I'm fascinated by how we used to live, and what the world used to be like. I've been brought up with technology, modern and old, and I've managed to knit them together professionally.
I've been around computers since I was three. I used to work in an archive. I am an archaeologist specialising in archaeological computing.
I love photography and am trying to get better at it. I have a penchant for liking strange electronic and experimental music.
I run Past Thinking, a blog that covers the past, present and future. My personal blog, for things other than heritage is at tom.goskar.com/
Please feel free to tag my photos.
If you'd like to use any of my Creative Commons photos (which is most of them), please feel free. They are generally covered by an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. As per the "Attribution" part of the license, please include my name, Tom Goskar, with a link back to my photostream, or to my personal blog at tom.goskar.com/
Photos of *Tom* (10)
- Santiago de Chile 45,728 photos, 3,599 members
- Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM 12,132 photos, 1,307 members
- Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD SP 25,542 photos, 1,679 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,841,468 photos, 142,692 members
- Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II 59,994 photos, 5,300 members
- Bridges 121,644 photos, 11,500 members
- High Tech Archaeology 147 photos, 31 members
- Copper Industrial Heritage 195 photos, 20 members
- Real Cider 299 photos, 61 members
- Bizarre Illustrations & Drawings & Arts 120,106 photos, 6,668 members
- Boing Boing 87,687 photos, 4,899 members
- Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 SSC 2,998 photos, 510 members
- FD EOS: the Canon DSLR with FD Lenses 854 photos, 183 members
- Satellite™ 29 photos, 234 members
- MOON Shots 96,703 photos, 22,663 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 279,730 photos, 13,759 members
- piers, boardwalks & any thing else sea side 138,938 photos, 10,502 members
- Swansea Bay, Mumbles and Gower 5,947 photos, 264 members
- WelshFlickrCymru 152,180 photos, 2,695 members
- South Wales 41,233 photos, 1,014 members
- Swansea 10,506 photos, 442 members
- Water Lane 61 photos, 8 members
- Vignette for Android 27,192 photos, 2,153 members
- Palermo, Italy 14,585 photos, 1,496 members
- Empty Underground 1,068 photos, 239 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 428,760 photos, 102,763 members
- City of Westminster 12,071 photos, 647 members
- Small Wheel Society 5,851 photos, 510 members
- Vintage Spirit Photography 202 photos, 1,204 members
- Brompton folding bicycles 9,580 photos, 1,243 members
- Rainbow Warriors 9,620 photos, 4,781 members
- Mushrooms 69,801 photos, 8,595 members
- be Poladroid ! 84,010 photos, 21,413 members
- Connections... 12 photos, 22 members
- The Bathcamp ducks go forth 1,157 photos, 8 members
- GDSF 40 940 photos, 44 members
- GDSF 3,897 photos, 134 members
- Nokia E71 459 photos, 75 members
- Bad translations -- mauvaises traductions -- brutte traduzioni 4,526 photos, 784 members
- Engrish 11,169 photos, 2,828 members
- National Trust 57,057 photos, 4,606 members
- Museum of London 915 photos, 270 members
- The Great Tate Mod Blog 157 photos, 166 members
- Edit Photo 1,667 photos, 429 members
- Rural Decay 180,657 photos, 32,544 members
- Penzance and Newlyn 2,887 photos, 263 members
- Ghosts 11,984 photos, 3,641 members
- WordPress 3,625 photos, 1,751 members
- Herculaneum 857 photos, 68 members
- BARI, Puglia, Italia (BARI, Apulia, Italy) 6,031 photos, 549 members
"Never spoken to the bloke, but found what he said at IFA in Edinburgh very interesting and, dare I say, inspirational."
29th May, 2007
Shadow Giant says:
"What can I say about Tom.
I have known him for some time now through work. He has always given me time and shown patience when I, Mr Technophobe have asked him stupid questions.
Tom has been very instrumental in my joining flickr and has been a great encouragement to me in both my blog and my photography. He is one of my biggest critics and I admire him for his honesty.
Tom is also a wizard with web pages, computers, lighting and photography, but can he hang a door or lay a floor? Probably!.
Both Tom and his wife Tehm are easy going, honest, interesting and intelligent people always ready to give good sound advice. All are rare commodities in one person, to find two such persons is almost unheard of.
15th June, 2006
- Tom Goskar
- August 2005
- Penzance, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog