I am A very busy mom and businessowner, who has recently discovered a passion for photography.
I love to take pictures,.....but I really love to stay up all hours of the night "photoshopping"...(Is that a word???).I have only been doing this for 2 years now, and I am self taught....Anyone wanting to learn should join the Photoshop Support Group. This group is the reason I have learned PS so quickly..... Thanks to the Gator!
I do many shoots of people other then myself, and the only reason I started taking self portraits, was because I was always an available model.
.Most of my selfies are done because I am learning a new technique in photoshop and I want to see it put into action, but some are strictly for the hell of it!!
Many of my contacts say my self portraits look VERY different from each other, a few call me a " shape shifter " of sorts....
I went to school on scholarship for music Theater....I played many roles and dressed up portraying different characters.
I bring my love of the theater to my flickr stream and I hope you find amusement, and entertainment in these many different characters...
I would like to thank, the contacts and friends I've met over these years for their help and support. You have been wonderful and I strive to be better because of you!!!
My best friend on flikr is a Chick
Child Portraiture: Daneli Photography
Staffordshire Bull Terriers: Crackerstaffs
Weddings, Engagements, and Specialty Photography: Sugarbelle
- Focus on Beauty (Admin-Invite) 18,541 photos, 1,463 members
- Wedding Photography Business 22,556 photos, 3,814 members
- Jerkin' The Dance 50 photos, 32 members
- ~ CONTACT GROUP ~ (Post 1 / Award 5) 124,582 photos, 6,241 members
- My Face is My Canvas 7,343 photos, 1,248 members
- Pure hearts 18,555 photos, 1,357 members
- WANE Magazine 866 photos, 1,185 members
- Selfies, the un-365 kind ♥ Please give 2 comments ♥ Thanks 1,657 photos, 194 members
- charity art show 295 photos, 275 members
- The Lords of Photo-Stitching 7,294 photos, 863 members
- Innamoramento (Admin Invite Only) Comment 2 Please 20,126 photos, 608 members
- Question Your Truth 33 photos, 122 members
- Flickr API 804 photos, 13,889 members
- The Bauhaus Rendez-Vous 200 photos, 137 members
- ricami su sfondo cielo 2,018 photos, 316 members
- We Demand Donuts: 2,228 photos, 3,295 members
- Fictitious Reality 21- Soleá Exhibition 26 photos, 497 members
- "Hi, I'm...." Videos 304 photos, 935 members
- FRAMEs & BORDERs for use 1,459 photos, 1,069 members
- 700+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 85 photos, 246 members
- 400+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 557 photos, 457 members
- 500+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 339 photos, 366 members
- 10 FEET HIGH ( INVITED IMAGES 10+FAVS / COMMENT ON2 ) 453 photos, 105 members
- Stunned by Beauty 35,633 photos, 1,673 members
- Ten Friends 33,803 photos, 6,030 members
- Artistic Treasure Chest (NO SOOC or SNAP SHOTS) 35,713 photos, 2,240 members
- ~ Flickr's Finest (100+ Faves Only) ~ 7,721 photos, 783 members
- She Spoke Softly 2,609 photos, 206 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 11,479 photos, 1,791 members
- * GreatManipulART * 3,188 photos, 162 members
- Half Nekkid Fridays (À poil !)-½ naked creative self portraits 3,198 photos, 684 members
- PHOTOICON MAGAZINE 9,977 photos, 790 members
- Trésors Artistiques CLOSING-SO SORRY TO SAY GOODBYE 12,954 photos, 732 members
- Tumi Quality Photography ( ADMIN INVITE Only / Post 1 Award 3 3,717 photos, 214 members
- Luce Exprimendi - Admins invite only 821 photos, 168 members
- Point of View (Admin. Invite) Post 1-Award 1 33,053 photos, 2,113 members
- Magnum Opus! [ Admin Invite Only ] 40+ Faved 8,161 photos, 556 members
- soul of photography(invited only/COMMENT AND FAVE ON 2) 758 photos, 350 members
- The DaVinci Touch - Extraordinary Photos 15,071 photos, 1,283 members
- Photosound 8,885 photos, 377 members
- Green Tea Gallery 2,650 photos, 1,174 members
- Ethereal World 17,995 photos, 1,835 members
- In Her Own Image...fspasg book 2 125 photos, 71 members
- Behind A Mask... 312 photos, 231 members
- Retouch Magic - Photo Manipulation and Retouching 39,178 photos, 4,994 members
- Tom McFarlane - A Tribute 0 photos, 4 members
- >INSPIRE Collective 130,032 photos, 4,442 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 62,369 photos, 10,321 members
- Tell a story in 5 frames (Visual story telling) 195 photos, 12,705 members
- Flickr 888 4,804 photos, 10,371 members
"Dana is one of the best selfportraiter in Flickr. She mastered with imagination artistic selfportraiture in surreal and fantasist way, creating always a theatrical atmosphere that keep you waiting for her inspiring ideas. I like her vivid colors as well as her nicely tune of B&W. She can as well sing with talent and answer back with a great sense of witt and humor to your comment. She is a very talented person who seem to be very happy in life ... Thanks Dana for this "joie de vivre"..."
