I'm a professional writer and performer, an amateur rock-balancer and hobbyist photographer. I play poker and darts and ride a bike too.
This isn't a very good place to get in touch with me as mail is very rapidly lost...
If you want to get in touch with me about stuff that isn't directly related to flickr or photography then flickr-mail is a really bad way of doing it. I like photography precisely because it's a creative outlet that is unrelated to how I make my living. If you want to know more about what I do for a living, visit my website. You can e-mail me there - I'm far more likely to see it.
Explaining what it is about flickr that I like so much takes up more words than is seemly here... but I did once try to write an article that explained it.
flickr is visual. It is beautiful in and of itself. Adding flashing gifs and group "awards" makes it ugly. It encourages pointless self-promotion and competition. That's ugly too. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I delete comments that contain them. I know they mean well. But it makes a clean page look dirty.
I don't comment much. I have little to say. If I like something a lot I favourite it.
I find more things I like - pictures and photographers - by browsing fffflckr.com/ than I do looking at groups etc.I recommend it. It's beautiful. Try it. Log in. Find the photos the people who took your favourites like. It's pretty.
I should eat more soup but then so should you.
Don't drop litter.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge 4,774 photos, 1,211 members
- Sydney Opera House 6,441 photos, 1,582 members
- a letter from eine 1,517 photos, 218 members
- Follies 2,398 photos, 235 members
- Landmark Trust UK 9,424 photos, 412 members
- Jellyfish!! 10,646 photos, 3,779 members
- Pareidolia 5,139 photos, 911 members
- Window Skills 1,725 photos, 117 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,514 members
- Flags Of Imaginary Countries 5,324 photos, 267 members
- Diana Mini 39,871 photos, 4,245 members
- Just bicycles (no people) 6,122 photos, 364 members
- Photoshop Pictures 637 photos, 40 members
- Polaroid Film 16,951 photos, 930 members
- abandoned shoes 1,368 photos, 335 members
- Ghost Bike 456 photos, 213 members
- Columbia Road & Flower Market, London 641 photos, 157 members
- Lovely Eyesore 21,820 photos, 8,650 members
- London-alt 131,797 photos, 10,576 members
- Empty Seats 41,607 photos, 9,711 members
- Window seat please 94,313 photos, 16,361 members
- Flickr Commons 1,905 photos, 1,728 members
- silhouette 271,634 photos, 36,156 members
- Save Polaroid - Self Portraits 584 photos, 5,580 members
- FlickrCentral 6,138,517 photos, 185,095 members
- Flatirons - Wedged Buildings 1,233 photos, 532 members
- Windows Without Views 477 photos, 229 members
- Instant Film 51,992 photos, 2,589 members
- Stepping Out 3,345 photos, 750 members
- Hand of God 9 photos, 18 members
- planes, trains and automobiles 121,130 photos, 4,114 members
- Streetcorner Preachers 352 photos, 119 members
- TWOchairs 286 photos, 134 members
- The pleasant jolliness of the POLAROID empire 976 photos, 60 members
- LP portraits 2,204 photos, 1,006 members
- polaroid photograph 60,899 photos, 2,951 members
- polaroid love * 71,559 photos, 4,478 members
- Things looking like the flickr default icon 347 photos, 127 members
- from BELOW - straight up 7,694 photos, 1,525 members
- Polaroid Photographers 49,228 photos, 2,216 members
- Polaroid Portrait 4,867 photos, 1,360 members
- Polaroid 264,247 photos, 23,239 members
- Polaroid Spectra 19,303 photos, 2,216 members
- Still Open 958 photos, 158 members
- Nikon D70/s Users 216,896 photos, 11,771 members
- Looks Like A Robot 954 photos, 292 members
- Abstract Faces 4,426 photos, 712 members
- Negative Space 33,453 photos, 3,651 members
- Billboard Backgrounds 250 photos, 124 members
- Flickr Ideas 0 photos, 11,664 members
"Dave Gorman without a doubt is one of the Few that help to Popularized the Art of Balancing Rocks - Stones - Pebbles."
30th August, 2007
"I was cycling around the East End the other day, and was amazed at how much of what I saw had been conditioned by Dave Gorman's photographs and his eye for the vivid and vibrant. A wonderful photographer!"
12th July, 2007
Art Ascii says:
"Dave your Chicago night scenes absolutely rock,
your cloud shots are strat·o·spher·ic, your canyon pics grand
happily you escaped the Chicago grain tower amish mob.
and keep snapping.
I know I will.
Good grief - Dave even gets featured in a recent issue of one of the top UK photo mags. Good onya matey.
Ps You were in Chicago and did not visit Flickr's Dr Joanne - shame on you!
There's always next time....I think she has a neighbor - beware neighbor she has a HUGE icicle and you never know what she might do with it....(is that ok?)..."
29th March, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Dave is a very talented photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. His diversity of subjects and his unique style produces images that are visually interesting and always intriguing.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's works here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Dave is involved here, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
31st December, 2006
"I'm pretty sure I found Dave's pictures from some rocks (I can't even balance *one* rock, myself). Now I wait to see where in the world Dave is now, and to see it through his lens. And I cross my fingers that there will be doorbells there."
20th December, 2006
- Dave Gorman
- September 2005
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Writer & Performer