I'm MALE and TAKEN ( often by surprise), and a Londoner at heart by virtue of thirty odd years of life,love and work there. I love the anonymity and familiarity of the big city, but now I've upped and offed to a very different life. I'm just a snapper rather than a photographer - years (and years !) ago when I was a student I ran a Nikkormat and was well into the moody black and whites - but these days it's just a low rent consumer Olympus (delete) now Ricoh Caplio (delete) Panasonic TZ something and a love for, oooh...everything but especially : mountains, engineering, Citroëns ,things that have been designed beyond mere practicality, things with engines ,, cats & dogs
wine ,food, big skies, the sea,buildings ,mushrooms, history, IL2,ebay, ships and the men who sail in them,and of course what the other guys eye saw. Spend hours looking at other people's images.And wondering. And slightly disconcerted that life is so short.
Gon out. Bak son.
Photos of daviddb (7)
- Casablanca Morocco 341 photos, 29 members
- morris minor enthusiasts 910 photos, 34 members
- haut conflent, pyrénées orientales, catalunya nord 3,996 photos, 75 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 3,866 photos, 132 members
- Only German Cars 28,661 photos, 1,971 members
- The Photographer Photographed (Must show CAMERA & PHOTOGRAPHER) 9,712 photos, 1,277 members
- candid eye contact 3,420 photos, 315 members
- Shonky Old Camper Vans 324 photos, 31 members
- Edinburgh Photographers 76,715 photos, 1,930 members
- SAAB photography 3,444 photos, 220 members
- Camera stores & photo shows! 1,476 photos, 212 members
- Window seat please 96,514 photos, 19,188 members
- Dartmouth Devon 2,066 photos, 239 members
- Canon Powershot G15 7,362 photos, 820 members
- Grocer's Apostrophe 1,095 photos, 488 members
- Total Rugby 9,930 photos, 144 members
- Just Street Photography 1,141,859 photos, 38,347 members
- Street PhotoClub 2,707 photos, 214 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 128,930 photos, 5,071 members
- Totnes 1,556 photos, 125 members
- Grey Funnel Line 1,883 photos, 59 members
- Volvo Amazon 2,874 photos, 342 members
- Catalunya profunda 6,493 photos, 159 members
- [ | ] Ping Pong [ | ] pingpong fun 4,537 photos, 563 members
- Journey to the Old Orient 1,190 photos, 287 members
- Writing Machines 4,845 photos, 6,189 members
- The View Ahead 78 photos, 8 members
- Wine Related Photos from All Over the WORLD 25,368 photos, 3,874 members
- Wurms 86 photos, 42 members
- Citröen GS / GSA 1,040 photos, 88 members
- Dude, lookout! It's the Cops! 15,042 photos, 1,551 members
- Unfinished 66 photos, 27 members
- Cat Lovers 86,518 photos, 4,449 members
- things NOT made in China 811 photos, 93 members
- Interstate 10 177 photos, 34 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 3,691 photos, 768 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 11,601 photos, 3,552 members
- War Memorials 24,729 photos, 1,930 members
- Dry stone walls 4,503 photos, 538 members
- Ukulele 3,014 photos, 746 members
- British Army 8,274 photos, 425 members
- Lead-Delicious But Deadly! 316 photos, 47 members
- Economy Cars 3,138 photos, 55 members
- Vintage Indian Photos 105 photos, 31 members
- London Brick Company 829 photos, 31 members
- Bricks 22,977 photos, 2,946 members
- Annotated Work Spaces 1,977 photos, 1,424 members
- BORDER COUNTRY 2,291 photos, 119 members
- Sweden during the 50's and 60's 1,323 photos, 161 members
- Londonist 233,227 photos, 6,145 members
Andy Martini says:
"On the face of it, Mister Daviddb would appear to be a gentleman who spends most of his days underneath beautiful yet ailing old vehicles, but beware of first impressions as his gimlet eye is never far from fixing upon those small delights often overlooked by the casual viewer. All this, the fact that he appears to have access to more than one kitchen plus his SHEER BLOODY ENTHUSIASM for the joy of the everyday makes him one very special Flickrino – he can poach me a curate’s egg any day (make that every day)"
30th March, 2012
"I have yet to write a testimonial for anyone... and seeing that this one is such a challenge, it may well be the only one I ever write...
So if I am bound to write only one, than I would like it to be yours, since you often leave me lost for words... usually just because you're comments make me laugh so much!!
You are, no doubt, my favourite commentator!
Always witty and always brighten up my day!
Thank you for your remarkable remarks :)"
5th November, 2008
"I'm not much for stringing words together, but this gent's posts are some of my most favorite in flickramaland."
6th January, 2007
- October 2005