Between work and school I nudge in more than enough time to take random pictures and share them here.
When I'm not working or procrastinating about completing school assignments, I eat daifuku (rice cake). If you're free, let's meet, snack on daifuku, and take some random pictures together!
Facebook | 500px | blog
Any inquiries on my photos, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use any of my photographs without permission, as you only need to ask.
- Smugglers' Notch 686 photos, 41 members
- Vermont 14,989 photos, 938 members
- Vermont People and Places 15,871 photos, 1,162 members
- Vermont Hiking, Climbing & Skiing 1,277 photos, 167 members
- Chicago... 120,761 photos, 8,124 members
- Chicago 56,709 photos, 1,724 members
- Chicago, The Windy City 3,586 photos, 191 members
- canon film photography 139,584 photos, 8,860 members
- Rangefinders 95,662 photos, 2,225 members
- Hexanon & Hexar Users Group (aka HHUG) 5,138 photos, 281 members
- Life in the Street Photography 50,051 photos, 1,248 members
- LGBT 20,955 photos, 2,974 members
- Gay Pride 53,835 photos, 3,014 members
- Toronto 132,116 photos, 8,897 members
- Billiard 2,185 photos, 410 members
- Eight Ball 957 photos, 408 members
- Billiard worldwide - 撞球天地 1,761 photos, 372 members
- Pool Junkies 5,069 photos, 1,319 members
- Canon PowerShot S100 15,402 photos, 1,459 members
- canon digital photography. 398,930 photos, 9,590 members
- Canon PowerShot S90 48,023 photos, 3,143 members
- Nikon 18-55 mm 43,861 photos, 3,232 members
- Fuji X Black and White 15,412 photos, 850 members
- Fuji X Street Gallery 12,015 photos, 521 members
- Fujifilm X Series 32,800 photos, 787 members
- Fuji X100 Street Life 9,592 photos, 434 members
- Candid & Street Photography 755,110 photos, 22,305 members
- I love my cat 289,184 photos, 37,609 members
- B&W 2,999,655 photos, 148,015 members
- Black and White 4,931,018 photos, 243,198 members
- EPSON R-D1 17,220 photos, 797 members
- Smithsonian 6,324 photos, 465 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 2,108 photos, 255 members
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History 1,694 photos, 328 members
- HDR 826,613 photos, 87,647 members
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 623 photos, 188 members
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum 2,184 photos, 227 members
- Smithsonian: National Air and Space Museums 1,916 photos, 362 members
- Washington DC/Metro Area 134,669 photos, 7,863 members
- Washington DC Metro Area Sights 99,463 photos, 5,021 members
- Street Live 218 photos, 60 members
- Nikon D40/x Users 175,654 photos, 8,999 members
- Fuji X100 Shooters 21,938 photos, 949 members
- DIGITAL HOLGAS that don't look like holgas...but are digital... 458 photos, 84 members
- Japan Exposures 2,381 photos, 490 members
- Toy Cameras 293,804 photos, 20,617 members
- Yashica EZ F521 3,151 photos, 515 members
- Fujifilm X100 5,299 photos, 234 members
- Russian Lens World 25,904 photos, 2,520 members
- Fuji X100 Enthusiasts 122,793 photos, 6,869 members
"There's someone out there (namely, the shining star who introduced me to Chris' work) who called him an urban rat who easily transforms into Nature's elf. She's right, and I'm glad she opened my eyes to Daifuku Sensei's stream. Chris has a rare talent for making pictures that tell stories in his photographs. Whether it's nature as it is, nature in the abstract, a mix of both, or whether it's urban in all its grit and rust, in its shiny metallic glory, or (yes) a mix of both... Chris' depiction is uniquely his. I'm not sure what magic he employs, but most times he bends the laws of physics and shows us the world in mind-warping new lights and perspectives. Views from beneath a towering building, views outward from a towering building, ground shots along a train station, unimaginable angles of plants that show them in a completely new light.... all incredibly good, and incredibly Daifuku Sensei. (I even like his HDR works, because he uses HDR to enhance his subject whereas so many others let the HDR use them and ruin their photos.) Just look at his stream, feel the magic, and tell me I'm wrong. I'm every bit confident that you can't."
6th May, 2009
one under the sun says:
"Chris can transform himself from an Urban Rat to the Nature's Elf in no time. His urban shots are vibrant, alive, pulsating. A true HDR Sensei. His nature shots are filled with subtle and dreamy lyricism. And I always wonder how a guy who is so obssessed with cars can see the delicate beauty of a little flower growing between train tracks.
Chris is also lens aficionado and is not afraid to to put them into good use. He is constantly searching for new products or precious oldies found in his dad’s attic.
I have the privilege to know Chris personally. He is my best photo-walk buddy. I always look forward to spending time with him because his enthusiasm is contagious. He is also my teacher and I cannot even think of many times when he helped me with my programs, answered my dumb questions, or fixed my mistakes.
His photostream is a must."
20th February, 2009
Norah M says:
"His shots are different. He knows how to compose them, how to shoot a place/thing from a different angle than most of people do.
He is talented and he can shoot everything! landscape(of course!), macro, nightshots..etc and the outcome is always wonderful and full of life!
When it comes to the personality, I think that Chris is one of the wonderful, lovely and kind people I've ever met here in flickr.
He is one of the first contacts that encouraged me when I started photography and still does.
Thank you Chris.. I'm very happy to know you, you are an amazing flickr friend =)
Keep up the good work..
6th January, 2009
"As one of my earliest contacts on flickr, it has been a real pleasure to follow Chris’ development into a fine photographer. His eye for colour, his appreciation of the dramatic and his experimental heart make his art thoughtful, exciting and fun in equal measure. His photostream is always of a consistently high quality and always worth the time spent viewing. He has a unique style; you know instantly when you see a Daifuku Sensei photo.
At first glance his fantastic HDR and PS treatments jump to the fore, not too surprising given the obvious care and attention he lavishes on his post processing. With Chris you’re not looking at a case of using post processing to cover any defects in composition or technique but as a powerful addition to an already strong photographic identity. HdaRt indeed.
He’s certainly been an inspiration to me. I think I’ve tried more new approaches to my own work because of his influence than that of any other flickr photographer. There can be no doubt that he has sold more 10-20mm lenses than any amount of advertising or hard sell salesmen. Sigma should be paying him to use their lenses. In addition to all this, his kind, considerate and encouraging commenting, allied to his ever ready good humour make him the perfect flickr friend."
17th July, 2008
- Chris Bandera
- April 2007
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: