My commercial work keeps me afloat but my nature photography lifts my spirits high. I hope you enjoy my Macro work, a fraction of how much I enjoy taking them. Every time I look at a creature up close, I feel like I've just discovered a new species.
It has been a great pleasure to meet you all.
If you like to learn from one another, discus photos, techniques and ideas, or, play a fun but judicious game, please join us at www.flickr.com/groups/Mega_Shots/ And if you are interested in giving and receiving quality feed backs on your photos, please check this out.
You may also check here and you may find something interesting to read.
If I you put me on your contact list and I do not reciprocate, it's only because I like to keep my contact list manageable and be able to view and comment on my contacts images. But be assured that if you comment on my images, it will always be returned.
Photos of Cyrus khamak (4)
- Insects Flight 102 photos, 48 members
- Nature Photo Close-Up - 3 per day 9,316 photos, 336 members
- Constructive Critiques--Let's be honest. 1 photo, 9 members
- COLORS OF THE SOUL ♡Post 1 - Comment 2♡ 29,929 photos, 2,604 members
- Colour Art Awards -=Post 1, Award 3=- (Colours ONLY) 371,062 photos, 25,676 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 57,482 photos, 5,217 members
- Saariy'sQualityPictures. Respect to group rules.Comment & Fave2 34,388 photos, 2,046 members
- Absolute BLACKandWHITE! [Admin Approval] P1: C1 5,961 photos, 1,093 members
- ! * THE BEAUTY OF NATURE_ ### Post 1,Award &Fav 3 please ### 14,974 photos, 1,209 members
- Flickr Special- Post 1- Give 5 Comments 217,950 photos, 12,945 members
- 800+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 80 photos, 184 members
- 700+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 64 photos, 222 members
- The Pictorial Story 38 photos, 30 members
- A Nobel Life 36,582 photos, 1,621 members
- EMPYREAN FLORA-only invite 32,412 photos, 4,754 members
- *Music To My Eyes* ~~ 7 Levels ~~ Active Sweeper ! ~~ P1 A5 ~~~ 762,114 photos, 26,470 members
- Perfect portraiture (post 1 award and comment 2) 4,232 photos, 735 members
- Elite Photography (Post 1 Award 1 Fave 1) 116,883 photos, 5,951 members
- Group Without An Interesting Name (GWAIN) (Invitation only) 376 photos, 306 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 5,315 photos, 1,077 members
- 600+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 171 photos, 253 members
- Whimsies, Flares and Echoes 10,221 photos, 1,959 members
- 400+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 351 photos, 414 members
- Mega Shot Nature Collection, INVITE ONLY add one Fave 3, Invites 14 photos, 25 members
- Mega Shot Collection, Post 1, Fave 3 by Invite Only 235 photos, 120 members
- PicturePerfect (INVITE ONLY) 38,439 photos, 6,974 members
- MACRO MIX ( Post 1 - Comment 5.) Comment On Any Five Please!!! 77,054 photos, 5,376 members
- Vivid Masters 2,914 photos, 1,194 members
- Lilith´s ART 449 photos, 163 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 468,959 photos, 44,639 members
- Catchy Colors 3,094,342 photos, 108,584 members
- ***Vivid (Post 1- Award 3) 104,803 photos, 8,824 members
- Ultimate GOLD (Post 1 - Give 5 Gold Stars) 183,094 photos, 9,772 members
- Flickr Sun (Post 1 - Give 5 Suns) 156,949 photos, 9,459 members
- 200+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 2,438 photos, 976 members
- Global Village 2 - CLOSED 218,786 photos, 14,884 members
- .Super A+++ Photo group (Post 1, Award 2)-by Invitation Only 38,219 photos, 7,652 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 331,510 photos, 24,018 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 293,653 photos, 29,686 members
- The 25% MagicDonkey Solution 2,142 photos, 473 members
- Compound Eyes ( Faceted Eyes ) 1,490 photos, 147 members
- Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts - Sweeper Active! 708,066 photos, 35,571 members
- Make it a Mega Shot 7,809 photos, 1,010 members
- HDR Panoramas 18,542 photos, 5,020 members
- *Karma* 727,434 photos, 15,913 members
- Creative Child Photography 201,107 photos, 19,821 members
- MagicDonkey 9,913 photos, 1,083 members
- *** Flickr's Most Creative Shots *** 2,195 photos, 220 members
- The Other Village - (Post 1 Award 4) 125,034 photos, 7,477 members
- "A" Class (Please,comment 2) / Pls, Comment immediately. 509,938 photos, 21,779 members
Bill Wight CA says:
"I live some twelve hundred miles from my grandsons. I often pick a topic and put together a story with photos and send it to them. For my story on reptiles and amphibians, I came across Cryrus' beautiful lizards and frogs. I don't think I've even seen more beautiful animal photographs. This man is a true artist with his camera. His images should be on the covers of magazines. They not only show exquisite detail, the lighting makes them art."
