Raised in a urban + rural mix of mystic Sindh,Pakistan I Graduated in Electronics Engineering ,earned a masters degree in Business Administration and then joined Pakistans' Civil Services. Started photography in 2007 when I was posted in rugged, mountainous province of Baluchistan, one of the least explored parts of the world,
My passion is photographing moving trains, crossing the hilly terrains, nosing up and down the step gradients of Bolan pass, zigzagging Do-Regs of Dalbandin , disappearing momentarily into and emerging out of endless cascaded tunnels. while focusing on Railways my perspective also encompassed Baluchistan's diverse culture, an amalgamation of Persian, Arabic, Indian and Afghan cultures.
Later on I moved to Sindh where life around mighty Indus River riveted my attention. Inheriting Sufi traditions the people and land of Sindh offer great opportunities for anyone to be a photographer and thats what I did. Satyan Jo Aastan, Moen Jo daro, Aror, Rani Kot, Kot Deji, Makli, Bhit shah, Sachal Sarmast, Shahbaz Qalandar of Sehwen etc were the few of the places where I wondered around with one eye closed and the other one sticking with the view finder.
Nature of my job provided me ample chances to visit countless remote areas in almost whole of Pakistan. Much of it is still in binary format. Still in learning phase, I don't believe in a particular subject. Landscape, portrait, Architecture, Macro all are my favourites maybe due to my multifarious and volatile nature. Flickr is the class room where I have the honour to meet and learn the tricks and tips of trade from few of the finest.".
Photos of Commoner28th (7)
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 15,925 members
- astrometry 37,349 photos, 4,805 members
- Pakistan Railway 553 photos, 106 members
- Colors of Sindh 2,487 photos, 125 members
- Administration Exquisite ( Black Ribbon level l ) P1-A3 18,225 photos, 1,923 members
- Crown Photography. Level 1 (Post 1/ Award 5) 5,815 photos, 670 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 406,143 photos, 22,149 members
- Flickr Model 42,203 photos, 3,682 members
- Me and The Powerhouse Museum 1,489 photos, 208 members
- α - Sony Alpha DSLR Cameras 582,128 photos, 16,954 members
- ►the best shots◄ Hall of Fame 3,093 photos, 969 members
- ►the best shots◄ Level 5 (P1 - A5) 5,033 photos, 1,347 members
- ►the best shots◄ Level 4 (P1 - A5) 6,902 photos, 1,699 members
- ►the best shots◄ Level 3 (P1 - A5) 9,882 photos, 2,177 members
- ►the best shots◄ Level 2 (P1 - A5) 20,153 photos, 3,480 members
- *Exhibition Of Talent* Admin InviteOnly, Post1/ Award3 24,181 photos, 2,129 members
- Life´s a Journey INVITED PHOTOS ONLY 2,994 photos, 1,231 members
- !!Perfect Composition!! 400,380 photos, 9,767 members
- Powerhouse Museum photo competition 5,817 photos, 1,580 members
- GALLERY THE VERY BEST OF PEACE GROUP : <LEVEL 4> P1 / A3 3,408 photos, 1,308 members
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 1 Please Award 3 172,568 photos, 8,244 members
- Magnificent Portrait - Post 1 Give 5 2,462 photos, 234 members
- 24 Karat Gold **Post 1/Comment 3** Sweeper Running Invite only! 10,313 photos, 1,647 members
- Best of Flickr Gold Level(P1/A5) 40 photos, 30 members
- **Platinum Hearts Hall of Fame** Photos With 10 Platinum Hearts 32,485 photos, 5,917 members
- Chariots of Artists ~ Post 1 / Award 4 No Flowers / No Pets and 195,470 photos, 9,287 members
- 14 Karat Gold: Add 1 - Award 5 - 14 Faves/50 comments 34,120 photos, 3,630 members
- **Platinum Heart Awards** (Only with 8+Heart Awards Invitation!) 191,681 photos, 14,704 members
- MAGIC EYE - Post 1 / Award 3 93,561 photos, 4,761 members
- Level 2 Photography for Recreation Silver Award P1/A5 137,609 photos, 9,493 members
- Level 1-Photography for Recreation (Sweeper)No Human Photo-P1/A5 261,812 photos, 12,545 members
- Best of Flickr Silver Level(P1/A5) 83 photos, 69 members
- Trailr St(u|a)ff 7,392 photos, 953 members
- Official National Geographic Group 464,121 photos, 15,564 members
- Best of Flickr(P1/A5) 3,365 photos, 588 members
- Sohni Dherti Pakistan 3,396 photos, 142 members
- ₪ HISTORY & MYSTERY Society ₪ Add 1 | Award 3 72,651 photos, 5,009 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 440,456 photos, 95,343 members
- High Quality Images! Award 7!! Sweeper Running!!! 258,085 photos, 10,738 members
- Perfection in Pictures 292 photos, 84 members
- woman's world - il mondo della donna (Post3&comment3) 22,025 photos, 3,197 members
- !! **flickr Award (((MUST award 5))) 2,225,120 photos, 94,979 members
- The Ruby Awards/INVITED PICS ONLY!/P1&C3 58,588 photos, 13,070 members
- The Digital Story - Digital Photography Public Group 30,494 photos, 2,499 members
- UniqueTouch - ( A Step Up From The Ordinary! ) 46,697 photos, 2,220 members
- flickr photocontest - post 1, vote for 5 preceding photos 29,312 photos, 4,152 members
- The PARAGON Gallery~Admin Invite - P1/A2-no heavy texture!! 14,149 photos, 903 members
- AYR Photos - Advanced level (AYR WELCOME IS THE FIRST LEVEL) 7,654 photos, 1,984 members
- ''^In Movimento (post 1-award 3- NO COMMENT=BAN) 5,280 photos, 1,701 members
- The Best Shot - Platinum Award Level 2 - Post1 Award3 or face Ba 32,182 photos, 4,380 members
"Agha Sb has done an almost equal job in exhibiting the wonderful railway system of Pakistan to what the Brits did in building it! His work on Balochistan in particular is mesmerizing."
26th March, 2009
Xploiтєя ™ says:
"Hello , Wow lucky Number one to write a testimonial for Agha Waseem.
For me he is my friend or he is more than friend he is like my bro =)
he is a talented photographer ; very creative and with a great sense of humor.
I have enjoyed watching his work since I started on Flickr. His work is vibrant, Beautiful and always interesting. This gentleman always takes the time to stop by and look at my work and leave a comment as he does with everyone of his contacts , thanks you so much for all the great comments =)
Now days he become my one of favorite photographer coz he is really produce some hot stuff to prove that he is still the best ......
I wish you all the best in your future for every thing =)
Regards : Atif (Xploiter ™)"
6th October, 2008
- Agha Waseem Ahmed.
- May 2007
- Karachi, Pakistan.
- I am:
- Civil Servant