My partner and I live with our two young daughters in sunny Kiama, NSW, Australia.
I shoot with a Nikon D800 and D700 but increasingly seem to choose my FujiFilm X100s as weapon of choice. Here are my posts about the FujiFilm X100s and a Flickr set. I am also a keen about iPhoneography and am experimenting with an 8GB Lytro. Here's a recently written blog post about this innovative camera.
My latest lens is the Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 with the SW-150 Lee filtering system. My favourite lens is my 105mm f/2.8 Nikkor Micro (with Kenko tubes) to get totally macro or the Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II. I also have a very nice Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8, the Sigma 150-500mm, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 70-300mm and an old 28-200mm for my FX camera. I recently obtained a secondhand f/2.8 16mm fisheye lens for some experimentation.
My DX lenses for my Nikon D90 include: Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8, and two Nikkor kit lenses, the 17-55mm and 55-200mm.
I covet more lenses of course but am especially keen for a both the 50mm and 85mm both at f/1.4 for portraiture.
I did have some enthusiastm for HDR photography but sense that is waining.
Here's an article I wrote about learning photography.
You can read all my recent photography posts here.
I am on twitter: twitter.com/Darcy1968 and Google+.
Please email if you'd like to use my photos for commercial reasons or need some photos taken. I will likely say yes.
Here's my photography Facebook page.
My equipment listed at www.nikonians.org/:
Nikon Main Bodies D800 and D700
Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D
Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.8D
AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
Nikkor AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II AF-S ED-IF
AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR lens
Sigma APO 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM
Nikkor f/2.8 16mm fisheye
Other Lenses for my 'spare' D90 body:
Tokina Tokina AT-X116PRDXN AT-X PRO DX 11-16mm Ultra-wide Angle Lens f2.8
AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II DX lens
AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control D700
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Cord for D90
Micro/Macro Focusing Rail
Kenko DG Auto Extension Tube Set for Nikon AF Mount
SW-150 Lee Filter System for 14-24mm Nikon with Soft and Hard Grads (0.6) + Neutral Density filters
Seven5Micro Lee Filter System for X100s with 'Big Stopper', Circular Polariser, Soft and Hard Grads (0.6)
Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod
Manfrotto Befree with ball head
SB-700 Nikon Speedlight
Clik Elite Venture 30
Lowepro Slingshot 350 AW
Manfrotto MBAG80 Tripod Bag
- Sad Nature Images 13,132 photos, 1,694 members
- in explore 156,507 photos, 10,465 members
- Iceland.is - The official gateway to Iceland 1,900 photos, 263 members
- Hobbiton 145 photos, 18 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,683 photos, 15,152 members
- Caffeinated Beverages 92 photos, 19 members
- Presetpond 177 photos, 313 members
- Amazing scenery 24,933 photos, 1,081 members
- InteresTHINGS 1,971 photos, 84 members
- Vision sound 33,669 photos, 1,802 members
- Universal Art 89,758 photos, 2,683 members
- B+W Long Exposure 6,988 photos, 887 members
- The Big Stopper 5,884 photos, 772 members
- The Lee 10 Stop 'Big Stopper' & B&W 110 14,674 photos, 2,145 members
- Australia Votes 2013 203 photos, 14 members
- Silver Efex Pro 44,086 photos, 2,323 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 159,604 photos, 6,706 members
- Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 13,971 photos, 769 members
- Topaz Restyle 117 photos, 25 members
- D800 Nikon 25,531 photos, 1,453 members
- ★★ Nikon D800 - Nikon D800E - Images 59,704 photos, 2,308 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II 26,876 photos, 1,991 members
- Nikon D800/D800E CLUB 70,409 photos, 2,447 members
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S 38,791 photos, 3,830 members
- Nikon 24-70 mm Nikkor lens - photos and opinions 87,858 photos, 5,433 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 210,580 photos, 10,729 members
- Cordillera Cantábrica - Picos de Europa 5,887 photos, 369 members
- Your Kew 23,815 photos, 1,221 members
- Kew Gardens 16,365 photos, 1,494 members
- Cumbria and the Lake District 6,665 photos, 594 members
- Cumbria - Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty 3,295 photos, 214 members
- The Lake District UK 66,217 photos, 5,989 members
- Mountains & Clouds 72,373 photos, 7,430 members
- The British Countryside 268,661 photos, 7,165 members
- The Long Exposure 7,368 photos, 1,042 members
- Long Exposure 572,244 photos, 53,430 members
- Flickr Camera Museum 23,468 photos, 1,497 members
- Aesthetic Alliance ( Invitation Only ) 11,434 photos, 1,136 members
- Fujifilm X100S Challenge 9,879 photos, 386 members
- LEE Filters 31,049 photos, 2,842 members
- RSS - Really Simple Syndication 155 photos, 26 members
- brilliant flickr 29,233 photos, 1,860 members
- kidrobot 18,797 photos, 2,377 members
- Graffiti / Street Art 692,030 photos, 16,404 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 377,534 photos, 22,503 members
- FUJIFILM X STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 26,079 photos, 1,286 members
- Fuji X100s Enthusiasts 12,527 photos, 639 members
- Fujifilm X Square 2,772 photos, 224 members
- Photos of Fujifilm X100 & X100S 778 photos, 331 members
- Fuji x100s 47,081 photos, 4,716 members
Darcy Moore doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Darcy Moore
- July 2008
- Kiama, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Deputy Principal
- Darcy Moore's Blog