© All Rights Reserved - Copyright Information:
All images on this flickr stream and/or originating from this stream are copyrighted "© All Rights Reserved" - no image may be used for any purpose without prior permission given by me. The images are protected by German and international copyright law.
Please ask for permission if you wish to use any of my images.
If you download, blog, use or distribute any of my images in any unauthorised way, be it in a commercial or non-commercial environment without prior permission by me then I will take action to protect my interests and you will be fully liable to fines / liquidated damages.
Note: Under German copyright law the unauthorised use, copying, distributing or attaching a wrong copyright claim is a criminal offense (§§ 106, 107, 108 UrhG) and you will be prosecuted by the German authorities if reported - regardless if you are a German citizen (or company) or from elsewhere.
The fact I do not restrict access to my photos on flickr does not in any way imply consent to any form of use.
Berne Convention reminder:
So, you think you do not care about German copyright law - because you are located in Bhutan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey or the USA? Then this is for you: the Berne Convention requires its signatories to recognise the copyright of works of authors from other signatory countries in the same way as it recognises the copyright of its own nationals. And, very important: the Berne Convention states that the copyright law of the country where copyright is claimed shall be applied.
160 countries in the world are Berne Convention signatories - so there is a 99% chance that your country is within these.
Flickr API-TOS reminder:
For those of you who are using the Flickr API - and want to reply to a complaint by me with the stereotype "You should opt out of the Flickr API.".
That's the wrong reply. Completely wrong. You better re-read the Flickr API TOS, sections a.ii., a.iii. and especially section a.iv., quote: "Remove from your application within 24 hours any Flickr user's photos or other information that the owner of the photo asks you to remove."
Before you contact me to ask for permission, please consider the following: No free photos from me for commercial projects.
And think twice before you start writing your request with something like this:
1. "Sorry, we've just started and don't have money to...": If you don't have money to invest, then don't start new projects. Simply as that. Period.
2. "Our website / project is non-commercial...": Sounds good. But remember: a magazine with ads is commercial; a website with ads is commercial. If there is any form of generating revenues on your website / in your magazine, then it's commercial, even if you use these revenues only to run the website / publish the magazine.
If you are are really working for a charitable organization, please let me know - and provide proof.
3. "We will give you credits / we gladly put your name on the photo": Sure you do. But that's not the "generous offer" you may believe it is. Because: It's your legal obligation if you use other person's material. It's my legal right as the copyright owner that proper attribution is given.
So, please: don't mention something like this as a replacement for fees. And do not forget: omitting proper attribution is a legal offense and breach of licensing contract (you'll be liable to legal and contractual fines) - wrong attribution may even be treated as fraud (and is not an offense anymore - it's a felony).
4. "I'm working on a magazine / book / website / whatever.": Great for you.
For books / magazines: What title, theme, publishing company, release date, ISBN, intended print run etc.? In what size you wish to use the photo? Placement (title/rear or inside)?
For websites: Any link yet? What company / organisation? Splash page or content page?
I can't make you an offer if you do not provide the pertinent usage details.
Featured places - click to see the photo sets:
Hong Kong - 香港:
Shanghai - 上海:
Macau - 澳门:
Zhuhai - 珠海:
...so many watches, so little time...
Sneak peek at some of my watches:
Current watch collection (not all with pictures on flickr):
Fortis B-42 Pilot Pro Chrono GMT
Fortis B-42 Marinemaster
Fortis Flieger 24H
Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic I
Seagull 0437 Military
Seagull Moon Phase (Prototype, Pre-Release)
"Ray" Heuer BUND remake
"Ray" Quartz Diver
Citole 5036M black face
Citole 5043M black face
上海 (Shanghai) 7120
上海 (Shanghai) 1120 black face
上海 (Shanghai) 1120 white face
上海手表二厂 (Shanghai No. 2 Watch Factory) Baoshihua
吉林手表厂 (Jilin Watch Factory) "Jixing" steel case
吉林手表厂 (Jilin Watch Factory) "Jixing" gold plated steel case
吉林手表厂 (Jilin Watch Factory) "Hangtian" 32mm
吉林手表厂 (Jilin Watch Factory) "Hangtian" 35mm
Seagull 1980ties vintage watch, unknown type designation
辽宁手表厂 (Liaoning Watch Factory) Chunlan
Photographic tools and toys:
Nikon AF-D Zoom Nikkor 24-85/2.8-4
Nikon AF-D VR Zoom Nikkor 80-400/4.5-5.6
Sigma 12-24/4.5-5.6 EX HSM DG
Nikon AF Nikkor 180/2.8
Nikon AF-D Micro Nikkor 60/2.8
Nikon AF Nikkor 50/1.8
Sigma AF 24/2.8
Several flashlights, tripods, monopods, bags, extension tubes and other useful stuff
No post processing: Except where otherwise stated, I do not do any photo manipulation, apart from cleaning out sensor dust, cropping or straightening the images. The exposure is always "straight from the camera".
