Thank you for looking at my work.
I've been interested in photography since I was a boy growing up in the Netherlands, and still love to shoot any subject that catches my eye. I have a soft spot for old film cameras but I use digital as well. Both have their place.
My work has appeared in various publications and websites, and in the following books:
“New York City Yesterday and Today” by Linda Tagliaferro; Publications International; 2009.
“Building New York – The Rise and Fall of the Greatest City on Earth” by Bruce Mashall.
Universe Publishing, a division of Rizzoli International; 2005.
"Central Park NYC - An Architectural View"
by Andrew Zega and Bernd H. Dams
Rizzoli, New York 2013.
My wife and I wife reside in New York City, a place that offers endless possibilities for a photographer.
All photos © Cornelis Verwaal. All rights reserved.
Buy art prints or greeting cards at my FineArt Shop
Buy a print or license a photo on My Website
Follow me on Facebook
Photos of CVerwaal (10)
- Lumix GX7 Photography 660 photos, 98 members
- Panasonic Lumix GX7 3,359 photos, 631 members
- Micro Four Thirds Mono 2,190 photos, 180 members
- 40mm Olympus Zuiko f/2 (OM Lens) 14 photos, 4 members
- RICOH GR with 16.2MP APS-C CMOS aka Pentax Ricoh IMAGING GR 11,171 photos, 610 members
- Inviting Images 5,836 photos, 141 members
- Olympus 12mm f/2 Micro Four Thirds Lens 5,925 photos, 478 members
- Panasonic Lumix 8mm fish-eye 549 photos, 79 members
- Panasonic Lumix 14mm f2.5 ASPH. pancake 14,103 photos, 1,382 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 10,722 photos, 1,116 members
- Friends of the High Line 20,395 photos, 2,080 members
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300 f4.0-5.6 Mega OIS 5,314 photos, 312 members
- Olympus M. Zuiko 12mm f/2.0 8,191 photos, 534 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f/1.8 6,192 photos, 789 members
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus µFT 25,339 photos, 1,834 members
- T-POP T-POOP! 121 photos, 37 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro 5,801 photos, 631 members
- µ[mju:]-II 31,137 photos, 2,686 members
- Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8 | BCL-1580 1,811 photos, 444 members
- OMD EM5 with manual lens 3,523 photos, 205 members
- Olympus Tough TG-2 and TG-1 iHS 4,822 photos, 317 members
- elegance in art, graphics and design 24,184 photos, 273 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 13,523 photos, 2,534 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 80,281 photos, 3,086 members
- Olympus Compacts 14,122 photos, 764 members
- GreenNYC 659 photos, 300 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 160,484 photos, 6,724 members
- *Umbrella* 4,594 photos, 1,638 members
- Canon PowerShot S100 21,373 photos, 1,607 members
- Olympus OM-D Original (3xO) 52,268 photos, 914 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10 and E-M5 user 175,808 photos, 7,464 members
- Girls With Mobile Phones 9,379 photos, 1,160 members
- Castles from the world. 54,505 photos, 4,492 members
- Show Off Your Micro 4/3 Camera 1,445 photos, 495 members
- The Digital Story - Digital Photography Public Group 36,694 photos, 2,679 members
- Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group 36,134 photos, 660 members
- Panasonic Micro and Four Thirds Photographers 78,132 photos, 2,595 members
- The Panasonic G3 19,947 photos, 850 members
- Canon AE1 42,919 photos, 4,108 members
- New York City Landmarks & Icons 83,659 photos, 7,208 members
- Grainy Pleasures 28,844 photos, 1,027 members
- One a Day 161,247 photos, 3,699 members
- Konica Auto S2 2,301 photos, 371 members
- Amici della Street Photography 7,750 photos, 357 members
- Silver Efex Pro 44,237 photos, 2,327 members
- Micro Four Thirds cameras using alternative & legacy lenses 60,843 photos, 2,709 members
- New York City through Its People 364 photos, 93 members
- Crazy Shadows - Ombre Pazze 5,255 photos, 392 members
- Calder: mobiles, stabiles and more 1,274 photos, 299 members
- XA2 ONLY 826 photos, 311 members
"Cornelis is true inspiration - hands down one of the best photographers I have seen on flickr."
25th February, 2012
Kees van Mansom says:
"Cornelis has one of the most interesting streams on Flickr. His photos are a constant inspiration to me and probably to a lot of other photographers. With his photos, Cornelis shows us common scenes in a whole new perspective. He uses many cameras for this: from simple film cameras like the Olympus Trip 35 to the more advanced digital cameras. We share our love for the OM's and the tiny XA, but with his stream Cornelis has proven for once and for all that it is not the camera but it is the photographer that makes the photo!"
9th August, 2009
"Cornelis has a great eye for 'the right moment' and an ability to see and shoot angles that make the usual, seem unusual. A photographic talent that continually takes advantage of the light and shadows, combined with masterful composition, makes for a very enjoyable collection of images. Always a pleasure to see what shot comes next."
10th July, 2009
Trish Mayo says:
"CVerwall is a master of composition and light. Among my favorite photographers on flickr I always look forward to seeing new photos from him. His black and white work is amazingly rich in detail and tones. The images in his photostream depict the culture, natural beauty and uniqueness of life in New York City. He has also traveled to some wonderful places over the years including China and Holland. Take the time to view his photos and be inspired and amazed as I am."
14th July, 2008
"It gives me great pleasure to write about Cornelis' gifted photography. I have been very enriched and inspired by being able to view his beautiful work here on Flickr. He brings enormous talent and insight to bear on his photographic work and I am forever in awe of his ability to bring out the beauty of this world. His work contains such lovely symmetry and it is very apparent from viewing his stream that this photographer is a master of light and color and tone. This little testimonial pales in comparison to the contribution Cornelis' work has made in my photographic education and enjoyment. Thank you Cornelis and may you always have happy hunting in your wonderful New York City."
4th May, 2008
"A man with a beautiful soul. I made regular visits to his stream and always found beauty flowing through his lens.
His work is so gripping and absorbing.You would definitely like his stream. I feel proud to be in his contacts list and always wait for his feedback on my pictures.
I wish him success, happiness and happy clicking""
29th February, 2008
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Cornelis Verwaal Photography