I'm a professional writer and performer, an amateur rock-balancer and hobbyist photographer. I play poker and darts and ride a bike too.
This isn't a very good place to get in touch with me as mail is very rapidly lost...
If you want to get in touch with me about stuff that isn't directly related to flickr or photography then flickr-mail is a really bad way of doing it. I like photography precisely because it's a creative outlet that is unrelated to how I make my living. If you want to know more about what I do for a living, visit my website. You can e-mail me there - I'm far more likely to see it.
Explaining what it is about flickr that I like so much takes up more words than is seemly here... but I did once try to write an article that explained it.
flickr is visual. It is beautiful in and of itself. Adding flashing gifs and group "awards" makes it ugly. It encourages pointless self-promotion and competition. That's ugly too. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I delete comments that contain them. I know they mean well. But it makes a clean page look dirty.
I don't comment much. I have little to say. If I like something a lot I favourite it.
I find more things I like - pictures and photographers - by browsing fffflckr.com/ than I do looking at groups etc.I recommend it. It's beautiful. Try it. Log in. Find the photos the people who took your favourites like. It's pretty.
I should eat more soup but then so should you.
Don't drop litter.
- Flickr Groups Preview 122 photos, 532 members
- Wet Reflections 185,971 photos, 18,633 members
- Caravans Of Doom 208 photos, 39 members
- Sydney Harbour Bridge 5,058 photos, 1,254 members
- Sydney Opera House 6,752 photos, 1,628 members
- a letter from eine 1,681 photos, 219 members
- Follies 2,446 photos, 236 members
- Landmark Trust UK 9,807 photos, 426 members
- Jellyfish!! 10,942 photos, 3,890 members
- Pareidolia 5,254 photos, 928 members
- Window Skills 1,837 photos, 119 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,460 members
- Flags Of Imaginary Countries 5,508 photos, 271 members
- Diana Mini 40,280 photos, 4,324 members
- Just bicycles (no people) 6,566 photos, 374 members
- Photoshop Pictures 624 photos, 40 members
- Polaroid Film 17,438 photos, 934 members
- abandoned shoes 1,554 photos, 350 members
- Ghost Bike 460 photos, 217 members
- Columbia Road & Flower Market, London 682 photos, 163 members
- Lovely Eyesore 21,581 photos, 11,031 members
- London-alt 139,812 photos, 10,622 members
- Empty Seats 46,243 photos, 12,274 members
- Window seat please 96,758 photos, 19,295 members
- Flickr Commons 2,084 photos, 1,779 members
- silhouette 296,191 photos, 40,905 members
- Save Polaroid - Self Portraits 575 photos, 5,543 members
- FlickrCentral 6,662,580 photos, 196,608 members
- Flatirons - Wedged Buildings 1,273 photos, 543 members
- Windows Without Views 477 photos, 255 members
- Instant Film 55,265 photos, 2,671 members
- Stepping Out 3,396 photos, 765 members
- Hand of God 9 photos, 18 members
- planes, trains and automobiles 135,263 photos, 4,313 members
- Streetcorner Preachers 404 photos, 125 members
- TWOchairs 280 photos, 133 members
- The pleasant jolliness of the POLAROID empire 988 photos, 60 members
- LP portraits 2,215 photos, 1,010 members
- polaroid photograph 62,443 photos, 2,987 members
- polaroid love * 73,326 photos, 4,498 members
- Things looking like the flickr default icon 347 photos, 128 members
- from BELOW - straight up 7,509 photos, 1,541 members
- Polaroid Photographers 51,714 photos, 2,294 members
- Polaroid Portrait 4,739 photos, 1,421 members
- Polaroid 271,974 photos, 25,259 members
- Polaroid Spectra 19,899 photos, 2,243 members
- Still Open 968 photos, 160 members
- Nikon D70/s Users 216,429 photos, 11,803 members
- Looks Like A Robot 944 photos, 292 members
- Abstract Faces 4,514 photos, 714 members
"Dave Gorman without a doubt is one of the Few that help to Popularized the Art of Balancing Rocks - Stones - Pebbles."
30th August, 2007
"I was cycling around the East End the other day, and was amazed at how much of what I saw had been conditioned by Dave Gorman's photographs and his eye for the vivid and vibrant. A wonderful photographer!"
12th July, 2007
Art Ascii says:
"Dave your Chicago night scenes absolutely rock,
your cloud shots are strat·o·spher·ic, your canyon pics grand
happily you escaped the Chicago grain tower amish mob.
and keep snapping.
I know I will.
Good grief - Dave even gets featured in a recent issue of one of the top UK photo mags. Good onya matey.
Ps You were in Chicago and did not visit Flickr's Dr Joanne - shame on you!
There's always next time....I think she has a neighbor - beware neighbor she has a HUGE icicle and you never know what she might do with it....(is that ok?)..."
29th March, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Dave is a very talented photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. His diversity of subjects and his unique style produces images that are visually interesting and always intriguing.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's works here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Dave is involved here, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
31st December, 2006
"I'm pretty sure I found Dave's pictures from some rocks (I can't even balance *one* rock, myself). Now I wait to see where in the world Dave is now, and to see it through his lens. And I cross my fingers that there will be doorbells there."
20th December, 2006
- Dave Gorman
- September 2005
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Writer & Performer