I love images and whether they're digital or film, it doesn't matter. I love experimenting with film. Mostly I use medium format or polaroid film cameras, but I am not afraid to say that digital is in my life. Generally I try to say where film is used and then the rest is digital (but sometimes not).
- 'RoidWeek 2013 0 photos, 251 members
- Sorry, We're Closed 343 photos, 58 members
- Mamiya C-220 6,269 photos, 539 members
- Mamiya TLR 28,182 photos, 2,300 members
- 6x9 Press Cameras 1,055 photos, 141 members
- Guelph Graffiti and Street Art 228 photos, 25 members
- Seascapes After Sugimoto 769 photos, 646 members
- RICOH GR Digital III (GRD3) 65,042 photos, 2,902 members
- 100 Days of Winter 1,162 photos, 73 members
- 'RoidWeek 2012 3,406 photos, 1,131 members
- silver 4,943 photos, 831 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 104,655 photos, 7,658 members
- Canon EOS-5D Mark II 52,222 photos, 1,549 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 9,516 photos, 2,716 members
- Hasselblad 215,073 photos, 11,046 members
- ECN-2: motion picture filmstock 1,848 photos, 317 members
- please bury me here 3,626 photos, 1,256 members
- Camera Porn Friday 4,412 photos, 1,361 members
- pola weekly 2,277 photos, 244 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,422 photos, 1,330 members
- Plastic Bullet 5,707 photos, 1,159 members
- I Shoot Film 2,030,495 photos, 81,238 members
- Tortoiseshell Cats 3,736 photos, 481 members
- ★ Horizon Kompakt & Perfekt ★ 25,264 photos, 1,891 members
- Hipstamatic 272,281 photos, 16,388 members
- Feeling Negative? 11,995 photos, 640 members
- focusschmocus 15,012 photos, 1,997 members
- Curling 1,798 photos, 164 members
- Meeting People with Kowa 1,465 photos, 75 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,851 photos, 19,446 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,647 photos, 1,676 members
- book lovers never go to bed alone 1,285 photos, 374 members
- Konica AutoReflex (1965-1987) 4,616 photos, 427 members
- Aut - Aut 70,530 photos, 1,691 members
- trip35.net 1,212 photos, 372 members
- Stereophotography 43,708 photos, 2,319 members
- Fossilised Film 1,720 photos, 166 members
- Guelph Photography Film Club 182 photos, 8 members
- Film Forward! 48,723 photos, 1,377 members
- Summer vacation - medium format 177 photos, 55 members
- cliché photography 572 photos, 135 members
- HAWKEYE SURVEILLANCE FILM 551 photos, 64 members
- homemade soup 6,368 photos, 1,100 members
- Caffenol 13,934 photos, 2,184 members
- Incurious 514 photos, 91 members
- TechPan Junkies 333 photos, 125 members
- Inside / Outside 982 photos, 162 members
- In-Camera Multiframes 1,209 photos, 50 members
- I LOVE FILM! 41,158 photos, 803 members
- Sunprints 202 photos, 135 members
"I think Donna is one of the best Lo-Fi photographers on flickr, if not the best. She's an inspiration, and she's prolific, and she has a style all her own, something I appreciate more and more as I develop mine. I always, always, always love to see what she's put up. The flickrverse is just flat-out lucky to have her. Flat-out lucky.
Thank you Donna. =)"
17th January, 2008
Johnny ©ontax says:
"Some guy called Jon© once wrote a testimonial for Donna, now it's my turn.
What can I add?
That her stream is an adventure?
A waking dream?
That she, more than anyone, has inspired me to pick up a camera time and time again, when I have despaired of ever taking another good shot, she kick starts me again?
That I am proud to call her a contact?
All the above and more...
It is true to say that of the millions of people on here, there is just one I still want to meet, or rather one I would fly half way around the world just to say hi to.
That is Donna, an inspiraton and a true artist.
27th August, 2007
No one captures them quite like Denim. This was a world I lived in and saw it regularly. I could never capture what I saw but she has
Thank You Denim"
6th December, 2006
""To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."
This could be Donna's Mantra, she sees magic in the mundane and draws her viewers into fairyland with her.
She is one of the best damn photographers on Flickr, and I will fight anyone who begs to differ.
Thanks Donna, for helping me keep the faith with your daily uploads, anticipated and enjoyed without exception."
20th November, 2006
aka bea says:
"Denim has this uncanny ability to infuse a sense of wonder and magic into everyday scenes. In an every increasingly hi-tech digital world, she's old school DIY and experimentally analog. Her photoblog is one of honesty and wit, one of my favorites out there. She's one-of-a-kind, and a super nice person to boot."
6th May, 2006
Squirrel Hugger says:
"Donna is not only a brilliant photographer, but also an artist who paints scenes of life with an unparalled lens. She's not afraid to experiment, often turning the world--and other optical devices--upside down, giving us a whole new perspective of feelings and concepts we keep hidden within ourselves. I found Donna's work through her bunny photos ... but it's her passion and curiosity for the way we sense the ordinary things around that has made visiting her work an addictive and extaordinary experience! She has created an "Express" window into the imagination -- and it's a trip worth taking! : ))"
27th April, 2006
"Donna is easily one of the best photographers on this site,and the best i've seen at capturing Guelph,Ontario.
Every other photo of Guelph seems to be an imitation of one of hers.
Also unafraid to experiment,which is the sign of a visionary.
She should sell prints at the market."
4th March, 2006
"Denim has some of my favourite photos on Flickr. She is a master of making the ordinary scenes look extra ordinary and her photos all have an "I don't know" quality about them.
I just can't put my finger on it."
3rd February, 2006
"Honestly, what's not to love? Great pictures, but the real draw here is the fun she's having with her cameras. It's infectious, and the more you look, the further you want to see."
2nd February, 2006
- Donna Dobbin
- June 2004
- I am:
- Female and Taken