20th February, 2009
"Dana, simply put iz one of da best Artists on flickr. Her use of light, textures and herself r truly Remarkable. One of my Fav Photographers,
my Friend Daneli."
17th January, 2009
Bill Adams says:
"In my opinion, Dana is the most creative and uniquely talented portrait artist in all the world.
She's also exceptionally intelligent, witty and over-the-top beautiful.
If I were younger, and she lived closer and wasn't married and didn't snore, I'd propose marriage to her in a New York minute."
20th November, 2008
"Dana has character, it is very good and beautiful.
I like as it uses the lights and the colors.
I adore You!"
11th February, 2008
Brad Van Slooten says:
"Dana’s art work here on Flickr is priceless. She continues to astonish us all with images that come from the heart, soul, and her endless imagination.
To give full disclosure on her art and what it means to me...I would like to tell you that I always look for her images first, second, or third when I see my contact pane. It's has more to do with her talent than anything else--and yes the cream rises to the top :)) (I have about 4 to 5 standout photographic artists from Flickr I always search for first).
There’s good reason for her being on the top of my searches—her images have a natural and unimpeded style that I truly treasure. We see images from her that just sparkle and have a transcendent magical quality to them. There’s a lot of work to digest in her portfolio, but these images she produces come out polished and very professionally done.
Furthermore, she is very diverse, versatile and multi-faceted in her portfolio. It appears that we see something new and unique in her new postings. I like that. That keeps things interesting for the audience and it also gives full credibility that this is a very serious and highly creative thinking artist.
One of the great talents that Dana has is that she has a wonderful and very deep vocabulary of shots. What she does with the camera is incredibly sophisticated and her direction of knowing where to put the camera at all times can never quite appear to be second guessed.
You never see a camera place in a arbitrary position. She will shoot low, high, dutch, close up, MCU, long shots, etc.
I love the feeling that you are being manipulated by an artist. That is, the artist is taking you on an adventure of his or her own inner creative and deep imaginations. To further that note, Dana will tell stories in her photos. They have something to say more often times than not and we really get to have a chance to have our imagination’s run wild. She let's us ponder over something and think.
Another attribute she gives us is her incredible use of colour and texture. There are some great artists here on Flickr who have mastered this crucial skill and I can honestly say with a great degree of sincereity that Dana is right up there with the best of them when producing images that have wonderful exotic texures and colours that not only blend well, but more importantly have a meaning in the image.
I love when a photographer uses all her tools in her box and implements them according to plan. It appears that she does that because I don't see really any point and shoot style with her art.
I truly believe that you are going to witness and experience something very special as you look at her art. I sure have."
9th December, 2007
"Dana never fails to amaze me with her wonderful work of art. It is really impressive to see how different her view on the world is... she creates her own wonderful world of imagination and that connected to an outstanding quality . It is a joy to visit her photo stream again and again !"
8th August, 2007
"Dana, is a sweet and busy mom and businessowner as well. But that doesn't say it all! She also an amazing good photographer. Her portfolio shows it all where she explores herself into her own made world. She is beautiful and put so much creativity in her work. I just wish I could have 10% of her creativity!!! She's one of my favourite flickr friend, always leaving feedback /comments. An adorable fun lady to have as contact. Daneli is my fave!"
19th June, 2007
"It's a real joy to browse through your portfolio!
Flickr is very average but your pictures are unique, continue to follow your own way, it's superbe with a rare elegance."
12th June, 2007
Anna Osk says:
"What can I say..this woman knows how to photograph..and she has such a lovely artistic way!
Always like to check out her newest stuff...never get disapointed!
18th May, 2007
Haggis Chick says:
"Well I'm not sure what to say here apart from WOW, WOW, WOW. I can't believe I haven't written a testimonial before now.
Dana's work is incredible, she's annoyingly creative, beautiful and very very taleneted and I'm jealous :-). Every time I see one of her pictures I think "damn how does she do that"! She's a very supportive flickr friend who often visists your stream leaving supportive and constructive feedback/comments and I'm gald I came across her stream. If you don't add her as a contact now then your mad. This woman is fantastic with a camera and photoshop.
I don't think I like you any more Dana hee hee!!!!!! (ooh ok I love ya really!)"
27th April, 2007
- Dana Ashton France
- June 2006
- USA, FLORIDA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Daneli Photography
- danamfrance [at] gmail.com