13th August, 2008
"Cyrus' contribution to flickr is not only related to his sharp and colourful macros. Indeed, after looking at them I have finally decided to acquire one macro lens and try to follow his steps!
It is also a pleasure to visit regularly the group he administrates, Megashot, and discover so many valuable pieces of art. Thanks, Cyrus and collaborators, for preserving the sanctuary and allowing us to learn from such a fantastic selection of talent."
13th July, 2008
Rafik Kamel says:
"Well, i go back with Cyrus a few years ago from PN when it all started with exchanging a few comments and emailing each other. Now about Cyrus; my testimonial for him will be 2 parts; 1. how a great photographer he is and 2. his dedication to helping other people into the most detailed issues about photography.
Part 1; I think that Cyrus has one of the most outstanding macro photography skills on this earth (at least compared to the thousands of shots that i have seen online on numerous sites). In a world of macro gurus where people are fighting and sweating in a competition for details, Cyrus manages to master those details in addition to adding marvelous aesthetics to the shots. I have to honestly say that i have seen a lot of macro shots with excellent details, but none of them combines that aesthetic element into them the way that Cyrus does. I personaly think that photography is more of an art than a science, and without that aesthetic element in a shot (even if it has very fine details) one would be missing a crucial pillar of photography.
Part 2; people who usually possess superior knowledge or trade secrets in any field of life tend to keep it to themselves, this is not the case with Cyrus. I have to admit that he has a keen dedication to tutor people on the minute details of photography (lighting, colors, technique) without sparing anything or keeping anything hidden from you. HE WILL TELL YOU ALL. He has been extremely helpful to my photography, i usually get back to him on shooting tips, advise for editing, even before buying gadgets :). I think that this quality and his dedication and patience for helping others is what really makes him stands out among numerous photographers online who won't agree to share the smallest lighting techniques or tricks that they use. I owe some 99% of my improvement in photography during the last few years to Cyrus. I know that some people may look at my shots now on flickr and say that they are nice, but you should have seen my photography when i started to see the difference,lol.
Thank you Cyrus for all your help and for being a very good freind as well.
3rd July, 2008
"Cyrus , you are one of my very few favorites admins ,you have your own style in photography ,and your group is one of the best ,and quite demanding here in flickr.......and thank you for your support
25th April, 2008
"Cyrus is a great photographer. His macro shots are insanely incredibly good. He is also a very good friend that I have on flickr. He is always being supportive and kind. I am so glad that I met him on flickr.
19th March, 2008
Roberto F. says:
"I consider myself very lucky to have met Cyrus on Flickr some time ago. Everybody can immediately see what a great photographer he is just looking at the masterpieces in his photostream. What persons must know, is that he puts a lot of time and efforts to help, encourage and support people in this community, with his experience. He did it with me, and with a lot of other persons. Thank you, my friend, because are persons like you that makes Flickr such an interesting place!
Your friend Roberto."
