456 photos, 304 members
- Chinese landscape 1,651 photos, 58 members
Adam Randell says:
"On joining flickr some 21/2 years ago Dylan's images were some of the first I viewed, his crisp clean compositions of Tasmanian landscapes & stong sunrise & sunset seascape colours inspired me to make more regular trips to the coast.
Since then I have seen Dylan & Marianne's work grace the pages & covers of Australian Photography(showing locals this guy is a contact of mine on flickr), viewed images from their trips to Iceland & Scottland & a more amazing collection than his earlier trip to Tasmania( he must have ordered the weather).
Dylan's words of encouragement have lifted me from points of what seemed like photographers block & sent me back out in search of natures beauty.
I wish him & Marianne well in their photographic goals & all the best in parenthood later this year.
Do yourself a favour & spend some time looking around his photostream & watch out for the name Dylan Toh for many years to come in the world of photography."
8th July, 2011
Eugene's Likeness says:
"Dylan's (and Marianne's) stream is just full of "awe" images or WOW factor. It's always full of colour, drama and story that tells wonders. Their work is world class.
Your work is such an inspiration to me. I do hope you continue to capture moments in time that we will continue to cherish."
22nd February, 2011
Pino Carrola ® says:
"This stream is breathtaking..."
29th September, 2010
"Well have been exchanging photos and ideas with Dylan for over a year now.
Just look at his images!! Gorgeous, expansive, and larger than life landscapes are just a few of the works to count on within his stream. A random sample and case in point is found in one of his older works in "Sentinels": www.flickr.com/ph... !!
A true professional with the small details included within his processing of EVERY photo he has ever posted. You can always expect quality within his posts, and answers to your questions.
Do not hesitate to ad Dylan as a contact of yours, the sharing of ideas and photos is what you are to expect as well as a good friendship.
Just Look @ his Photos!!
Thanks for reading,
9th February, 2010
Raymond Larose says:
"Dylan is an amazing, all around photographer. Since I began following Dylan, I have been hugely inspired by his shots and he has encouraged me to improve my own style. He pulls out amazing clarity and tones in each and every image, often photographing from angles the average person wouldn't even notice - and the shots are always breath-taking. Dylan is a superb photographer who's stream should not be missed."
29th January, 2010
Kenny Teo (zoompict) says:
"Speaking of Dylan Toh n my very first Testimonial written to someone in flickr.....
An amazing friend on flickr's,DYLAN TOH, found this rare sparkling jewel on one occassion during a flickr search. His shot immediately caught my attention n hold my breath , i was thinking what a hell a man would do so much for his hobby in photography or is he an adventure national geographic guy that die for his photography work.??
looking at his stream you could feel ,understand his great passsion n his speciall skill exihibited in each individual shot executed to creat the natural, highly balance close to earth reality shot dedicated by Dylan.
The first ever strongest impression that remain in my vivid memory 6 month ago was the shot taken at tibet-series with the "monk" was so touching n clean to descript his dedication to share to viewers around the world.
Dylan is a damn helpfull n supportive guys u should never miss out.
it is obvious his potential in photography skill is deem as highly as any great photographer out there, being humble as usual as asian originality. Dylan could make a history in his coming photography endeavour n i do expect to see his big name DYLAN in coming future in any media.
Dylan, you are my statement in photography, you are also include as a friend in my life.
Go for it! GAMBATTE NE!"
16th April, 2009
- Dylan Toh
- July 2007
- Adelaide, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Everlook photography