I'm MALE and TAKEN ( often by surprise), and a Londoner at heart by virtue of thirty odd years of life,love and work there. I love the anonymity and familiarity of the big city, but now I've upped and offed to a very different life. I'm just a snapper rather than a photographer - years (and years !) ago when I was a student I ran a Nikkormat and was well into the moody black and whites - but these days it's just a low rent consumer Olympus (delete) now Ricoh Caplio (delete) Panasonic TZ something and a love for, oooh...everything but especially : mountains, engineering, Citroëns ,things that have been designed beyond mere practicality, things with engines ,, cats & dogs
wine ,food, big skies, the sea,buildings ,mushrooms, history, IL2,ebay, ships and the men who sail in them,and of course what the other guys eye saw. Spend hours looking at other people's images.And wondering. And slightly disconcerted that life is so short.
Gon out. Bak son.
Photos of daviddb (7)
- British Cars Photography 16,673 photos, 1,889 members
- Doors in the street 3,596 photos, 470 members
- Lidl 201 photos, 66 members
- Car Accidents 5,777 photos, 1,139 members
- Aircraft Recognition Silhouettes 451 photos, 11 members
- Casablanca Morocco 349 photos, 29 members
- morris minor enthusiasts 921 photos, 35 members
- haut conflent, pyrénées orientales, catalunya nord 4,049 photos, 75 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 4,065 photos, 136 members
- Only German Cars 40,080 photos, 2,224 members
- The Photographer Photographed (Must show CAMERA & PHOTOGRAPHER) 10,146 photos, 1,322 members
- candid eye contact 4,982 photos, 451 members
- Shonky Old Camper Vans 365 photos, 34 members
- Edinburgh Photographers 80,148 photos, 1,982 members
- SAAB photography 3,468 photos, 222 members
- Camera stores & photo shows! 1,486 photos, 214 members
- Window seat please 99,431 photos, 20,936 members
- Dartmouth Devon 2,093 photos, 240 members
- Canon Powershot G15 9,478 photos, 956 members
- Grocer's Apostrophe 1,099 photos, 490 members
- Total Rugby 11,930 photos, 150 members
- Just Street Photography 1,206,780 photos, 39,569 members
- Street PhotoClub 5,093 photos, 391 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 138,368 photos, 5,351 members
- Totnes 1,586 photos, 126 members
- Grey Funnel Line 2,034 photos, 59 members
- Volvo Amazon 2,913 photos, 352 members
- Catalunya profunda 6,622 photos, 160 members
- [ | ] Ping Pong [ | ] pingpong fun 4,524 photos, 563 members
- Journey to the Old Orient 1,215 photos, 290 members
- Writing Machines 4,800 photos, 6,819 members
- The View Ahead 102 photos, 11 members
- Wine Related Photos from All Over the WORLD 26,077 photos, 3,949 members
- Wurms 90 photos, 43 members
- Citröen GS / GSA 1,100 photos, 90 members
- Dude, lookout! It's the Cops! 14,883 photos, 1,547 members
- Unfinished 68 photos, 26 members
- Cat Lovers 88,633 photos, 4,506 members
- things NOT made in China 823 photos, 93 members
- Interstate 10 179 photos, 36 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 3,858 photos, 792 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 11,840 photos, 3,611 members
- War Memorials 25,080 photos, 1,946 members
- Dry stone walls 4,591 photos, 542 members
- Ukulele 3,036 photos, 758 members
- British Army 8,656 photos, 431 members
- Lead-Delicious But Deadly! 316 photos, 47 members
- Economy Cars 3,169 photos, 55 members
- Vintage Indian Photos 110 photos, 30 members
- London Brick Company 853 photos, 32 members
Andy Martini says:
"On the face of it, Mister Daviddb would appear to be a gentleman who spends most of his days underneath beautiful yet ailing old vehicles, but beware of first impressions as his gimlet eye is never far from fixing upon those small delights often overlooked by the casual viewer. All this, the fact that he appears to have access to more than one kitchen plus his SHEER BLOODY ENTHUSIASM for the joy of the everyday makes him one very special Flickrino – he can poach me a curate’s egg any day (make that every day)"
30th March, 2012
"I have yet to write a testimonial for anyone... and seeing that this one is such a challenge, it may well be the only one I ever write...
So if I am bound to write only one, than I would like it to be yours, since you often leave me lost for words... usually just because you're comments make me laugh so much!!
You are, no doubt, my favourite commentator!
Always witty and always brighten up my day!
Thank you for your remarkable remarks :)"
5th November, 2008
"I'm not much for stringing words together, but this gent's posts are some of my most favorite in flickramaland."
6th January, 2007
- October 2005