welcome and thanks for stopping by...
since i have become addicted to flickr, i have had the honor of meeting (virtually and in-person) so many wonderful, creative people. there has also been such a warm welcome for my shared photos and i am astounded by the response everytime i post a photo here. thank you for visiting and sharing your thoughts!
see these people over here? ------------------------->
each one of them are absolutely amazing photographers, i am honored (and often blown away) by their words, work and thoughts because each one of them is so very talented. (please take a moment to check out their streams, too! they are amazing)
anyhow, there are so many photos in my stream and there is no rhyme or reason to the order of it. the best way to get started is following a link below that interests you.
(thank you so much for your support in these photos, over 300 of them!)
Become a fan of my photography on Facebook today!
my top 30 most interesting photos (according to the flickr gods, although i don't always agree!)
my photos by sets:
- best of 2005
- best of 2006
- best of 2007
- top favorites
- square format
- my atlanta
- more sets
my photos by most popular tags:
- all tags
again, thanks for stopping by and i hope you enjoy them.
Photos of D.James | Darren J. Ryan (1)
- #Sochi2014 1,706 photos, 902 members
- Abstract Reality 111,153 photos, 5,294 members
- We Are Juxt: Windows Phone Experience (Photography) 4,530 photos, 243 members
- Engineering as Art *** WELCOME! OVER 60,000 PICS!! *** 57,959 photos, 3,397 members
- retail&design and experience 654 photos, 139 members
- College Football 10,346 photos, 1,115 members
- SEC Sporty 1,331 photos, 95 members
- Facades (without perspective: 2D effect) 6,453 photos, 674 members
- Boston Architecture 6,086 photos, 239 members
- City Skylines (Buildings,Cities) 206,308 photos, 13,154 members
- Boston, Massachusetts 43,856 photos, 4,717 members
- Discover Atlanta 1,899 photos, 116 members
- Las Vegas 101,326 photos, 7,442 members
- BlogWorld & New Media Expo 1,767 photos, 44 members
- Pittsburgh PA Showcase 853 photos, 350 members
- Pittsburgh Buildings 1,529 photos, 122 members
- Pittsburgh Architecture 273 photos, 23 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 152,895 photos, 16,848 members
- Weird Georgia 1,547 photos, 232 members
- Fine Design 1,757 photos, 380 members
- Butterfly Gallery - P1 C1 Voting OPEN 118,207 photos, 14,637 members
- Swallowtail Butterflies (ONLY Swallowtails, PLEASE!!!) 5,861 photos, 1,337 members
- twitter 2,735 photos, 221 members
- Twitterazzi 87 photos, 142 members
- The City as the subject 4,391 photos, 211 members
- Charlotte 15,830 photos, 1,025 members
- Flickr´s Most Wanted Models 17,059 photos, 2,473 members
- Co-Horts: Horticulture Magazine's Photo Pool 157 photos, 53 members
- Super Eco (please tag: SuperEco) 4,116 photos, 505 members
- Be|Different - www.bedifferent.it 14,815 photos, 799 members
- Visual Candies 12,429 photos, 1,047 members
- Colors Around the World 1,207 photos, 167 members
- Pay It Forward: Portraits of Other Photographers 33 photos, 90 members
- Golden Lens Award 2,868 photos, 440 members
- Channelbeta, Information Channel on Contemporary Architecture 1,569 photos, 370 members
- The Celebration of Life ☆ Fun People Portraits 11,000 PICS + 10,439 photos, 1,196 members
- V.I.P - Very Important PHOTOS 106,931 photos, 6,745 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 475 photos, 1,095 members
- .Southern Photographers - Southern Images 120,530 photos, 2,109 members
- *Flickr's BEST* - SERIOUS Photographers - Post 1/Comment 3 164,268 photos, 5,863 members
- The REAL Attention Whores 859 photos, 348 members
- Barack Olantern 62 photos, 34 members
- YesWeCarve.com 63 photos, 44 members
- Obama '08 5,937 photos, 1,066 members
- Barack Obama Photos 15,377 photos, 3,297 members
- SUNSET VIEW 8,463 photos, 1,083 members
- GalleryOne 35 photos, 47 members
- Zen Photography * 830 photos, 165 members
- This Week in Photo 219,406 photos, 12,624 members
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 8,588 photos, 378 members
Oly Guy says:
"I've been blown away by his photography and his collections display some of the best compositions I've ever seen. Depth of colour, texture and overall composition is exceptional."