9th March, 2008
Rareimage Photography says:
"I had to write a testimonial about Cyrus. First he is brilliant in displaying his art. He knows how to capture a photograph in excellent form. If you want help he is a master in that also. He is so patience and kind as such a human being should be. I am absolutely honored to have met him on flickr. His group isn't just for displaying high rated photos but works of art. I have learned so very much knowing him. Being in his group means to keep trying harder to get the best photo. If you can't keep trying to be the best than his group isn't for you. We are all willing to do our best and if that is what you want than get invited to his group and follow the simply rules. His team is so intelligent!! A sure pleasure to be there and getting so much knowledge in the world of photography. Thank you Cyrus for the man you are.....:)
Rhonda- Rareimage Photography"
7th October, 2007
"I SEE IN HIS PHOTOS AMAIZING THINGS
I ENJOY IN HIS FANTASTIC SHOT
MY FREIND YOU ARE KING OF THE GREAT CUPTURE S
14th September, 2007
"A gentleman and a scholar I'd say. And one of the most supportive generous teachers on Flickr. He is a brilliant technical photographer with very high standards, but still has time for beginners like myself who are stumbling along trying to learn photoshop, camera modes and shutter speeds etc etc. The group he formed "Make It a MegaShot" for teaching and helping others shows just how much he loves photgraphy. Not only is he one of the best photographers around, he is also a born teacher. Read some of his tutorials and you will know how many years he has been studying.
To me he is one one the most generous people on Flickr and a good friend who has been so encouraging."
9th July, 2007
I just discovered him, after his recent visit.
From the exhibits here, I can see that he is very talented in Imaging Arts. Especially in the Macro segments.
I need no more word to say how good he is.
It is ?"No Word" is the "Best Word" Here.
To me you are a great imaging artist.
Thank you for your kindness & loving & sharing attitude to the web community.
You are great.
I appreciate your everything!!"
31st May, 2007
Nicolas Moulin (Nimou) says:
"A voir absolument. Genial. La macro entre le monde reel et le monde de la bande dessinée. Un contraste de couleur que se transforme en monde de fantaisie."
3rd May, 2007
Fort Photo says:
"Cyrus is a welcome addition to the flickr community. Not only will his expert photography amaze and inspire, he is also into sharing techniques and ideas so we all can become better photographers. I've had the pleasure to be a part of some great photography discussions with Cyrus and can say without reservation that he really knows his stuff.
Be sure to check out his macro work, it's some of the strongest on flickr. His love for nature informs his work and turns it into fine art. Cyrus deserves much more exposure than he currently gets, be sure to visit his photostream again and again!"
1st May, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Cyrus is a brilliant photographer - and one quick run through his photostream will confirm that fact. He has a masterful use of color and light and his macro photography is as good as you'll find anywhere. He has a true gift behind the lens.
However, what you might not know is that this gentleman is a class act who takes the time to encourage other's efforts and who is always will to answer a question about how a shot was staged and lighted.
Flickr is a better place because of the involvement of this talented man."
23rd March, 2007
bleuet / Anne-Marie says:
"Attention ! Vous pénétrez ici dans un espace différent… Allez !… Pressez le bouton !... et apprêtez-vous à recevoir un choc : vous allez découvrir la plus haute qualité qui se puisse trouver sur flickr ; mais… je vous préviens, ce n’est pas sans danger : Jetez juste un coup d’œil sur une photo de Cyrus et vous ressemblerez immédiatement à ce stupide personnage de cartoon à la langue pendante et aux yeux exorbités, bavant d’envie devant une telle merveille…
Je suis folle de jalousie !!! :-D
Mais tout ceci doit rester entre nous, je ne le lui dirai jamais : il ne m’aimerait plus comme avant s’il savait ! ;-)
Cyrus, tu es un GENIE ! :-)
Look out! You enter here in a different space... Come on!... Press the button!... and be ready to be in shock: you will discover the highest quality which can be found on flickr ; but... I warn you, it’s not without danger : Just have a look on a Cyrus’ photograph and you will immediately look like this stupid cartoon character with your tongue hanging out and your eyes out on stalks, drooling over such a wonder...
I am madly jealous !!! :-D
But all this must remain between us, I will never tell him : he wouldn’t love me like before if he knew! ;-)
Cyrus, you are a GENIUS ! :-)"
21st March, 2007
- Cyrus Khamak
- January 2007
- I am: