I entered the photographical universe a bit late. I never owned an analog camera. Which might account for my snappy way of taking pictures. Not good, erase it and shoot again. My photographical journey of discovery basically started when I bought a HP935 just to make some snapshots during my first visit to Cuba in October 2003. I just fell in love with the country and snapping portraits of its amazing citizens.
I discovered I have bit of a knack for getting portraits just right, to break the pose with a joke and snap it at the right time. It's not really something I can explain, it just works that way.
After my second visit to Cuba I decided to get a bit more serious and I bought a Canon 300D. Never having used a similar analog SLR (digital tends to make you lacy) it took quite some time to figure it out. But I am getting the hang of it now.
[updated: I now shoot with a Canon 40D :)]
Still, my favorite subject will probably always be to shoot portraits of people, as candidly as possible in the sunniest of weather.
Hope to meet you all soon, wherever on this beautiful planet. Take care and share!
Photos of deVos (2)
- Project Weather 106,496 photos, 31,378 members
- Laren: The Cars 302 photos, 14 members
- Jim and the Doors 338 photos, 108 members
- TRVL Photo Community 183 photos, 42 members
- CreativeCommonsCentral 5,727 photos, 110 members
- Oranje Koorts 755 photos, 67 members
- Remembering Noor Banu 143 photos, 190 members
- Funny signs 13,017 photos, 2,025 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,601 photos, 19,236 members
- Geometrie, Geometry 55,891 photos, 3,736 members
- Beaches - Around the World 61,543 photos, 5,753 members
- Sunny Side of Life 4,918 photos, 745 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 432,030 photos, 100,262 members
- Swimming Pools 806 photos, 192 members
- THE BEST OF MIMAMOR'S GROUPS ( Admin Invitation Only / 1 - 4 AW 9,035 photos, 2,264 members
- PEOPLE ENJOYING NATURE (Post 1 Comment 3) 8,385 photos, 2,041 members
- PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE 3,647 photos, 77 members
- MOOI DEN HAAG/ BEAUTIFUL THE HAGUE 3,376 photos, 124 members
- Colour Chart 3,334 photos, 2,035 members
- From the Airplane Window 18,171 photos, 3,172 members
- Canon 85mm f/1.2L Central 21,514 photos, 2,699 members
- Fotografie Nederland 122,102 photos, 1,997 members
- "Men At Work" 8,945 photos, 739 members
- Employment - People at Work 3,614 photos, 317 members
- ARCHITECTURE IN SPAIN 3,432 photos, 695 members
- Kinderen der Lage Landen 1,088 photos, 76 members
- flikkah 3,307 photos, 73 members
- De Tramtunnel 76 photos, 12 members
- The Biggest Group ! (The FUN group!) 84,269 photos, 1,342 members
- Wisdom Cries Out in The Streets. 52,524 photos, 1,571 members
- Patterns and Designs 74,958 photos, 6,491 members
- White 21,740 photos, 2,227 members
- Fashion World 134,868 photos, 10,061 members
- Official National Geographic Group 536,841 photos, 16,798 members
- The beautiful Mediterranean 73,065 photos, 3,795 members
- Soller 702 photos, 96 members
- Mallorca 36,716 photos, 2,144 members
- EN PRIMER PLANO 2,994 photos, 497 members
- Spain 221,915 photos, 8,443 members
- Havana / La Habana 22,170 photos, 1,433 members
- Cuban Portraits 2,115 photos, 167 members
- FLOWERS_INSECTS_AND_BUTTERFLIES // FLORES_INSECTOS_Y_MARIPOSAS 96,079 photos, 8,327 members
- Fireworks - Just Fireworks 105,223 photos, 16,401 members
- Rijkslogo 17 photos, 16 members
- Calatrava 2,306 photos, 827 members
- Expo! 71 photos, 14 members
- ARCHITECTURE CONTEMPORARY 8,616 photos, 678 members
- FAMOUS CONSTRUCTIONS 8,843 photos, 1,180 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 918 photos, 23,013 members
- Only the most amazing photos (comment on at least 2) 1,074 photos, 809 members
"You really have to respect this man. He has infiltrated fickr with his delightful comments and wit, added the devil as a contact and even had the time to photograph. I wont ramble about how good his pics are so I'll keep it short, I echo satan : We love you Kees!"
8th April, 2005
Marianne Andrea says:
"Beautiful pictures - visually pleasing and fun... I like."
4th April, 2005
"His 1037th photo...the devil congratulates you.
Each and every picture emits warmth and sensuality..something to expect from such a great photographer. He has the warmest smile..and the most joyful. We love you Kees!"
2nd April, 2005
"on the cusp of his 1000th photo, i want to thank Kees for sharing his great stream with us. The best photographers balance a powerful penetrating eye with an embracing human heart. Kees is one of the best. His portraits are fantastic; he puts everyone at ease and captures their most vibrant smiles. such a great gift!
Kees was the first to reach out to me in Flickr and add me as a contact. i was just a poor hitchiker runaway from Fotki bumming around the Everyone station, looking for a bite to eat from a vending machine and a warm vent to sleep on. Kees gave me a contact add and groups and comments, and slowly i got back on my feet and eventually became a contributing member of the flickrverse. hehe
Actually that prolly means he is responsible for starting my own flickr addiction - but i thank him for his generosity and class.
Kees, you are definitely a great flickr and great friend. thank you!"
26th March, 2005
"deVos - an inspiration, a great photographer and my friend. His personality emits warmth, kindess and commands respect. My very big motivation to do better and better."
6th January, 2005
- Kees de Vos
- July 2004
- The Hague, The Netherlands
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Project Manager at KPN-Getronics
- e n t r o p y