All images here are copyrighted. Creative Commons licensors: please credit images to Chuck Patch, not chuckp
For a mix of what I like and more of my older, black and white work:
This site has two hidden components. The first consists of the old stuff, largely contained in the Old Silver collection, which was scanned from prints made between about 1972 and 1990. The second is composed of pictures taken after 2003, some born digital but most scanned from 35mm negatives. The first component is much tighter, having been culled from about 18 years’ worth of shooting. The second much larger and growing portion is less focused and more constrained, largely the result of lunchtime walks. The quality of most of the recent scans is indifferent - batch produced on a flatbed that can't really do justice to the camera's optics. Almost none of these recent images have been printed.
Most (but not very) recent:
Available in Print:
La Pura Vida, Issue 1
Back when he wasn't yet a famous guy, Michael David Murphy interviewed me on 2point8:
Here are a few of the other fractions of my 15 minutes:
Regards sur la Nouvelle Orleans / Visions of New Orleans
I know it's cheesy, but I love all these free widgets you can plug in:
- SPNC - Year 4 - # 06 120 photos, 171 members
- Residential typologies: world wide 2,530 photos, 93 members
- in explore 161,155 photos, 10,871 members
- Hands 93 photos, 278 members
- ᶜ ᵒ ᵘ ⁿ ᵗ ᵉ ⁿ ᵃ ⁿ ᶜ ᵉ 6,165 photos, 713 members
- Concept street 82 photos, 248 members
- The world is a street 566 photos, 695 members
- Don't Be A Lemming 836 photos, 1,053 members
- www.street-photographers.com 281 photos, 4,592 members
- Street Photography - Fotografia di Strada 47,886 photos, 1,551 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 4,840 photos, 16,555 members
- Vertical Framing Street Photography 405 photos, 272 members
- Digital Psychography 3,706 photos, 99 members
- Third Dimension 156 photos, 224 members
- Small Growers Street Association 271 photos, 792 members
- Photoshop Support Group 222,541 photos, 33,134 members
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Camera Shots 3,740 photos, 437 members
- SPNC - Year 2 - Instruction # 25 138 photos, 173 members
- domestic spaces/human traces 931 photos, 607 members
- F13 260 photos, 118 members
- The Sandman Cometh 383 photos, 169 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 529 photos, 1,765 members
- Smell the streets(STS) 783 photos, 827 members
- No Face, No Name 221 photos, 213 members
- Street Photographers' Salon 412 photos, 198 members
- VERTICAL LIBERATION FRONT 6,281 photos, 224 members
- - Me, Myself and I - 1,901 photos, 304 members
- Figurations de l'absence 252 photos, 182 members
- British Street Photography (BSP) 1,370 photos, 414 members
- sub/urbanscape place. 32,168 photos, 810 members
- Original 1970s 8,891 photos, 1,148 members
- PSYCHEDELIC WOLFPACK 19,225 photos, 1,882 members
- hello, stranger. [a street photography group] 17,761 photos, 4,352 members
- Maryland Photo Rights 27 photos, 66 members
- Documents.02 0 photos, 86 members
- museum watchers watching 9,519 photos, 3,123 members
- American Elegy 20,268 photos, 477 members
- across the street: minimalist street photography 4,188 photos, 3,772 members
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 322 photos, 351 members
- Instruction #27 228 photos, 359 members
- Persons taking pictures 243 photos, 35 members
- Facing the Lens: Portraits of Photographers 1,024 photos, 823 members
- m a d e i n p u b l i c 14 photos, 47 members
- Upgrade to Film 149,827 photos, 2,133 members
- Boy With Grenade 120 photos, 51 members
- Alec Soth's "From Here To There" Flickr Project 2,751 photos, 1,166 members
- Altered States of Agoraphobia 3,227 photos, 381 members
- Cookies & Cream 1,391 photos, 3,372 members
- Epson V700 23,078 photos, 1,359 members
- This Is The Photograph I Was Meaning To Take 296 photos, 353 members
Vasilikos Lukas says:
"one of the best photographers here on flickr!!!"
8th December, 2012
Chuck is very modest about his work, but it truly is a great achievement. He is an amazing and inspiring classic street photographer. His images capture ordinary moments that have an impressive sense of depth that just get better with time. After seeing his images here and there, I took the time one night to look at his entire stream and what a great experience that was. There is a lot to be enjoyed here and I'm so glad he has shared his work with all of us."
3rd June, 2010
perFect slackR says:
"Chuck is really a documentarian at heart, and a gifted photographer. His photographs are testimonials to his time from his vantage point. It is so important to preserve our unique experiences so the others may draw upon them and see a more complete picture. Chuck does that and much more. Now, how bout that beer in New Orleans?"
21st October, 2009
"rarely do I find a photographer who's 50 best shots really are a pleasure to watch. they made me laugh and made me think. I don't write many testimonials because I don't find much to write about.
19th October, 2009
"Chuck often makes me chuckle, but more than that... he's one of those quiet yet careful photographers that has been obsessively doing this thing, his thing, for years, for decades. Doing it. While he is humble, he's got fans, to be sure... There are few photographers (either then or now) whose constantly growing, evolving vision, with street smarts & a subtle, candid oeuvre have a patch on his or on him: namely, Chuck Patch."
21st September, 2009
Paul Russell99 says:
"Great photographer, all-round clever yet modest chap, under-16 World Frisbee finalist, expert cheesemaker, Louisiana slimmer of the year (1977), and psychic clairvoyant to the stars.
Actually, I need to check up on some of those, but the first two are definitely correct."
23rd November, 2008
John Goldsmith says:
"A masterful photographer....
Did I say I want to shoot like Chuck?"
21st June, 2008
28th December, 2007
"Chuck has been consistently brilliant over many years, especially this last year despite the havoc he has had to contend with."
1st September, 2006
John Brownlow says:
"Chuck flat out rocks. It's a huge pleasure to see a stream of his photos emerging from the wreckage of Katrina. One of the few photographers working the streets traditionally whose work really does it for me."
9th December, 2005
"Chuck is one of those photographers that you cannot help but want to be like. His shots have shown me life in America as much as Winogrand did. I am serious, this man is a HUGE talent and I hope I can shoot like him some day."
2nd June, 2005
- Chuck Patch
- November 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Street Photographers