"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di on the wallaby (4)
- in explore 756,078 photos, 66,859 members
- Tasmanian Buildings 929 photos, 43 members
- The Sunshine Group (by invitaton) post 1/award 2 40,455 photos, 2,060 members
- Parting Shots 1,112 photos, 632 members
- Australian Geographic 31,594 photos, 1,360 members
- Two by Two... 28,256 photos, 1,431 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 99,857 photos, 4,684 members
- Great Railway Journeys in Australia 452 photos, 52 members
- Flora and Fauna of Tasmania 2,893 photos, 79 members
- The Beauty of Trees 2,425 photos, 96 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,121 photos, 22,075 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,416 photos, 110 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 61,951 photos, 5,556 members
- Universal Arts 55,044 photos, 1,175 members
- Project Weather 640,264 photos, 94,116 members
- Cloud Junkie 477,515 photos, 46,911 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 4,630 photos, 383 members
- painting watercolors 51,345 photos, 2,666 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 18,509 photos, 1,029 members
- watercolor artists of the world 22,672 photos, 815 members
- Watercolour 72,372 photos, 3,672 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people!! NO single buildings! P1/C2 434,817 photos, 10,286 members
- Australian Animals 5,354 photos, 271 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,714 photos, 220 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 244 photos, 69 members
- The Beauty of Rock 2,016 photos, 223 members
- Nature's Patterns 16,485 photos, 431 members
- artland 1,081,175 photos, 41,683 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 2,266 photos, 496 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* P1 - A3 70,940 photos, 2,449 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 57,939 photos, 1,005 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 12,418 photos, 378 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 70,289 photos, 11,779 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 13,731 photos, 347 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 12,833 photos, 2,281 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 7,110 photos, 929 members
- Photography Downunder 66,712 photos, 850 members
- Terrible Terriers 8,344 photos, 293 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 477,727 photos, 8,706 members
- Australia All Over 78,767 photos, 3,227 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,639,091 photos, 61,270 members
- All Things Moon 13,644 photos, 1,384 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 94,048 photos, 14,762 members
- MOON Shots 129,934 photos, 25,946 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 47,802 photos, 9,984 members
- Sofala, NSW 242 photos, 41 members
- ABCTV Weather 24,446 photos, 1,326 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 47,958 photos, 689 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 841,135 photos, 28,947 members
- The Nature's Soul ELITE~Invite ONLY, P1/C2 5,327 photos, 584 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
June 17th, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
March 25th, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
March 13th, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
February 16th, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
December 19th, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
October 31st, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
October 27th, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
August 11th, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
August 5th, 2008
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
July 11th, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: