"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di off the wallaby (4)
- Nature as Abstract Artist 18,803 photos, 1,847 members
- Universal Arts 9,724 photos, 499 members
- Project Weather 107,962 photos, 31,584 members
- Cloud Junkie 275,769 photos, 25,066 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 3,656 photos, 343 members
- painting watercolors 30,709 photos, 2,041 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 11,907 photos, 824 members
- watercolor artists of the world 12,348 photos, 518 members
- Watercolour 51,420 photos, 3,230 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature Post 1 / Comment 2 94,415 photos, 3,637 members
- Australian Animals 1,881 photos, 135 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 15,323 photos, 191 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 224 photos, 65 members
- The Beauty of Rock 970 photos, 85 members
- Nature's Patterns 5,480 photos, 230 members
- artland 555,504 photos, 29,704 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 774 photos, 125 members
- " Damn Cool Photographers in the WORLD " .♥.♥.♥ 260,710 photos, 6,478 members
- * Feathers & Beaks * ( P 1 - A 3) 29,542 photos, 1,632 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 9,981 photos, 384 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 6,295 photos, 199 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 69,942 photos, 10,256 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 6,908 photos, 279 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 9,700 photos, 2,083 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 4,990 photos, 698 members
- Photography Downunder 24,477 photos, 463 members
- Terrible Terriers 7,315 photos, 276 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 323,921 photos, 7,078 members
- Australia All Over 25,536 photos, 1,345 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 629,065 photos, 28,815 members
- All Things Moon 8,381 photos, 1,158 members
- Astrophotography 76,915 photos, 11,771 members
- MOON Shots 93,599 photos, 22,342 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 15,853 photos, 4,373 members
- Sofala, NSW 224 photos, 28 members
- ABCTV Weather 9,700 photos, 905 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 31,269 photos, 517 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 871,958 photos, 29,359 members
- The Nature's Soul ELITE~Invite ONLY, P1/C2 3,927 photos, 504 members
- Green Leaf 727 photos, 114 members
- I like your style! (1 Post - 1 Com - 1 Inv) 17,152 photos, 1,913 members
- Soulpictures 745 photos, 90 members
- Nature's Carousel - (Invite only) - Post 1 Comment 2 142,211 photos, 7,438 members
- Best Images Ever (ADMIN Approval Only | Award 2 or More) 71,271 photos, 3,291 members
- !Your Best Animal Photo ~~Award 2 51,361 photos, 3,016 members
- MIMAMOR FLOWERS / Post 1 - 3 Award 55,979 photos, 5,553 members
- Boab 359 photos, 21 members
- I Love Trains 322,847 photos, 14,514 members
- Train All Around The World 44,988 photos, 510 members
- THE NATURE'S SOUL (Post 1~Award 4) Award Sweeper Active 54,124 photos, 3,442 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
17th June, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
25th March, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
13th March, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
16th February, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
19th December, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
31st October, 2008
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
27th October, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
11th August, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
5th August, 2008
J. C. Merriman says:
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
11th July, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: