I'm from a long-time a fan of photography. Activities that I have practiced with care and perseverance in the years from 1963 to 1973. Member of the "Gruppo Fotografico Genovese" founded by Giuseppe Goffis, at the time one of the best-known Italian amateurs, in those years I have participated in various amateur photo contests in Italy and foreign countries obtaining several awards.
You can see some of my works of that period in this sets of my photostream :
. ............. .
“Music from darkness” click here..........................“My old works” click here
“An old rugby match” click here
From 1974 to 2005 I practiced amateur activity in "passive" mode due to work commitments as industrial manager. During this period of great business the hobby for photography was practiced exclusively during the holidays and some travel. However, the passion is never stifled and by 2005, the year of my retirement , I resumed practicing this hobby with great enthusiasm and care considering that photography could be an expression of art and not just a technical process.
In the early years the reportage was the area for me. All images were in black and white to the realization of what I have done in autonomy developing and printing with my own darkroom.
Since 2003 I switched to digital and use the normal electronic systems for processing images.
I love the colours and I have no nostalgia for black-and-white, today I consider it a manipulation. I used the black and white when color was technically unacceptable.
By the end of 2005 I am present with my personal pages here on Flickr site under the pseudonym "cienne45".
Some statistics from the site (updated to November 30, 2012) :
- published photos nr. 8.200
- collections nr. 205
- views nr. 2.254.556
I work occasionally with “Meridiani Montagne” Magazine.
A collection of my images on the cemetery of Staglieno in Genoa is present on the site dedicated to Fabrizio de André "Creza de ma – Fabrizio De André, Genova e altre storie”
I am a Nikon Photographer. You can see my web site here:
Photos of cienne45 (3)
- TULIPS and SUNFLOWERS (Comment on 2 - FAV 1) 7,088 photos, 1,585 members
- tulipworld 12,847 photos, 1,904 members
- Chariots of Nature 36,697 photos, 3,044 members
- Henny's Flower Gardens - (P1/C2) 11,767 photos, 1,597 members
- Yarn Bombing DIY 1,809 photos, 362 members
- Nature's Garden (P1:C3 - Please) 61,323 photos, 6,686 members
- PHOTOS pour TOUS - (PHOTOS for ALL) 1Post - Com 2 74,038 photos, 3,024 members
- PORTRAITS *** 15,416 photos, 2,415 members
- Photoshow 2013 236 photos, 29 members
- Beautiful People 141,878 photos, 6,021 members
- Feminine beauty. 29,998 photos, 1,227 members
- ..Ritratti Italiani.. 79,257 photos, 4,485 members
- "Women Portraits" 115,040 photos, 5,454 members
- Live the Life! L1 (P1-A5) Contest: OPEN 141,424 photos, 7,081 members
- **Simply Superb (Post 1 & Comment 3)** 44,541 photos, 2,874 members
- SoLO FoTO :-) DIveRTeNTi - AmUSinG PhOtOS oNLy 19,837 photos, 2,086 members
- MagicaItalia 31,086 photos, 1,474 members
- Concentration/Interment Camps 6,874 photos, 883 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 10,486 photos, 1,257 members
- Photographic World ( Post 1/ Comm 2 ) 52,272 photos, 1,967 members
- WHITE - Level No. 5 (Post 1, Award 4) 47,796 photos, 5,926 members
- BLUE - Level No. 4 (Post 1, Award 4) 60,928 photos, 6,607 members
- GREEN - Level No. 3 (Post 1, Award 4) 82,699 photos, 7,406 members
- YELLOW - Level No. 2 (Post 1, Award 4) 121,173 photos, 8,628 members
- ◆ CHALLENGE CLUB ◆ ...come join the fun... 3,827 photos, 584 members
- THE LOOK level 8 GOLD 31,668 photos, 4,020 members
- THE LOOK level 7 WHITE 44,625 photos, 4,972 members
- THE LOOK level 6 BLUE 68,674 photos, 5,625 members
- THE LOOK level 5 GREEN 78,204 photos, 5,913 members
- THE LOOK level 4 PURPLE 91,793 photos, 6,328 members
- THE LOOK level 3 ORANGE 112,733 photos, 6,895 members
