Total Escape is DanaMite's California creation. The independent travel source for the golden state and all the glorious back roads. Celebrating 15 years online!
Camping & outdoors are my passion. So much so, that I gave up my 3D animation career a decade ago to create my own web site on California, exploring the back roads. My lil Nikon Coolpix 950 camera kept me working hard for almost 12 years; Summer 2011 update After unsuccessfully searching for more CF memory while traveling 'on the road', I just gave up on the old skool and bought a new NIKON Coolpix L120 in Susanville (of all places).
The last 2 decades I have been traveling, camping, hiking, off-roading & compiling a visual & informational database featuring mostly rural California. Vacation spots & weekend adventures. Best parks, small towns, lakes, forests, rivers, trails.... a hell-of-a-lotta dirt roads, plus some 4x4 routes. Photos of real places & real content about real California. Yes, you can drive on past the factory outlet malls and casinos.
Next weekend make it all outside!
totalescape.com/gear - California Gear
totalescape.blogspot.com - Well Off the Beaten Path
Thanks to all who have contributed! Many of my flickr contacts listed below have graciously allowed me to post their unique California photos on my awesome travel site, Total Escape. When cruising all the small towns A-Z, you will notice these.
If you have an awesome shot of California and would like to have it featured online with Total Escape - just lemme know via flickr mail.
- Arnold Rim Trail 259 photos, 10 members
- KINGSBURG CALIFORNIA 234 photos, 9 members
- Nikon Coolpix L120 2,569 photos, 139 members
- Yes on Prop 37: Label GMO 33 photos, 17 members
- Right2Know About GMOs 608 photos, 61 members
- World Food Day, Rally for the Right to Know 91 photos, 3 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 15,839 photos, 675 members
- 4x4 Adventures 3,508 photos, 291 members
- Best of Yosemite 1,673 photos, 216 members
- my wilderness weekend 19 photos, 24 members
- Lakes of the Inland Empire 732 photos, 49 members
- Yosemite Falls 660 photos, 123 members
- Curioso en definitiva 599 photos, 46 members
- Davenport, California 900 photos, 160 members
- Bishop Ca 989 photos, 85 members
- Kern County Photographers 14,022 photos, 206 members
- Let's Be More Nature! 1,506 photos, 51 members
- San Luis Obispo County Wildflowers 536 photos, 53 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 14,172 photos, 6,194 members
- I Love Camping and Hiking! 1,088 photos, 179 members
- Kern County Photographers Wildflower and Nature Chapter 903 photos, 35 members
- Earth From the Air 11,916 photos, 1,117 members
- Randsburg: The Living Ghost Town 96 photos, 23 members
- San Francisco 224,857 photos, 13,710 members
- Santa Cruz Mountains 2,113 photos, 193 members
- Nevada 19,410 photos, 725 members
- cafe 34,858 photos, 5,407 members
- The Vanishing Night ( A Light Pollution Group) 6,006 photos, 903 members
- Kern County, CA USA 3,209 photos, 134 members
- Examiner Travel Group 2,825 photos, 203 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 431,930 photos, 100,327 members
- Eastern Sierra Fall Color 1,987 photos, 224 members
- Hotels 53,366 photos, 5,063 members
- California Sierra Mountain Shots 2,974 photos, 308 members
- Autumn in California 219 photos, 23 members
- Camping around the world 4,555 photos, 603 members
- Kings Canyon National Park 411 photos, 68 members
- Northern California Photography 130,911 photos, 4,461 members
- Death Valley and SW Nevada Flickr Meet-Up Group 0 photos, 15 members
- The Toilet Tent 190 photos, 24 members
- Zion National Park 9,456 photos, 1,318 members
- Subaru 26,541 photos, 3,242 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 300,710 photos, 31,308 members
- On the Road - taken from your car window 16,290 photos, 1,339 members
- The Singles Bar - now open 1,093 photos, 992 members
- MexicaliBlog 3,668 photos, 222 members
- Single Tree Photos 3,537 photos, 758 members
- California Bridges 1,590 photos, 112 members
- Cartography 3,494 photos, 688 members
- Visiting Historic California 1,127 photos, 111 members
Apple Crisp says:
"Dana's beautiful photos take us all over the back roads of California and give us just a taste of her extensive explorations. She's got a great eye and a distinctive appreciation of the details that make travel such a rewarding experience. Her photos demonstrate her love of nature and the older, smaller towns that many never see. This is where her heart is and it shows.
If you haven't visited her site, it's time! Total Escape is full of exciting ideas for traveling and exploring California.
Thanks for your wonderful photos, Dana! And we hope to see you on your next trip north!"
13th September, 2009
- Dana Mite
- December 2006
- Pismo Beach CA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Single
- camp diva & web geekett
- Total Escape