10th December, 2012
"Darren is a mogul of form and colour. His compositions are crisp, his cropline clean and line-of-sight poignant. His ability to create art out of mere corners of architecture is astounding. View and learn.
Author of 25 Lessons I’ve Learned about Photography,
the #1 Photo Essay and Artist Biography on Amazon.com for 2010!
3rd November, 2010
The most beautiful life says:
"Darren is one of my favorite photographers on flickr, I love his eye to capture the essence of any ordinary object. He's work is an inspiration for me, I would never compare myself to such an artist, but some of my latest work is based on his techniques of seeing with a different perspective in life.
And here is proof that I'm a good student to this wonderful teacher.
19th July, 2009
"an undisputed master of colour and form!"
24th April, 2009
BossBob50 - says:
"I've lived in Chicago for 56 years; been photographing my town since I was 8. I know the location of every image he has in the Chicago set, but he has captured them in a terribly fresh and distinct way. Unbelievable eye for architecture, architectural detail and light. Superb mastery of camera control, cropping and focus. Bravo, young-blood, bravo. I might as well give it up."
11th November, 2008
Henry M. Diaz says:
"One of the best Photographers and Artist I've come across in this lifetime!!! More than just "coffee book" shots!! This is art!
All the best,
14th August, 2008
Stewart Leiwakabessy says:
"Could anyone please tell me where I can find that button to fave a whole stream? I really need it here and now.
Abstract, daily stuff, people. Great framing, and love the Ornage!"
28th July, 2008
Justin Goode says:
"Your eye for geometric color and shape is phenomenal. Keep up the inspirational work!"
28th January, 2008
9th December, 2007
"Minimal = D.James
Never fails. Amazing. Es en realidad sorprendente la claridad de la visión que tiene del mundo. Que ojo tan maravilloso."
29th November, 2007
Rick Aiello says:
"I've never known someone who can capture the simplest of things in the most mind-blowing ways. A reflection in a skyscraper? It's gorgeous through his lens. A view through a staircase? It's a geometric kaleidescope. I'm envious, yet throughly entranced by his work."
20th August, 2007
mark daniel says:
"darren's photographs capture abstract and geometric compositions that are strong, dynamic and inspiring. they are also overflowing with electric, and vivid colors so bold and bright it makes my eyes hurt.
and i like it."
3rd February, 2007
"D's photos are amazing. They are vivid and such a breath of fresh air. He takes pictures of things that i would miss on a daily basis. Also his patterns are to die for! He is such a great photography and i hope to be as good as he is."
13th December, 2006
♫ marc_l'esperance says:
"since i joined flickr darren has become a favorite photographer of mine. looking around flickr i just kept noticing his shots and since i added him as a contact every new upload from him is truly an inspiration.
though i have faved many many of his photos i could easily fave his entire photostream. his ability to extract a fascinating photo from the mundane world around us is particularly astonishing. darren's singular style is evident in any of the range of subjects he shoots.. whether it's sea creatures, decay abstracts, nature or geometric beauty, darren's photography is simply brilliant.
obviously he doesn't really need yet another testimonial but in spending another wonderful visit today looking throught his incredible images i felt it necessary to let the world know how much i admire his work. keep using that great eye, and thanks for sharing your art."
10th November, 2006
"wish i had 10 percent of your talent - wonderfull photos"
21st September, 2006
dessert rat says:
"If you want an eye-opening experience you can't go wrong with this amazing young photographer. He claims to be still learning, but I venture to say that many on flickr have learned a thing or two from him. I know I have."
1st September, 2006
"I can't even look at a building without seeing a D. James picture."
9th August, 2006
"I’m not good at these things and my mind races behind my emotions. So, how does one praise another man’s vision, another man’s eyes, another human being’s way of seeing?
I love photography and all its implications. I love architecture and believe it is one of the highest forms of art. This person, D. James, more than appropriates, recreates and is able to give us a personal way of seeing. This takes guts and I am very envious."
