I am still eclectic and resourcefull (spelled that way for a reason)
View my DNA profile here:
The majority of photos on flickr show progress from my first point and shoot cameras to the present dSLR Canons I own. This older photo is from a point and shoot camera and it is my favorite specimen of a favorite type, azurite with malachite, from Bisbee, Arizona. It's been one of my top-viewed photos over the years:
In July 2008 I got my first dSLR, so images of the last three years are mostly Canon 40D and now my Canon 5D Mark II. I left all my original point and shoot photos from 2004 on in my photo stream as a humble reminder to myself as to where I've "come up from". If only one could go back and try that same shot all over again now that one's learned more, ha ha!
For my friends and new contacts, you may contact me by flickrmail and then I will provide an email address to use. I had to limit my contacts to a number that I can reasonably keep up with and follow with comments, but I do look at each and every person who comments on my photos and appreciate your interest.
I have a CC license on my photos for Attribution-noncommercial-share/share alike and some rights are reserved. Publications and use by business entities must contact me for permission. Also please do contact me if you have a project where you may want to use one of my photos. I've had more requests for stock photography uses and am now setting up a personal website to accommodate that and other special photography services.
Comments and suggestions on my photos are encouraged. I helped start the first of the Arizona flickr meetups, and have met about 90 flickr members now. My favorite group is Arizona Wonders, with over 4,000 members. One and all are most welcome friends.
- Enchantment ☼ Photoz 6,705 photos, 345 members
- Digital Psychography 2,870 photos, 93 members
- Phoneography Blog 5,561 photos, 148 members
- iPhone 4S 28,208 photos, 2,157 members
- Zombie War 2,407 photos, 303 members
- Zombie Army 15,522 photos, 2,089 members
- Zombie Walks 28,647 photos, 1,588 members
- All Gone to Look for America (USA, United States of America) 21,363 photos, 594 members
- EASTER WORLDWIDE 2,595 photos, 799 members
- Easter Decorations 4,118 photos, 700 members
- For The Love of Bread 7,677 photos, 1,203 members
- PicMonkey 27,136 photos, 1,868 members
- The big empty 4,707 photos, 340 members
- Project Weather 109,251 photos, 31,888 members
- artland 557,138 photos, 29,733 members
- Gems, Rocks, and Minerals 2,447 photos, 123 members
- EOS Adventure 196,888 photos, 7,134 members
- Be a Hero - GoPro 9,896 photos, 2,304 members
- Go-Pro Cameras (Pics & Vids) 2,462 photos, 567 members
- GoPro - Be a HERO 736 photos, 227 members
- Christmas Dreams 8,276 photos, 701 members
- Christmas 56,153 photos, 6,120 members
- Hubcaps... Ribbed, Finned, Spoked Plain and Centercaps 15,120 photos, 242 members
- Street Rods and Customs 38,829 photos, 1,814 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 14,834 photos, 768 members
- FOTOCYFER - The Light's Hunters 37,517 photos, 1,409 members
- Neon Lights 7,470 photos, 638 members
- Gas Station 9,179 photos, 1,400 members
- Abandonded Gas Stations 4,303 photos, 717 members
- Vintage Texaco 2,796 photos, 438 members
- Vintage Gas Stations (buildings) 4,384 photos, 551 members
- Amazing Weather (Skies, Nature, Places) 25,536 photos, 1,154 members
- the kids are all right... 59,683 photos, 3,625 members
- Zombies, Zombies, Zombies! 36,110 photos, 3,668 members
- Caterpillar Equipment 2,423 photos, 298 members
- Heavy Equipment 8,841 photos, 571 members
- Legoland California 992 photos, 66 members
- Boing Boing 81,383 photos, 4,703 members
- Chercher la Femme ♀ 21,927 photos, 1,589 members
- in loving memory of imapix 132 photos, 153 members
- Puppy Love 46,421 photos, 5,526 members
- Just Puppies! 34,150 photos, 4,669 members
- Buildings/Architecture 903,877 photos, 34,674 members
- warhammer games and miniatures 16,694 photos, 1,198 members
- Mannequin 23,103 photos, 3,431 members
- US Route 60 148 photos, 41 members
- Quotes and Quotations 13,869 photos, 1,491 members
- phoenixcomicon2010 426 photos, 24 members
- Phoenix Comicon Pool 8,144 photos, 277 members
- Everything Yellow 15 photos, 5 members
"She's one of those stalwart regulars for the AZ Wonders walkabouts, and I'd miss her if she vanished... not to mention her images."
20th February, 2008
eye of einstein says:
"Ms Cobalt's works are so outstanding as to be called magnificent and ever so thoughtful and sometimes thought provoking..It is difficult to compartmentalize her..with mere words when speaking of pictures
She does many series of many subjects.. Documenting all of her varied interests with great vigor.
