As long as nature is seen as in some way outside us, it is lost both to us and in us.
- John Fowles
Or: FICTION DIED SOON
Or: In the beginning everything belonged to us all. Any land anywhere. I know what I miss. I know why they took it from us. Still, I am in the beginning. Still, I am everything. And I am horrified. A wreck. A loser. A one bird hand flapping inbetween.
- So you were here?
- Just as I passed. It´s about exploring.
- But you were here.
- I never arrived. There was a pause.
- Is that what you photograph? Those pauses?
- Yes. I want one picture. A picture like an axe. Driven right through the skull of all our overexploit-orientated civilization. I want to be blind. I want everybody to be blind. It makes it more likely that one day we will see.
- How can a picture of a... a pause, possibly be an axe?
- The axe head went deep into the soil.
Just one camera, just one lens.
"Loneliness of man", Hardanger Kunst Senter, Norway, 11/9-3/10, 2010, artists Stina Vestrin, Diana Storåsen, Roger Karlsson (aka Coyhand)
- illuminatii 2,467 photos, 204 members
- ∞ infinite ∞ 242 photos, 405 members
- FOREST ART PROJECT (NO PEOPLE & THINGS MADE BY HUMANS/NO FRAMES) 3,896 photos, 378 members
- Something Special... 3,489 photos, 646 members
- Fever & Shiver 634 photos, 112 members
- Available Light / Existing Light 495,252 photos, 14,715 members
- Discomfort ||| 2,084 photos, 256 members
- Cammina, Guarda, Ascolta. Taci. 1,167 photos, 40 members
- Svenska Naturfotografer 20,033 photos, 664 members
- Romantic Pagan Antiborghese (Obscure Naturalis Art) 2,724 photos, 1,068 members
- (un)usual 3,288 photos, 454 members
- The Curated 4,229 photos, 457 members
- these are not facts 3,564 photos, 475 members
- perception and feelings 5,253 photos, 228 members
- >space and scape< 575 photos, 136 members
- Sciences Occultes Magazine 6,263 photos, 846 members
- Phantasm 10,525 photos, 724 members
- finally we are no one 66,830 photos, 3,987 members
- Contemporary Landscape 117,167 photos, 3,955 members
- MOTE 8,462 photos, 65 members
- ^ . ^ 18,068 photos, 288 members
- in wildness 288 photos, 146 members
- [green] 393 photos, 46 members
- dream forest 3,936 photos, 295 members
- Spirit of the Land 5,557 photos, 187 members
- dream-nature 5,445 photos, 644 members
- Mercy, Pity, Peace & Love 4,071 photos, 1,578 members
- show me your best pic ever 2,038 photos, 148 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 89,355 photos, 5,084 members
- I collect light . 333,968 photos, 13,574 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 217,002 photos, 13,109 members
- your mind, your photos. 107,059 photos, 3,256 members
- Magic Moments 590,323 photos, 23,701 members
- Iceland - Landscape 77,564 photos, 5,996 members
- Iceland. 137,945 photos, 6,368 members
- Lynched 35,952 photos, 2,247 members
- Landscape Photos 145,357 photos, 5,370 members
- respectnature 135 photos, 12 members
- The Invisible Landscape 3,317 photos, 311 members
- please bury me here 3,627 photos, 1,256 members
- Be a Treehugger: Amazing Trees Around the World 13,898 photos, 907 members
- Conceptual photography 234,337 photos, 14,435 members
- Environmental impacts 7,631 photos, 1,189 members
- to the forests. 17,044 photos, 1,804 members
- Save The World's Forests 421 photos, 71 members
- Enchanted Forests of the World 21,927 photos, 2,659 members
- The Evocative Object World 5,505 photos, 153 members
- Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere 33,409 photos, 1,603 members
- Visual Poetry 133,085 photos, 6,985 members
- All about Trees, Arboriculture, and Tree Care. 14,749 photos, 1,563 members
"Of the scant handful of genius, of actual working artists; Coyhand alone scoops up intense and compact miracles of the pause, those of the found, organic, unmanufactured world."
28th January, 2013
"Your works are amazing! They inspire me
16th September, 2011
"Coyhand’s landscapes are not just ordinary landscapes. His work goes deeper, with their narratives evoking a plethora of emotions from feeling safe and comforted to eerily helplessness.
To me personally, his approach to the subject of nature emphasises what I feel when engaging with nature; the need to be part of nature appreciating its beauty. At the same time having that feeling of being not quite at ease with it either, being aware of its underlying unpredictability and therefore giving it a force that we as humans should never underestimate.
His body of work is one of the few streams I come back to all the time, it puts things into perspective for me."
13th June, 2011
- November 2009
- Åmot, Gästrikland, Sweden
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- I will not die, not now. My occupation: not now.