- THE LOOK level 2 YELLOW 143,372 photos, 7,922 members
- THE LOOK level 1 RED 216,028 photos, 9,550 members
- Dragon Sword Masterpieces, L4 (P1 A1) 129 photos, 79 members
- Prestige Photography (Admin invited image only) 1,621 photos, 474 members
- Chariots of Artists (Elite Group ~ Invited) 828 photos, 384 members
- Chariots of Artists (Special Display Gold ~ Invited) 4,046 photos, 1,235 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 10) 3,989 photos, 1,229 members
- Nature's Carousel - (Invite only) - Post 1 Comment 2 125,200 photos, 7,108 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 9) 6,235 photos, 1,714 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 8) 7,588 photos, 1,971 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 7) 9,789 photos, 2,350 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 6) 14,100 photos, 2,860 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 5) 17,835 photos, 3,259 members
- Dragon Sword Award, L3 (P1 A2 Sweeper) 302 photos, 154 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 4) 23,618 photos, 3,769 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 3) 33,675 photos, 4,454 members
- Chariots of Artists (Level 2) 54,272 photos, 5,535 members
- Dragon Sword Award, L2 (P1 A3 Sweeper) 606 photos, 248 members
- Dragon Sword Award, L1 (P1 A4 Sweeper) 3,972 photos, 719 members
"Quello che fa la differenza tra un fotografo qualsiasi ed uno di successo è l`anima che esprime emozione...Di fatto vedere il mondo attraverso la camera richiede sensibilità artistica, il gusto per il bello, senso d`armonia,saper giocare con la luce e l`ombra, vibrare con il colore...Tutto questo è espresso con maestria nelle composizioni di Carlo Natale; spesso quando osservo i suoi quadri mi
sento in sintonia con il suo universo, mi inebrio con i suoi riflessi, viaggio in luoghi misteriosi, dentro i quali vivo forti emozioni, solo cliccando la sua pagina. È una grande gioia averlo conosciuto in Flickr e costatare come è possibile comunicare profondamente attraverso il linguaggio della fotografia.
"Grazie, Carlo per essermi amico!
What makes the difference between a standard photographer and a successful one is a soul that expresses emotion. Seeing the world through the camera lens requires artistic sensibility, a taste for beauty, a sense of harmony, knowing how to play with light and shadow, make colors come alive. All of this is expressed in Carlo Natale's compositions. When I look at his pictures I feel in touch with his universe, I am thrilled by his reflexes, I travel through mysterious places in which I live strong emotions, when I click on his page. It is a great joy to have found him in Flickr and to know how one can communicate through the language of photography. Thank you Carlo, for being my friend!"
22nd January, 2008
"Carlo Natale is one of my favorite Photographers on Flickr ! His
"Reflection of light" set is wonderful . He is chronicling Italy as it is and how the past is today ! I do not check his stream everyday. But I am sure to go his wonderful Photography when I need a break. When I need to go away on a little mental vacation. Thank you Carlo you have Brighten my life, with your Excellent Photography and your kind and generous comments to my flickring. Is not Flickr so great that I can meet a friend on the other side the planet, with the common goal of bring JOY to all !"
26th February, 2007
"Carlo, hai delle foto stupende come ti hanno detto prima vedere queste foto si capice come è fatta la persona.. Bravo..Complimenti!"
10th April, 2006
Bev and Steve says:
"While I have never met Carlo, I feel I know his spirit through the wonderful images that he captures of his native Liguria. He is able to show the delicacies of nature and the power of industry beautifully. Thanks for sharing!"
16th February, 2006
- Carlo Natale
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- cienne45 [at] yahoo.it