Old school - I come from slide film: In my opinion it makes more sense getting the shot right while on site, than later spending hours trying to correct (with HDR or whatever) what was basically a faulty exposure from the beginning. That's just lost time, better spent on site for the next shot...
There are actually very very few cases where post processing for a "correct" exposure is really necessary.
Perspective - photography is footwork! There is the word of "wide-angle perspective" and at times I find myself using it... - but actually there is no such thing as a "wide-angle perspective".
One changes the photographic perspective by changing the point of view in relation to the object, moving from one location to the next, but not by turning the zoom ring or changing the lens.
Click the widget below to see my "most interesting" pictures according to flickr
Geotagging: Most pictures in my flickr stream are taken in China, Hong Kong and Macau. I tag pictures according to the satellite view - because the Yahoo map base as used in flickr is just too bad (not to say useless) for China, Hong Kong and Macau.
Pictures with the link: "See where this picture was taken" are positioned/tagged much more accurately. If available, please click this link for location info.
Browser and OS history for the statistics fans:
Others (Webcrawlers / Bots): 1.8%
Interesting is that only 37.8% of all visitors did use Windows' built-in IE, even if the total percentage of Windows users is 79.8%.
- "Viva la Vida!" WINNERS GALLERY (Post 1 - Award 5) 7,584 photos, 1,249 members
- The Best of Black & White ☯ (Award 3) 44,341 photos, 3,305 members
- Flickrs True Reflection - Level 5 (P1/A5) Sweeper Active 4,093 photos, 1,069 members
- Flickrs True Reflection - Level 4 (P1/A5) Sweeper Active 5,864 photos, 1,364 members
- Flickrs True Reflection - Level 3 (P1/A5) Sweeper Active 9,257 photos, 1,775 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 10) 4,011 photos, 1,242 members
- Flickrs True Reflection - Level 2 (P1/A5) Sweeper Active 16,822 photos, 2,362 members
- Flickrs True Reflection - Level 1 (P1/A5) Sweeper Active 53,827 photos, 3,426 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 9) 6,280 photos, 1,730 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 8) 7,629 photos, 1,991 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 8~All Stars /Invite Only /Post 1 Award 5 6,281 photos, 872 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 7 /Invite Only/Post 1 Award 5 6,776 photos, 951 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 6 /Invite Only/ Post 1 Award 5 7,732 photos, 1,045 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 5 /Invite Only/Post 1 Award 5 8,960 photos, 1,201 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 4 /Invite Only/Post 1 Award 5 10,733 photos, 1,386 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 3 /Invite Only/Post 1 Award 5 14,280 photos, 1,688 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 2 /Invite Only/Post 1 Award 5 20,901 photos, 2,205 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 1 /Post 1 Award 5 55,706 photos, 3,853 members
- THE WONDERFUL NATURE WORLD (POST 2 AWARD 4)SWEEPER ON 27,969 photos, 1,993 members
- The Golden Power Club (Admin Invite Only) 10,991 photos, 635 members
- The Best Captures AOI (Admin Invite) (Post 1-Award & Fave 3) 32,301 photos, 5,431 members
- ABOUT THE NATURE WITH LOVE Post 1 Award 5 NO COMMENT=BAN!!! 33,435 photos, 2,579 members
- Remember That Moment ☆ Level 09 Apotheosis (P1~A5) 7,119 photos, 1,033 members
- Remember That Moment ☆ Level 08 Butterfly (P1~A5) 7,835 photos, 1,123 members
- Remember That Moment ☆ Level 07 Chronos (P1~A5) 8,448 photos, 1,224 members
- Remember That Moment ☆ Level 06 Golden Crown (P1~A5) 9,377 photos, 1,394 members
- Chariots of Nature (Level 5) 6,661 photos, 1,374 members
- Chariots of Nature (Level 4) 8,373 photos, 1,569 members