7th August, 2006
Your art is as handsome as your face. Really. It is a joy for me to go to flickr and see your photos. You inspire me and you enrich me with the beauty that is seen through your eyes.
I will always be grateful.
Oh, your Chicago set still makes me weak.
6th August, 2006
"From the smallest, subtle voices of textures to the choruses of skyscrapers, Darren makes cities sing. Just turn off that radio and listen ..."
31st July, 2006
"Oh man!! So Much to look at! And all of it ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
Makes me wanna go out and buy a new camera. I think you could successfully convey the beauty in anything.... wonder bread, copy paper, mud. Great job!"
28th June, 2006
"You have some of the most beautiful photos with brilliant colors! I can spend just hours looking at all of them. Keep up the wonderful work."
20th May, 2006
dirtypearl 2005-2009 says:
"Without a doubt, my favorite landscape artist on flickr."
15th April, 2006
"If you haven't seen Darren's brilliant photo stream you have really missed out on a memorable flickr experience. This guy takes more amazing photos than possible for any normal human being. If you weren't familiar with his distinctive style, you'd think he must have stolen them from some forgotten archive. Totally prolific and each shot awes more than the last - really inspirational. Thanks for all your hard work Darren."
15th March, 2006
"Great pictures and I love what you have done with your profile page."
7th February, 2006
"D. sees art where others would not ~ i always look forward to his latest images. his work is truly unique and original. he is a master of macro and color ~ two of my loves. and although i have never met him, i know he is funny beyond compare; a great friend; a caring and giving person. and he likes dogs ~ doesn't get much better than that. :) rock on, dude."
8th January, 2006
- Kemaha - says:
"Everytime I see that Darren has posted something new, I know its going to be something that will amaze me. And like a few other people, make me feel a tad jealous that he's got such an amazing eye and creates these beautiful images. Thankyou for being on here and amazing me Darren."
10th December, 2005
"Oh, well. Hard to say when the person is too good in something. He is a kind of "all in one" photographer. Temathic of his shots is extremely different every time, but quality remains the same(holy truth!)"
3rd December, 2005
"I never cease to be amazed by Darren's photographs. To keep generating such a quantity of output is in itself impressive, but to do so while maintaining Darren's level of impeccable quality is simply awe-inspiring."
3rd December, 2005
"He is one of the best with lines, colors, and textures. Quite difficult to visit his work without picking a fave."
29th November, 2005
"D.James's photostream is always blowing me away with images that play to every aesthetic sense I hold dear. He proves himself as a master of light, focus, and composition. Move through his stream and take notes because there is plenty to learn."
3rd October, 2005
"I watch D grow as a photographer every week. He's evolved into a kind of geometric perfectionist. His ability to transform the mundane into a spectacle of shape and color is a true gift. And to say I've learned a lot from him, as a novice, would be an understatement. Though the photos in my stream don't quite show it, his technique is always in the back of my mind when I'm shooting. The amount of wonderful work he produces on a daily basis also reminds me that anything is worth shooting, with the right perspective. Truly inspirational. And he's a super nice guy to boot!"
15th September, 2005
Broken Piggy Bank says:
"I eagerly await new posts from him. He is one of my all-time favourite flickrites."
14th September, 2005
"His work emanates a powerful, vibrant energy. May I use one for my desktop? 8]"
11th September, 2005
"Darren's work is mind-blowingly, gob-smackingly original and fantastic. His imagery is chockablock with brilliant colors and interesting subject matter. I'm a bit jealous of his genius eye (well, both of them, actually), but mostly I sit around and stare in awe.
Oh yeah, and... he leaves lots of nice comments on my stream even though I don't pay him enough to."
30th August, 2005
Sully Pixel says:
"Photography is definitely a talent that D masters. His shots always are on my favorites list. Great guy, with a great eye."
4th August, 2005
"I never knew what a beautiful city that I lived in until visiting D. James' site. He has captured the beauty of Atlanta with his creative eye and talent. He has also inpired me to get downtown more often."
11th June, 2005
- Darren Ryan
- May 2005
- Born/raised in Pittsburgh
- Atlanta (East Atlanta), USA
- I am:
- Male and Single