this is me.
thank you for visiting my flickr page! have a look around. the best way to look for specific things is to browse throgh my collections on the right side of the page.
i am a graphic designer for a medium-sized church. i love graphic design and photography. flickr has been a huge contributor to my work for inspiration, technique, and equipment. i value the comments and critique i receive on my stream. thank you everyone, for stopping by, and thank you for the comments. i will post very little if any of my design work on this site, because i think it needs to be strictly for photography. i got into photography out of necessity. with design work, it was easier to compose that "exact shot", rather than spend hours searching for stock photography, buying it, and more time in photoshop rendering a composite of several images, for it still not to come out "exactly what you had in mind". however, i have come to love it, and will do everything i can to become a better photographer. anywho... thanks again for stopping by and taking the time to read this...please leave a comment.
i began shooting with only available or natural light without manipulating it, and later moved on to some DIY equipment and SB-800 strobes. i love natural light as well as strobes for different reasons and depending on the subject and feel i want to achieve.
oh, and please, please no rude, lude, or otherwise discusting comments on my photos - or you will be blocked. flickr is a happy place - let's keep it that way.
if you're interested in purchasing a photo for use or would like to speak with me about a shoot, please just send me a message via flickr.
i shoot nikon digital
i shoot canon film
typically you'll find me with my nikon D200
my favorite lens...hmm...i like them all, but gravitate toward primes - 35mm1.8, 50mm1.8, 85mm1.8, and i also like my sigma 70-200 f2.8.
but if i could only choose one it would be my 50mm f/1.8. it's stubby and sharp!
i love my wife and daughter. they are my main inspiration and most often now, my subjects. the little one doesn't object as much as the big one does.
here are some of my favorite internet hangouts and sources of inspiration:
all images © damon hair 2011
- Phlearn 10,764 photos, 1,481 members
- Florabella Textures & Actions 37,910 photos, 5,317 members
- Salt Life Beach 629 photos, 396 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,252,351 photos, 193,818 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 81,950 photos, 5,388 members
- Freelensing 7,204 photos, 2,890 members
- Design the Logo 24,011 photos, 8,625 members
- Hipstamatic 272,243 photos, 16,391 members
- scanned film 2,717 photos, 176 members
- Newborn posing inspiration group 17,931 photos, 6,645 members
- The Photographer Photographed (Must show CAMERA & PHOTOGRAPHER) 8,609 photos, 1,171 members
- Vignette for Android 26,759 photos, 2,176 members
- Maternity Photography 7,918 photos, 1,126 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 15,358 photos, 4,116 members
- Before & After - A Sneak Peek into Processing 2,922 photos, 4,810 members
- Eureka Springs 2,352 photos, 224 members
- Digital & Film Contact Sheets 416 photos, 305 members
- Contact Theory & Proof Sheets 124 photos, 128 members
- have no fear signs 17 photos, 38 members
- The Spherus Portrait Gallery 56 photos, 47 members
- $2 Portraits 679 photos, 883 members
- StreetSilence 3,839 photos, 601 members
- The Polaroid Traveling Camera Project 28 photos, 163 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 77,020 photos, 15,284 members
- Beautiful Bridals! 3,847 photos, 563 members
- The Items We Carry 3,272 photos, 3,250 members
- Cover Models 3,412 photos, 662 members
- Lightsphere Users 6,066 photos, 1,323 members
- Modified ON CAMERA FLASH 157 photos, 68 members
- Seattle Strobist 5,715 photos, 1,030 members
- Inauguration 2009 13,246 photos, 2,864 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 239,932 photos, 20,877 members
- Homemade Photo Solutions 423 photos, 188 members
- 2009: A Year in Pictures 44,575 photos, 374 members
- Fishing Envy 15,989 photos, 4,284 members
- Leigh Taylor Textures 1,056 photos, 2,083 members
- Textures for Layers 15,647 photos, 16,234 members
- f/8 and be there 789 photos, 125 members
- Cybersync Triggers 5,856 photos, 426 members
- One Strobe Pony 62,385 photos, 8,396 members
- Concept Photos (please tag) 15,420 photos, 1,484 members
- Long Exposure 501,048 photos, 49,120 members
- Long Exposures 279,967 photos, 27,527 members
- superb lines and colors 122 photos, 136 members
- Photographers' Rights. 239 photos, 3,595 members
- Roof Hacker 1,619 photos, 465 members
- ! ♡ Flickrian ♡ No Rules:) Feel Free to invite your Friends! 103,161 photos, 4,385 members
- Wedding Pictures 17,802 photos, 1,111 members
- Wedding Photos 14,515 photos, 897 members
- Totally Texture Tuesday 4,751 photos, 1,358 members
Anne Ruthmann says:
"Damon is just a damn cool guy. I love that he's constantly experimenting and trying something new!"
1st September, 2008
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- graphic designer
- damon hair photography