Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
My first photography experience was around 50-years ago when I made a penhole camera in "Graphic Arts" class. We took photos of each other, developed them and then learned composition from our junior high instructor.
I bought myself a Yashica 44 with mowing money and the rest is history. I've run hot and cold about photography over the decades, but always appreciated the great start that I got at Oceanway Junior High in North Florida.
I got into digital photography around 2006 with the purchase of a Canon G7. Now I'm using Canon's 5D MkIII and their 7D with several L-series lenses.
To buy prints and image-based products, go to my SmugMug account at:
I'm a guest blogger at Wasatch Reflections Blog, which you can see at http://www.wasatchreflections.com/page28/page10/page10.html
Use Flickriver to view my "Interesting" images:
Here are stats:
I shoot 100% in Raw and convert my images to jpeg using DxO Optics Pro and make global adjustments in DxO. Most "local" adjustments are made in Sagelighteditor. For stitching panoramas or making multi-image HDRs, I use Photoshop.
Photos of dcstep (5)
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 207,059 photos, 8,881 members
- PBWA (Photography by Wandering About) 13,500 photos, 1,184 members
- squareFormat 877,404 photos, 33,532 members
- #Flickr12Days 67,176 photos, 7,021 members
- Close-ups of Animals 5,680 photos, 1,001 members
- Archaeology Travel Photos 41,228 photos, 2,200 members
- Princess Cruises 7,623 photos, 371 members
- Stop & Comment 1,922 photos, 453 members
- Golf - public group 33,287 photos, 3,452 members
- ℑ ♡ This Sℌℴt 2,601 photos, 184 members
- Colorado Thunderstorms 2,435 photos, 402 members
- Bike Nation 162,957 photos, 14,914 members
- Canon EOS 1DX / 1DC 15,893 photos, 664 members
- Canon EOS 1D X Group 11,311 photos, 477 members
- Showcase for Soar in Nature's Spirit 2,038 photos, 191 members
- Douglas County Colorado 343 photos, 26 members
- Fisheye Defished 1,379 photos, 312 members
- Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Fisheye 6,055 photos, 825 members
- Flickr Friday 7,600 photos, 12,024 members
- #1 GOLD WILDLIFE/ Post 1 - Award 2 (P2-A4) with AWARD CODE! 82,849 photos, 7,403 members
- Clouds and Sky 7,262 photos, 323 members
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM 18,405 photos, 2,367 members
- Bird Perfect/Each Photo By Invite Only 10,881 photos, 2,024 members
- Project Weather 144,174 photos, 36,988 members
- * Birds inside and outside (post 1 ~ comment on 1) 129,611 photos, 4,747 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (a Step-up Group) 4,332 photos, 407 members
- Nature's Spirit (P1/A2) ~ by invitation 13,111 photos, 1,127 members
- Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye 2,739 photos, 356 members
- car shows 153,463 photos, 3,221 members
- Disney Fun and Games! 123,803 photos, 1,808 members
- FLICKR NATURE 846,112 photos, 15,473 members
- panoramas 266,459 photos, 36,181 members
- Canon EOS 5d mkiii 8,000 photos, 52 members
- Sagelight Image Editor 506 photos, 37 members
- Castles of the British Isles 10,992 photos, 2,067 members
- Yorkshire 128,396 photos, 3,615 members
- Cotswolds 10,294 photos, 828 members
- Cumbria and the Lake District 6,716 photos, 594 members
- Dana Point And Laguna Beach 1,786 photos, 36 members
- People in Nature, Nature in People 17,944 photos, 1,639 members
- North American Lake Management Society (NALMS) 394 photos, 39 members
- FlickrNova 76,481 photos, 1,834 members
- All Street Photography 338,257 photos, 6,849 members
- Any kind of wildlife/nature 91,047 photos, 1,400 members
- Colorado Wildflowers 3,079 photos, 218 members
- Astrophotography 80,735 photos, 12,158 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,792,662 photos, 80,942 members
- 5D Mark III only 13,369 photos, 447 members
- Dragonfly & Damselfly Moments 42,153 photos, 4,197 members
- Hummingbirds 37,221 photos, 4,319 members
Patricia Ware says:
"I'm not even sure how we became friends on Flickr, but I can't thank David enough for the help and support he has given me with my photography. I am fairly new to this wonderful hobby and have had a difficult time understanding how to get the exposure set correctly. So Dave not only explained it to me, but he also gave me links to various articles on the Internet which had even more detail.
He also gently critiques my work telling me how to set my camera to get the correct exposure. He taught me how to set the EV differently for various conditions. I usually take photos of birds, and white birds, he explained, need -EV to bring out their details, whereas black birds need +EV.
He always looks at what I've posted and if he marks it as a favorite, I know I've done well. Dave's the best!"
30th December, 2010
- David Stephens
- November 2007
- Jacksonville, FL
- Denver, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Financial risk manager
- UCM, Inc.