I'm MALE and TAKEN ( often by surprise), and a Londoner at heart by virtue of thirty odd years of life,love and work there. I love the anonymity and familiarity of the big city, but now I've upped and offed to a very different life. I'm just a snapper rather than a photographer - years (and years !) ago when I was a student I ran a Nikkormat and was well into the moody black and whites - but these days it's just a low rent consumer Olympus (delete) now Ricoh Caplio (delete) Panasonic TZ something and a love for, oooh...everything but especially : mountains, engineering, Citroëns ,things that have been designed beyond mere practicality, things with engines ,, cats & dogs
wine ,food, big skies, the sea,buildings ,mushrooms, history, IL2,ebay, ships and the men who sail in them,and of course what the other guys eye saw. Spend hours looking at other people's images.And wondering. And slightly disconcerted that life is so short.
Gon out. Bak son.
Photos of daviddb (6)
- [ | ] Ping Pong [ | ] pingpong fun 4,600 photos, 567 members
- Journey to the Old Orient 1,027 photos, 275 members
- Writing Machines 4,552 photos, 4,992 members
- The View Ahead 37 photos, 5 members
- Wine Related Photos from All Over the WORLD 23,360 photos, 3,717 members
- Wurms 81 photos, 41 members
- Citröen GS / GSA 935 photos, 82 members
- Dude, lookout! It's the Cops! 14,435 photos, 1,544 members
- Unfinished 58 photos, 28 members
- Cat Lovers 83,221 photos, 4,358 members
- things NOT made in China 779 photos, 91 members
- Interstate 10 187 photos, 35 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 3,524 photos, 738 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 11,088 photos, 3,455 members
- War Memorials 24,248 photos, 1,891 members
- Dry stone walls 4,381 photos, 536 members
- Ukulele 2,955 photos, 730 members
- British Army 7,005 photos, 404 members
- Lead-Delicious But Deadly! 316 photos, 46 members
- Economy Cars 3,035 photos, 57 members
- Vintage Indian Photos 112 photos, 28 members
- London Brick Company 755 photos, 29 members
- Bricks 21,624 photos, 2,891 members
- Annotated Work Spaces 2,017 photos, 1,412 members
- BORDER COUNTRY 2,246 photos, 106 members
- Sweden during the 50's and 60's 1,272 photos, 154 members
- Londonist 210,521 photos, 5,844 members
- Coventry (England) 1,562 photos, 39 members
- Cape Town 35,830 photos, 2,098 members
- Bournemouth Local History 1,321 photos, 35 members
- Ahhh La France !!! 98,451 photos, 3,193 members
- Old Belfast and Northern Ireland - Photographs taken before 2000 1,440 photos, 192 members
- Coventry History 247 photos, 13 members
- Sneaky Cats 1,228 photos, 179 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 357,332 photos, 1,935 members
- Innuendo in Advertising 636 photos, 248 members
- A photo record of the Royal Air Force upto the year 1995 875 photos, 26 members
- Imperial War Museum 1,986 photos, 242 members
- 19th and 20th Century Correspondence 1,593 photos, 129 members
- Gas and Steam Engines 9,971 photos, 382 members
- Sheffield is_ 455 photos, 34 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 22,619 photos, 5,356 members
- Pink cars - Voitures roses 2,641 photos, 283 members
- Pyrénées Orientales (66) ~ Catalunya Nord ~ 3,031 photos, 256 members
- Double Citroen 81 photos, 31 members
- Citroen SM 773 photos, 96 members
- full english 1,024 photos, 343 members
- Vintage Seaside 2,105 photos, 305 members
- olympic britain 2012 7,058 photos, 533 members
- WWOOF The World 275 photos, 24 members
Andy Martini says:
"On the face of it, Mister Daviddb would appear to be a gentleman who spends most of his days underneath beautiful yet ailing old vehicles, but beware of first impressions as his gimlet eye is never far from fixing upon those small delights often overlooked by the casual viewer. All this, the fact that he appears to have access to more than one kitchen plus his SHEER BLOODY ENTHUSIASM for the joy of the everyday makes him one very special Flickrino – he can poach me a curate’s egg any day (make that every day)"
30th March, 2012
"I have yet to write a testimonial for anyone... and seeing that this one is such a challenge, it may well be the only one I ever write...
So if I am bound to write only one, than I would like it to be yours, since you often leave me lost for words... usually just because you're comments make me laugh so much!!
You are, no doubt, my favourite commentator!
Always witty and always brighten up my day!
Thank you for your remarkable remarks :)"
5th November, 2008
"I'm not much for stringing words together, but this gent's posts are some of my most favorite in flickramaland."
6th January, 2007
- October 2005