Long time amateur radio operator and also
amateur photographer, just for fun. Using film cameras since the mid 1960's to the 80's and now digital.
My photos are more of a personal record of what caught my interest at the time, this includes post processing techniques I discover along the way.
Photographing and reproducing a scene "as is", has an important place in an historical or references context. However, for me, photography is also an art form. The images to be manipulated... or not, as the mood takes me.
So you will find shots straight from the camera (as manipulated by it) and others that I have post processed to my liking.
The following piece has been written in response to somewhat negative comments from various sources over the years concerning post processing of images.
To post process or to leave the image as it comes from the camera?
One camp sees it as sacrilege to do any post processing of an image at all, as if it has some special merit.
Another sees the image from the camera as just a starting point.
My position is with the second group. There are few images straight from the camera that cannot be improved by some post processing. (What camera consistently produces images that reflect exactly what you saw or want to portray?)
If you can always get what you want straight from the camera then good for you, you're in the minority or easily pleased. I would love to know what camera you use.
The first group don't seem to appreciate that they are processing their images by proxy... the choices they have made in the settings of their camera, and there are becoming more and more choices to be had with each new camera!
The first group are simply severely limiting themselves to the processing options of the camera.
It seems common sense to do some post processing (if required) to achieve the result you want.
Because we all experience the world differently, photography has to be about
personal expression .
It's the final image that matters !!
Cameras at present are;
Samsung NX300 CSC , Nikon D7000, Canon Eos550d,
Olympus 35RC and Olympus XA film cameras/
Pentax spotmatic II
Photos of Colin-47 (2)
- WorldWide Amateur Radio Enthusiast ( HAM RADIO ) 1,288 photos, 149 members
- Radio Heads 2,746 photos, 557 members
- NATURE COLOR EXPLOSION 2,499 photos, 423 members
- Blackberries: The Fruit 328 photos, 140 members
- Samsung NX series. 5,389 photos, 294 members
- Samsung Digital Community 4,807 photos, 286 members
- Samsung NX Lenses - Official Tag Required 1,249 photos, 97 members
- Samsung NX300 1,216 photos, 166 members
- Sporty Forty on APS 165 photos, 56 members
- I love reflections! 8,810 photos, 450 members
- British Photographers 199,959 photos, 3,181 members
- Excellent Landscapes 2,517 photos, 330 members
- BAT'S LAIR ~ INVITE ONLY ~( P 1 X A 3 ) 42,468 photos, 942 members
- Medieval architecture and art 37,411 photos, 1,095 members
- ₪ ZEN`sational World ₪ (Add 1/ Award 2) MOD-Q 333,822 photos, 11,493 members
- Project Weather 109,858 photos, 32,059 members
- Bugs 116,456 photos, 9,028 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,558,442 photos, 78,566 members
- brilliant flickr 15,226 photos, 1,160 members
- Flowers Group 291,559 photos, 21,903 members
- AIDAREH GROUP COMENTA 3 FOTOS - Tarjetas de Felicitación . 70,279 photos, 3,344 members
- Flower Photography 694,353 photos, 31,079 members
- Flower Flower Flower 207,099 photos, 21,719 members
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 9,257 photos, 568 members
- Awesome Flowers ! (Comment, comment, comment...!) 28,302 photos, 1,311 members
- Trains no more U.K 4,333 photos, 155 members
- Disused Railways 20,659 photos, 1,383 members
- Sempervivum 904 photos, 134 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 478,657 photos, 23,804 members
- Succulent Treasures of the Desert 16,844 photos, 1,093 members
- Succulents! 20,836 photos, 1,824 members
- Cacti, Succulents and Bulb Plants 28,026 photos, 2,575 members
- ! * Fences, fencing, iron gates, bridge * ! P1/C2 9,579 photos, 990 members
- Infrared Photography 20,455 photos, 2,251 members
- Infrared (IR) Creativity (Post 1 - Optional Awards) 2,680 photos, 238 members
- Infrared UK & Ireland 5,065 photos, 671 members
- Lych Gates 227 photos, 37 members
- BLACK & WHITE BONANZA! 8,341 photos, 205 members
- nature and photography 317,671 photos, 23,655 members
- 3D Crossview Stereo Photos (Pro-active) 9,165 photos, 367 members
- Photo Garden 73,994 photos, 3,459 members
- BokehLicious 88,406 photos, 4,801 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 979,659 photos, 59,177 members
- Bokeh Masters 50,300 photos, 2,915 members
- Bokeh and Bokeh (No People)散景世界 95,026 photos, 8,712 members
- Norfolk Ash Trees: a Celebration 60 photos, 12 members
- Seed heads / seed pods / berries 2,356 photos, 312 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 21,328 photos, 529 members
- Autumn colors 130,424 photos, 10,718 members
- * Birds of Britain * 95,597 photos, 2,641 members
"Colin seems like a thoroughly nice chap and excellent photographer. His superb shots are always accompanied by thorough and engaging text, indicating a deep interest in his subject matter and a love for his surroundings.
More importantly though, he is very supportive and encouraging towards photographers who do not yet posses his skills. It is always a pleasure to interact with Colin and hopefully pick up hints and advice which will hopefully, ultimately, lead to an increase in skill levels for all his contacts."
26th September, 2011
- May 2009
- I am:
- Male and Single