- Chariots of Nature (Level 3) 11,356 photos, 1,848 members
- Level 7 Auto Focus Light Blue ( P/1 C/5 ) 7+ Comments Only 1,453 photos, 789 members
- Chariots of Nature (Level 2) 16,834 photos, 2,186 members
- Chariots of Nature 36,547 photos, 3,049 members
- Remember That Moment ☆ Level 05 Earth (P1~A5) 10,885 photos, 1,657 members
- Floral Fantasy - Post 1- Comment 3 82,062 photos, 4,298 members
- Remember That Moment ☆ Level 04 Platinum (P1~A5) 13,925 photos, 2,004 members
- Level 6 Auto Focus Green ( P/1 C/5 ) 4+ Comments Only 2,307 photos, 1,057 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 7) 9,856 photos, 2,373 members
- **Masterclass Exhibition** Admin Invite Only Level (2) P-1/A-3 14,786 photos, 1,422 members
- Remember That Moment ☆ Level 03 Gold (P1~A5) 22,562 photos, 2,722 members
- Remember That Moment ☆ Level 02 Silver (P1~A5) 37,974 photos, 3,549 members
- Remember That Moment ☆ Level 01 Bronze (P1~A5) 71,278 photos, 4,574 members
- ! "PHOTOS GERMANY & AUSTRIA" (P1-C2) 46,741 photos, 1,122 members
- Level 5 Auto Focus Yellow ( P/1 C/5 ) 4+ Comments Only 3,641 photos, 1,402 members
- Level 4 Auto Focus Orange (P/1 C/5 ) 4+ Comments Only 6,957 photos, 1,936 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 6) 14,207 photos, 2,890 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 5) 17,967 photos, 3,288 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 4) 23,778 photos, 3,799 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 2) 54,642 photos, 5,568 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 3) 33,900 photos, 4,486 members
- **Masterclass Elite** Invite Only Post 1-Award 3 (Level 3) 11,918 photos, 1,482 members
El Huang says:
"cnmark, Markus my friend, is truly an excellent light painter. The night views through the viewfinder of his camera are always much more wonderful than what our eyes can image. I see a different spectacular world in China from his articles. :D"
19th June, 2012
"He is one of my first contacts here on Flickr, a great photographer, his pictures are so beautiful, he is an artist"
7th October, 2011
"You are a stunning photographer and thanks for sharing these incredible pictures here. Hope to see many more in the future!
5th November, 2010
"In addition to his photography, Markus is also one of the nicest people you will ever meet on Flickr.
You can send him a rather short message asking for little tips on photography, and he will practically write you an essay about the techniques, perspectives, and footworks. Send him a reply, and he takes his time to write you another letter.
Also, Markus is a very skilled photographer. Take note that most of his pictures are not processed in any way besides cropping and straightening. I can spend hours going through his photostream and enjoying every single image. Those pictures are simply wonderful!
As a "Flickr-er" with couple thousand contacts and almost a million view for his pictures, I truly respect Markus."
10th December, 2010
About Tiger says:
""I´ve just discover your job and I think it´s fantastic. Each image has its own technique and criteria and you´ve a lot of great and original ideas to do. There are in your stream a wide range of style and originality. Really compliments. I hope continue enjoying with your work.""
26th April, 2011
"your stream and photographic pictures are unique and they reflect
your passion and talent how to put it to the scene
thanks for sharing"
18th March, 2010
"I really like Your photostream, and i love some of Your pictures!"
19th September, 2009
"An absolute viewing pleasure.
We could sit here all day and night looking at this fantastic photostream.
The word "PRO" is too small, the German word "Meister" would be a better tribute to "cnmark".
14th November, 2008
- Markus Bahlmann
- August 2006
- Rinteln, Germany
- Shanghai, China - 中国上海
- I am:
- Male and Taken