this is me.
thank you for visiting my flickr page! have a look around. the best way to look for specific things is to browse throgh my collections on the right side of the page.
i am a graphic designer for a medium-sized church. i love graphic design and photography. flickr has been a huge contributor to my work for inspiration, technique, and equipment. i value the comments and critique i receive on my stream. thank you everyone, for stopping by, and thank you for the comments. i will post very little if any of my design work on this site, because i think it needs to be strictly for photography. i got into photography out of necessity. with design work, it was easier to compose that "exact shot", rather than spend hours searching for stock photography, buying it, and more time in photoshop rendering a composite of several images, for it still not to come out "exactly what you had in mind". however, i have come to love it, and will do everything i can to become a better photographer. anywho... thanks again for stopping by and taking the time to read this...please leave a comment.
i began shooting with only available or natural light without manipulating it, and later moved on to some DIY equipment and SB-800 strobes. i love natural light as well as strobes for different reasons and depending on the subject and feel i want to achieve.
oh, and please, please no rude, lude, or otherwise discusting comments on my photos - or you will be blocked. flickr is a happy place - let's keep it that way.
if you're interested in purchasing a photo for use or would like to speak with me about a shoot, please just send me a message via flickr.
i shoot nikon digital
i shoot canon film
typically you'll find me with my nikon D200
my favorite lens...hmm...i like them all, but gravitate toward primes - 35mm1.8, 50mm1.8, 85mm1.8, and i also like my sigma 70-200 f2.8.
but if i could only choose one it would be my 50mm f/1.8. it's stubby and sharp!
i love my wife and daughter. they are my main inspiration and most often now, my subjects. the little one doesn't object as much as the big one does.
here are some of my favorite internet hangouts and sources of inspiration:
all images © damon hair 2011
- Phlearn 21,446 photos, 1,999 members
- Florabella Textures & Actions 39,467 photos, 5,435 members
- Salt Life Beach 679 photos, 418 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,814,541 photos, 239,867 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 81,297 photos, 5,326 members
- Freelensing 8,094 photos, 3,282 members
- Design the Logo 26,934 photos, 8,682 members
- Hipstamatic 298,418 photos, 16,683 members
- scanned film 3,268 photos, 193 members
- Newborn posing inspiration group 18,271 photos, 6,981 members
- The Photographer Photographed (Must show CAMERA & PHOTOGRAPHER) 10,161 photos, 1,326 members
- Vignette for Android 27,186 photos, 2,153 members
- Maternity Photography 7,775 photos, 1,117 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 16,538 photos, 4,059 members
- Before & After - A Sneak Peek into Processing 2,874 photos, 4,844 members
- Eureka Springs 2,520 photos, 227 members
- Digital & Film Contact Sheets 465 photos, 311 members
- Contact Theory & Proof Sheets 121 photos, 127 members
- have no fear signs 16 photos, 38 members
- The Spherus Portrait Gallery 55 photos, 47 members
- $2 Portraits 707 photos, 886 members
- StreetSilence 3,957 photos, 598 members
- The Polaroid Traveling Camera Project 27 photos, 161 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 77,287 photos, 15,282 members
- Beautiful Bridals! 4,264 photos, 565 members
- The Items We Carry 1,871 photos, 3,307 members
- Cover Models 3,228 photos, 648 members
- Lightsphere Users 4,476 photos, 1,333 members
- Modified ON CAMERA FLASH 190 photos, 69 members
- Seattle Strobist 5,870 photos, 1,049 members
- Inauguration 2009 12,636 photos, 2,832 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 252,517 photos, 21,008 members
- Homemade Photo Solutions 490 photos, 198 members
- 2009: A Year in Pictures 43,727 photos, 369 members
- Fishing Envy 16,369 photos, 4,277 members
- Leigh Taylor Textures 1,079 photos, 2,060 members
- Textures for Layers 15,521 photos, 16,013 members
- f/8 and be there 1,033 photos, 129 members
- Cybersync Triggers 6,004 photos, 430 members
- One Strobe Pony 66,862 photos, 8,716 members
- Concept Photos (please tag) 17,814 photos, 1,607 members
- Long Exposure 573,286 photos, 53,478 members
- Long Exposures 354,982 photos, 32,175 members
- superb lines and colors 121 photos, 135 members
- Photographers' Rights. 240 photos, 3,597 members
- Roof Hacker 1,976 photos, 516 members
- ! ♡ Flickrian ♡ No Rules:) Feel Free to invite your Friends! 122,071 photos, 4,563 members
- Wedding Pictures 17,929 photos, 1,131 members
- Wedding Photos 14,672 photos, 906 members
- Totally Texture Tuesday 4,819 photos, 1,348 members
Anne Ruthmann says:
"Damon is just a damn cool guy. I love that he's constantly experimenting and trying something new!"
1st September, 2008
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- graphic designer
- damon hair photography