I especially love her architectural views and her views of nature....
It is hard to add more superlatives when all seems to have been said before
13th February, 2008
Mr Jaded says:
"cobalt123 is a rebel, an anarchist and a trouble-maker. She is also the most patriotic American I know. Her unflinching eye (and lens) cuts through the nonsense and delivers clean cut images from the heart of the madness."
24th November, 2007
"Anyone who lists Tom Waits and Frank Zappa among their favoured musical artists deserves to be taken seriously. Well, by me at least. B-)"
15th September, 2007
"Cobalt's photostream is like an encyclopedia. It is brilliant, informative, and fun to browse through. She has covered practically everything in Arizona with her camera. She is a pioneer, an adventurer, an ambasador for AZ Flickrites. I salute you!"
7th July, 2007
Daniel Greene says:
"Gosh, not that Cobalt needs another testimonial, BUT: I like how she can take a photo and make it a social commentary, character sketch, or history lesson. Her photos have more than enough artistic merit to stand on their own; her titles and descriptions just make the whole experience of visiting her photos all the more interesting, informative, and thought-provoking.
Cobalt organized the first Flickr meetup I went to, and she welcomed me with open arms. I consider her a mentor and a friend."
30th March, 2007
KNEU Photo says:
"What can I say about Cobalt? Cobalt inspires me - and she might disagree - she pushes me.
When I think about her pictures I think 'BOLD COLOR' that just pops out of the screen and it dares you to keep looking."
12th March, 2007
Night Heron says:
"Simply special in so many ways."
1st January, 2007
"whoever has not fallen in love with Cobalt's work has never fallen in love."
8th October, 2006
"How fortunate I was to run into "Cobalt" at a blues concert! She noticed my camera and struck up a conversation with me about photography. And, she told me about flickr. So, here I am! She's achieved some really great shots!"
13th August, 2006
"Young Grasshopper has a long way to go but occasionally you'll see some brillance..."
11th March, 2006
"Cobalt has been bitten by the flickr bug! As a photographer, she is enthusiastic, energetic, persistent and resourceful. I always find it a pleasure to visit her photostream, and respect the way she points her lens at the world and shares it with us"
4th September, 2005
"I met cobalt123 some time ago, online on Flickr. I started noticing that she seems to be involved in many many aspects of Flickr. I always admire her photos, which she takes with great enthusiasm. I know she does, because I got to meet her in person at the Arizona Flickr meetup at IKEA. I found her to be very good natured, enthusiastic and a lot of fun. She led the group all around the store, showing us places for great photo ops. I'm glad I know her and look forward to our next Arizona Flickr meetup."
30th August, 2005
Orbital Joe says:
"Cobalt was one of my earliest contacts here...I was amazed how closely her subjects and style seemed to coincide with my own...
I was uploading rock pix...so was she...
I was uploading flower pix...so was she...
I was uploading pix of shiny glass balls...so was she...
She refers to it as serendipity...To me it was just plain scarey....But she sure takes a mean photo!
Cobalt sees art and beauty in things that I would just ignorantly pass by.
Just check out her IKEA shots...You'll see what I mean!"
30th August, 2005
"Eclectic and resourceful BJ is a remarkable member of the Flickr community, having formed and currently administering many fascinating groups, and always taking time to make encouraging comments on other people's photos. Using diverse Flickr application tools, she creates gorgeous mosaics and other interesting and informative images, and shares with us some of her amazing cobalt artifacts and mineral collection as well as photos of her beautiful Arizona flora and fauna. Flickr couldn't be luckier than to have her as a member."
18th August, 2005
Ryan Brenizer says:
"Cobalt123 is one of the Flickrites who without a doubt makes it a better place to be. From the fantastic groups she's founded and administered to the great feeling you get looking at her photos, with excellent macros and a wonderful sense of color, it would be a poorer place without her."
17th August, 2005
"a great eye for the small and the grand things in her world, that's the first thing that comes to mind, thinking of cobalt123's images. Her love of photography in them is as evident as her love for life on this planet itself. A wonderful influence in the flickr community with her delightful tours, enthousiastic commenting and positive contributions to diverse discussions!"
17th August, 2005
"Cobalt123 has been one of my favourite contacts for quite a while. I like her photos and admire her community oriented activity on flickr and other places. I wish I knew how to manage photos the way she does, making tiles and organising tours. Don’t miss her flickrtour pool at www.flickr.com/gr.... Flickrtours are a new concept she created and she is good at making you get to know flickr in depth"
5th May, 2005
- February 2005
- Elgin, Illinois
- I am:
- Female and Single