All images here are copyrighted. Creative Commons licensors: please credit images to Chuck Patch, not chuckp
For a mix of what I like and more of my older, black and white work:
This site has two hidden components. The first consists of the old stuff, largely contained in the Old Silver collection, which was scanned from prints made between about 1972 and 1990. The second is composed of pictures taken after 2003, some born digital but most scanned from 35mm negatives. The first component is much tighter, having been culled from about 18 years’ worth of shooting. The second much larger and growing portion is less focused and more constrained, largely the result of lunchtime walks. The quality of most of the recent scans is indifferent - batch produced on a flatbed that can't really do justice to the camera's optics. Almost none of these recent images have been printed.
Available in Print:
La Pura Vida, Issue 1
Back when he wasn't yet a famous guy, Michael David Murphy interviewed me on 2point8:
Here are a few of the other fractions of my 15 minutes:
La Pura Vida
Street Reverb Magazine
Regards sur la Nouvelle Orleans / Visions of New Orleans
I know it's cheesy, but I love all these free widgets you can plug in:
- Cadillac Ranch Dressing 74 photos, 71 members
- Residential typologies: world wide 2,354 photos, 87 members
- in explore 76,020 photos, 4,926 members
- Hands 69 photos, 244 members
- ᶜ ᵒ ᵘ ⁿ ᵗ ᵉ ⁿ ᵃ ⁿ ᶜ ᵉ 5,444 photos, 645 members
- Concept street 71 photos, 215 members
- The world is a street 543 photos, 661 members
- Don't Be A Lemming 982 photos, 993 members
- www.street-photographers.com 284 photos, 4,623 members
- Street Photography - Fotografia di Strada 42,084 photos, 1,420 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 4,854 photos, 16,391 members
- Vertical Framing Street Photography 387 photos, 260 members
- Digital Psychography 2,822 photos, 94 members
- Third Dimension 147 photos, 199 members
- Small Growers Street Association 292 photos, 769 members
- Photoshop Support Group 212,567 photos, 32,848 members
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Camera Shots 3,081 photos, 376 members
- SPNC - Year 2 - Instruction # 25 138 photos, 181 members
- domestic spaces/human traces 938 photos, 607 members
- F13 232 photos, 116 members
- The Sandman Cometh 337 photos, 160 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 505 photos, 1,644 members
- Smell the streets(STS) 793 photos, 816 members
- No Face, No Name 218 photos, 213 members
- Street Photographers' Salon 360 photos, 190 members
- VERTICAL LIBERATION FRONT 6,052 photos, 225 members
- - Me, Myself and I - 1,792 photos, 281 members
- Figurations de l'absence 246 photos, 178 members
- British Street Photography (BSP) 1,395 photos, 409 members
- sub/urbanscape place. 29,942 photos, 781 members
- Original 1970s 8,650 photos, 1,126 members
- PSYCHEDELIC WOLFPACK 17,481 photos, 1,846 members
- hello, stranger. [a street photography group] 17,813 photos, 4,325 members
- Maryland Photo Rights 26 photos, 66 members
- Documents.02 1 photo, 87 members
- museum watchers watching 9,471 photos, 3,073 members
- American Elegy 19,475 photos, 472 members
- across the street: minimalist street photography 4,222 photos, 3,705 members
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 323 photos, 347 members
- Instruction #27 228 photos, 363 members
- Persons taking pictures 243 photos, 36 members
- Facing the Lens: Portraits of Photographers 1,006 photos, 830 members
- m a d e i n p u b l i c 14 photos, 48 members
- Upgrade to Film 142,933 photos, 2,060 members
- Boy With Grenade 119 photos, 52 members
- Alec Soth's "From Here To There" Flickr Project 2,602 photos, 1,166 members
- Altered States of Agoraphobia 3,238 photos, 374 members
- Cookies & Cream 1,401 photos, 3,387 members
- Epson V700 21,707 photos, 1,299 members
- This Is The Photograph I Was Meaning To Take 298 photos, 353 members
Vasilikos Lukas says:
"one of the best photographers here on flickr!!!"
8th December, 2012
Chuck is very modest about his work, but it truly is a great achievement. He is an amazing and inspiring classic street photographer. His images capture ordinary moments that have an impressive sense of depth that just get better with time. After seeing his images here and there, I took the time one night to look at his entire stream and what a great experience that was. There is a lot to be enjoyed here and I'm so glad he has shared his work with all of us."
3rd June, 2010
perFect slackR says:
"Chuck is really a documentarian at heart, and a gifted photographer. His photographs are testimonials to his time from his vantage point. It is so important to preserve our unique experiences so the others may draw upon them and see a more complete picture. Chuck does that and much more. Now, how bout that beer in New Orleans?"
21st October, 2009
"rarely do I find a photographer who's 50 best shots really are a pleasure to watch. they made me laugh and made me think. I don't write many testimonials because I don't find much to write about.
19th October, 2009
"Chuck often makes me chuckle, but more than that... he's one of those quiet yet careful photographers that has been obsessively doing this thing, his thing, for years, for decades. Doing it. While he is humble, he's got fans, to be sure... There are few photographers (either then or now) whose constantly growing, evolving vision, with street smarts & a subtle, candid oeuvre have a patch on his or on him: namely, Chuck Patch."
21st September, 2009
Paul Russell99 says:
"Great photographer, all-round clever yet modest chap, under-16 World Frisbee finalist, expert cheesemaker, Louisiana slimmer of the year (1977), and psychic clairvoyant to the stars.
Actually, I need to check up on some of those, but the first two are definitely correct."
23rd November, 2008
John Goldsmith says:
"A masterful photographer....
Did I say I want to shoot like Chuck?"
21st June, 2008
28th December, 2007
"Chuck has been consistently brilliant over many years, especially this last year despite the havoc he has had to contend with."
1st September, 2006
John Brownlow says:
"Chuck flat out rocks. It's a huge pleasure to see a stream of his photos emerging from the wreckage of Katrina. One of the few photographers working the streets traditionally whose work really does it for me."
9th December, 2005
"Chuck is one of those photographers that you cannot help but want to be like. His shots have shown me life in America as much as Winogrand did. I am serious, this man is a HUGE talent and I hope I can shoot like him some day."
2nd June, 2005
- Chuck Patch
- November 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Street Photographers