this is me.
thank you for visiting my flickr page! have a look around. the best way to look for specific things is to browse throgh my collections on the right side of the page.
i am a graphic designer for a medium-sized church. i love graphic design and photography. flickr has been a huge contributor to my work for inspiration, technique, and equipment. i value the comments and critique i receive on my stream. thank you everyone, for stopping by, and thank you for the comments. i will post very little if any of my design work on this site, because i think it needs to be strictly for photography. i got into photography out of necessity. with design work, it was easier to compose that "exact shot", rather than spend hours searching for stock photography, buying it, and more time in photoshop rendering a composite of several images, for it still not to come out "exactly what you had in mind". however, i have come to love it, and will do everything i can to become a better photographer. anywho... thanks again for stopping by and taking the time to read this...please leave a comment.
i began shooting with only available or natural light without manipulating it, and later moved on to some DIY equipment and SB-800 strobes. i love natural light as well as strobes for different reasons and depending on the subject and feel i want to achieve.
oh, and please, please no rude, lude, or otherwise discusting comments on my photos - or you will be blocked. flickr is a happy place - let's keep it that way.
if you're interested in purchasing a photo for use or would like to speak with me about a shoot, please just send me a message via flickr.
i shoot nikon digital
i shoot canon film
typically you'll find me with my nikon D200
my favorite lens...hmm...i like them all, but gravitate toward primes - 35mm1.8, 50mm1.8, 85mm1.8, and i also like my sigma 70-200 f2.8.
but if i could only choose one it would be my 50mm f/1.8. it's stubby and sharp!
i love my wife and daughter. they are my main inspiration and most often now, my subjects. the little one doesn't object as much as the big one does.
here are some of my favorite internet hangouts and sources of inspiration:
all images © damon hair 2011
- Phlearn 18,222 photos, 1,812 members
- Florabella Textures & Actions 39,224 photos, 5,418 members
- Salt Life Beach 672 photos, 415 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,638,887 photos, 224,872 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 80,479 photos, 5,343 members
- Freelensing 8,161 photos, 3,207 members
- Design the Logo 26,543 photos, 8,662 members
- Hipstamatic 292,364 photos, 16,645 members
- scanned film 3,058 photos, 185 members
- Newborn posing inspiration group 18,185 photos, 6,878 members
- The Photographer Photographed (Must show CAMERA & PHOTOGRAPHER) 9,779 photos, 1,287 members
- Vignette for Android 26,827 photos, 2,159 members
- Maternity Photography 7,827 photos, 1,121 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 16,087 photos, 4,067 members
- Before & After - A Sneak Peek into Processing 2,920 photos, 4,843 members
- Eureka Springs 2,459 photos, 225 members
- Digital & Film Contact Sheets 420 photos, 309 members
- Contact Theory & Proof Sheets 121 photos, 126 members
- have no fear signs 16 photos, 38 members
- The Spherus Portrait Gallery 55 photos, 47 members
- $2 Portraits 702 photos, 886 members
- StreetSilence 3,924 photos, 599 members
- The Polaroid Traveling Camera Project 27 photos, 161 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 76,988 photos, 15,294 members
- Beautiful Bridals! 4,084 photos, 564 members
- The Items We Carry 1,856 photos, 3,277 members
- Cover Models 3,268 photos, 651 members
- Lightsphere Users 4,466 photos, 1,332 members
- Modified ON CAMERA FLASH 180 photos, 69 members
- Seattle Strobist 5,846 photos, 1,047 members
- Inauguration 2009 12,668 photos, 2,840 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 247,560 photos, 20,941 members
- Homemade Photo Solutions 479 photos, 195 members
- 2009: A Year in Pictures 44,166 photos, 371 members
- Fishing Envy 16,344 photos, 4,276 members
- Leigh Taylor Textures 1,083 photos, 2,070 members
- Textures for Layers 15,533 photos, 16,063 members
- f/8 and be there 967 photos, 129 members
- Cybersync Triggers 5,959 photos, 428 members
- One Strobe Pony 65,334 photos, 8,618 members
- Concept Photos (please tag) 16,577 photos, 1,560 members
- Long Exposure 549,852 photos, 52,075 members
- Long Exposures 331,278 photos, 30,736 members
- superb lines and colors 121 photos, 136 members
- Photographers' Rights. 239 photos, 3,583 members
- Roof Hacker 1,873 photos, 499 members
- ! ♡ Flickrian ♡ No Rules:) Feel Free to invite your Friends! 115,343 photos, 4,498 members
- Wedding Pictures 17,683 photos, 1,129 members
- Wedding Photos 14,622 photos, 906 members
- Totally Texture Tuesday 4,827 photos, 1,356 members
Anne Ruthmann says:
"Damon is just a damn cool guy. I love that he's constantly experimenting and trying something new!"
1st September, 2008
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- graphic designer
- damon hair photography