I'm fascinated by how we used to live, and what the world used to be like. I've been brought up with technology, modern and old, and I've managed to knit them together professionally.
I've been around computers since I was three. I used to work in an archive. I am an archaeologist specialising in archaeological computing.
I love photography and am trying to get better at it. I have a penchant for liking strange electronic and experimental music.
I run Past Thinking, a blog that covers the past, present and future. My personal blog, for things other than heritage is at tom.goskar.com/
Please feel free to tag my photos.
If you'd like to use any of my Creative Commons photos (which is most of them), please feel free. They are generally covered by an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. As per the "Attribution" part of the license, please include my name, Tom Goskar, with a link back to my photostream, or to my personal blog at tom.goskar.com/
Photos of *Tom* (10)
- Santiago de Chile 44,763 photos, 3,550 members
- Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM 11,396 photos, 1,266 members
- Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD SP 24,753 photos, 1,634 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,708,742 photos, 136,759 members
- Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II 57,143 photos, 5,078 members
- Bridges 119,126 photos, 11,448 members
- High Tech Archaeology 147 photos, 30 members
- Copper Industrial Heritage 178 photos, 18 members
- Real Cider 298 photos, 60 members
- Bizarre Illustrations & Drawings & Arts 116,737 photos, 6,635 members
- Boing Boing 81,576 photos, 4,705 members
- Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 SSC 2,743 photos, 468 members
- FD EOS: the Canon DSLR with FD Lenses 824 photos, 169 members
- Satellite™ 29 photos, 232 members
- MOON Shots 94,250 photos, 22,462 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 271,097 photos, 13,650 members
- piers, boardwalks & any thing else sea side 134,818 photos, 10,356 members
- Swansea Bay, Mumbles and Gower 5,682 photos, 262 members
- WelshFlickrCymru 146,489 photos, 2,665 members
- South Wales 39,124 photos, 999 members
- Swansea 10,230 photos, 442 members
- Water Lane 60 photos, 8 members
- Vignette for Android 26,831 photos, 2,159 members
- Palermo, Italy 14,222 photos, 1,481 members
- Empty Underground 1,047 photos, 226 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 431,677 photos, 100,530 members
- City of Westminster 11,605 photos, 641 members
- Small Wheel Society 5,759 photos, 511 members
- Vintage Spirit Photography 203 photos, 1,202 members
- Brompton folding bicycles 9,291 photos, 1,214 members
- Rainbow Warriors 9,495 photos, 4,787 members
- Mushrooms 68,837 photos, 8,568 members
- be Poladroid ! 84,752 photos, 21,471 members
- Connections... 12 photos, 23 members
- The Bathcamp ducks go forth 1,153 photos, 8 members
- GDSF 40 946 photos, 45 members
- GDSF 3,627 photos, 131 members
- Nokia E71 466 photos, 75 members
- Bad translations -- mauvaises traductions -- brutte traduzioni 4,478 photos, 772 members
- Engrish 11,032 photos, 2,822 members
- National Trust 55,602 photos, 4,539 members
- Museum of London 933 photos, 265 members
- The Great Tate Mod Blog 154 photos, 166 members
- Edit Photo 1,561 photos, 421 members
- Rural Decay 174,212 photos, 30,843 members
- Penzance and Newlyn 2,791 photos, 257 members
- Ghosts 11,830 photos, 3,612 members
- WordPress 3,555 photos, 1,765 members
- Herculaneum 845 photos, 66 members
- BARI, Puglia, Italia (BARI, Apulia, Italy) 5,937 photos, 545 members
"Never spoken to the bloke, but found what he said at IFA in Edinburgh very interesting and, dare I say, inspirational."
29th May, 2007
Shadow Giant says:
"What can I say about Tom.
I have known him for some time now through work. He has always given me time and shown patience when I, Mr Technophobe have asked him stupid questions.
Tom has been very instrumental in my joining flickr and has been a great encouragement to me in both my blog and my photography. He is one of my biggest critics and I admire him for his honesty.
Tom is also a wizard with web pages, computers, lighting and photography, but can he hang a door or lay a floor? Probably!.
Both Tom and his wife Tehm are easy going, honest, interesting and intelligent people always ready to give good sound advice. All are rare commodities in one person, to find two such persons is almost unheard of.
15th June, 2006
- Tom Goskar
- August 2005
- Penzance, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog