Thank you for looking at my work.
I've been interested in photography since I was a boy growing up in the Netherlands, and still love to shoot any subject that catches my eye. I have a soft spot for old film cameras (especially Olympus,) but I use digital as well. Both have their place.
My work has appeared in various publications and websites, and in the following books:
“New York City Yesterday and Today” by Linda Tagliaferro; Publications International; 2009.
“Building New York – The Rise and Fall of the Greatest City on Earth” by Bruce Mashall.
Universe Publishing, a division of Rizzoli International; 2005.
"Central Park NYC - An Architectural View"
by Andrew Zega and Bernd H. Dams
Rizzoli, New York 2013.
My wife and I wife reside in New York City, a place that offers endless possibilities for a photographer.
All photos © Cornelis Verwaal. All rights reserved.
My Photo Blog
My Facebook page
Photos of CVerwaal (10)
- RICOH GR with 16.2MP APS-C CMOS aka Pentax Ricoh IMAGING GR 7,481 photos, 488 members
- Inviting Images 4,283 photos, 121 members
- Olympus 12mm f/2 Micro Four Thirds Lens 5,275 photos, 411 members
- Panasonic Lumix 8mm fish-eye 529 photos, 75 members
- Panasonic Lumix 14mm f2.5 ASPH. pancake 12,762 photos, 1,333 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 8,985 photos, 925 members
- Friends of the High Line 20,007 photos, 2,061 members
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300 f4.0-5.6 Mega OIS 4,723 photos, 275 members
- Olympus M. Zuiko 12mm f/2.0 7,538 photos, 497 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f/1.8 4,607 photos, 621 members
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus µFT 22,760 photos, 1,673 members
- T-POP T-POOP! 118 photos, 36 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro 4,490 photos, 503 members
- µ[mju:]-II 29,820 photos, 2,579 members
- Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8 | BCL-1580 1,663 photos, 385 members
- OMD EM5 with manual lens 3,021 photos, 163 members
- Olympus Tough TG-2 and TG-1 iHS 4,222 photos, 285 members
- elegance in art, graphics and design 23,120 photos, 269 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 13,052 photos, 2,492 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 & E-M5 65,872 photos, 2,836 members
- Olympus Compacts 13,411 photos, 739 members
- GreenNYC 657 photos, 296 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 148,064 photos, 6,475 members
- *Umbrella* 4,339 photos, 1,585 members
- Hipstamatic 291,250 photos, 16,643 members
- Canon PowerShot S100 19,952 photos, 1,567 members
- Olympus OM-D Original (3xO) 45,700 photos, 859 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 and E-M5 user 146,132 photos, 6,563 members
- Girls With Mobile Phones 9,179 photos, 1,160 members
- Castles from the world. 53,982 photos, 4,458 members
- Show Off Your Micro 4/3 Camera 1,346 photos, 481 members
- The Digital Story - Digital Photography Public Group 34,474 photos, 2,630 members
- Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group 30,881 photos, 601 members
- Panasonic Micro and Four Thirds Photographers 69,349 photos, 2,344 members
- The Panasonic G3 18,451 photos, 831 members
- Canon AE1 41,060 photos, 3,873 members
- New York City Landmarks & Icons 80,318 photos, 7,066 members
- Grainy Pleasures 24,217 photos, 859 members
- Artistic Perspectives 35,235 photos, 1,224 members
- One a Day 157,149 photos, 3,628 members
- Konica Auto S2 2,316 photos, 354 members
- Amici della Street Photography 7,769 photos, 348 members
- Silver Efex Pro 41,487 photos, 2,277 members
- Micro Four Thirds cameras using alternative & legacy lenses 57,352 photos, 2,629 members
- New York City through Its People 370 photos, 94 members
- Crazy Shadows - Ombre Pazze 5,290 photos, 393 members
- Calder: mobiles, stabiles and more 1,264 photos, 298 members
- XA2 ONLY 822 photos, 281 members
- Decisive Moments... Classics in B&W 16,168 photos, 3,507 members
- Green-Wood Cemetery (4 Photos per day) 1,598 photos, 109 members
"Cornelis is true inspiration - hands down one of the best photographers I have seen on flickr."
25th February, 2012
Kees van Mansom says:
"Cornelis has one of the most interesting streams on Flickr. His photos are a constant inspiration to me and probably to a lot of other photographers. With his photos, Cornelis shows us common scenes in a whole new perspective. He uses many cameras for this: from simple film cameras like the Olympus Trip 35 to the more advanced digital cameras. We share our love for the OM's and the tiny XA, but with his stream Cornelis has proven for once and for all that it is not the camera but it is the photographer that makes the photo!"
9th August, 2009
"Cornelis has a great eye for 'the right moment' and an ability to see and shoot angles that make the usual, seem unusual. A photographic talent that continually takes advantage of the light and shadows, combined with masterful composition, makes for a very enjoyable collection of images. Always a pleasure to see what shot comes next."
10th July, 2009
Trish Mayo says:
"CVerwall is a master of composition and light. Among my favorite photographers on flickr I always look forward to seeing new photos from him. His black and white work is amazingly rich in detail and tones. The images in his photostream depict the culture, natural beauty and uniqueness of life in New York City. He has also traveled to some wonderful places over the years including China and Holland. Take the time to view his photos and be inspired and amazed as I am."
14th July, 2008
"It gives me great pleasure to write about Cornelis' gifted photography. I have been very enriched and inspired by being able to view his beautiful work here on Flickr. He brings enormous talent and insight to bear on his photographic work and I am forever in awe of his ability to bring out the beauty of this world. His work contains such lovely symmetry and it is very apparent from viewing his stream that this photographer is a master of light and color and tone. This little testimonial pales in comparison to the contribution Cornelis' work has made in my photographic education and enjoyment. Thank you Cornelis and may you always have happy hunting in your wonderful New York City."
4th May, 2008
"A man with a beautiful soul. I made regular visits to his stream and always found beauty flowing through his lens.
His work is so gripping and absorbing.You would definitely like his stream. I feel proud to be in his contacts list and always wait for his feedback on my pictures.
I wish him success, happiness and happy clicking""
29th February, 2008
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Cornelis Verwaal Photography