Between work and school I nudge in more than enough time to take random pictures and share them here.
When I'm not working or procrastinating about completing school assignments, I eat daifuku (rice cake). If you're free, let's meet, snack on daifuku, and take some random pictures together!
Facebook | 500px | blog
Any inquiries on my photos, please contact me at email@example.com. Please do not use any of my photographs without permission, as you only need to ask.
- Video Game Fetishism 7,163 photos, 807 members
- Gamers 9,808 photos, 1,239 members
- Games, games and more games!!! 4,127 photos, 391 members
- Retro Gaming 9,606 photos, 1,889 members
- Video game world 25,008 photos, 3,295 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,010 photos, 598 members
- Console Fanatic Collections 845 photos, 98 members
- Smugglers' Notch 697 photos, 42 members
- Vermont 16,237 photos, 962 members
- Vermont People and Places 17,258 photos, 1,221 members
- Vermont Hiking, Climbing & Skiing 1,294 photos, 171 members
- Chicago... 126,559 photos, 8,226 members
- Chicago 61,837 photos, 1,753 members
- Chicago, The Windy City 4,893 photos, 218 members
- canon film photography 150,917 photos, 9,234 members
- Rangefinders 111,549 photos, 2,408 members
- Hexanon & Hexar Users Group (aka HHUG) 6,040 photos, 318 members
- Life in the Street Photography 60,006 photos, 1,456 members
- LGBT 22,719 photos, 3,006 members
- Gay Pride 57,383 photos, 3,008 members
- Toronto 139,321 photos, 9,204 members
- Billiard 2,158 photos, 427 members
- Eight Ball 972 photos, 418 members
- Billiard worldwide - 撞球天地 1,760 photos, 382 members
- Pool Junkies 5,064 photos, 1,348 members
- Canon PowerShot S100 20,301 photos, 1,566 members
- canon digital photography. 443,685 photos, 10,070 members
- Canon PowerShot S90 48,697 photos, 3,123 members
- Nikon 18-55 mm 50,556 photos, 3,610 members
- Fuji X Black and White 25,527 photos, 1,126 members
- Fuji X Street Gallery 17,032 photos, 629 members
- Fujifilm X Series 58,915 photos, 1,325 members
- Fuji X100&X100S Street Life 11,945 photos, 507 members
- Candid & Street Photography 886,746 photos, 23,887 members
- I love my cat 315,612 photos, 43,214 members
- B&W 3,300,936 photos, 162,678 members
- Black and White 5,465,176 photos, 267,191 members
- EPSON R-D1 18,529 photos, 823 members
- Smithsonian 6,433 photos, 480 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 2,235 photos, 266 members
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History 1,794 photos, 340 members
- HDR 865,830 photos, 88,893 members
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 612 photos, 189 members
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum 2,305 photos, 249 members
- Smithsonian: National Air and Space Museums 2,036 photos, 384 members
- Washington DC/Metro Area 141,774 photos, 8,049 members
- Washington DC Metro Area Sights 104,569 photos, 5,102 members
- Street Live 213 photos, 66 members
- Nikon D40/x Users 177,652 photos, 9,020 members
- Fuji X100 Shooters 25,292 photos, 1,056 members
"There's someone out there (namely, the shining star who introduced me to Chris' work) who called him an urban rat who easily transforms into Nature's elf. She's right, and I'm glad she opened my eyes to Daifuku Sensei's stream. Chris has a rare talent for making pictures that tell stories in his photographs. Whether it's nature as it is, nature in the abstract, a mix of both, or whether it's urban in all its grit and rust, in its shiny metallic glory, or (yes) a mix of both... Chris' depiction is uniquely his. I'm not sure what magic he employs, but most times he bends the laws of physics and shows us the world in mind-warping new lights and perspectives. Views from beneath a towering building, views outward from a towering building, ground shots along a train station, unimaginable angles of plants that show them in a completely new light.... all incredibly good, and incredibly Daifuku Sensei. (I even like his HDR works, because he uses HDR to enhance his subject whereas so many others let the HDR use them and ruin their photos.) Just look at his stream, feel the magic, and tell me I'm wrong. I'm every bit confident that you can't."
6th May, 2009
one under the sun says:
"Chris can transform himself from an Urban Rat to the Nature's Elf in no time. His urban shots are vibrant, alive, pulsating. A true HDR Sensei. His nature shots are filled with subtle and dreamy lyricism. And I always wonder how a guy who is so obssessed with cars can see the delicate beauty of a little flower growing between train tracks.
Chris is also lens aficionado and is not afraid to to put them into good use. He is constantly searching for new products or precious oldies found in his dad’s attic.
I have the privilege to know Chris personally. He is my best photo-walk buddy. I always look forward to spending time with him because his enthusiasm is contagious. He is also my teacher and I cannot even think of many times when he helped me with my programs, answered my dumb questions, or fixed my mistakes.
His photostream is a must."
20th February, 2009
Norah M says:
"His shots are different. He knows how to compose them, how to shoot a place/thing from a different angle than most of people do.
He is talented and he can shoot everything! landscape(of course!), macro, nightshots..etc and the outcome is always wonderful and full of life!
When it comes to the personality, I think that Chris is one of the wonderful, lovely and kind people I've ever met here in flickr.
He is one of the first contacts that encouraged me when I started photography and still does.
Thank you Chris.. I'm very happy to know you, you are an amazing flickr friend =)
Keep up the good work..
6th January, 2009
"As one of my earliest contacts on flickr, it has been a real pleasure to follow Chris’ development into a fine photographer. His eye for colour, his appreciation of the dramatic and his experimental heart make his art thoughtful, exciting and fun in equal measure. His photostream is always of a consistently high quality and always worth the time spent viewing. He has a unique style; you know instantly when you see a Daifuku Sensei photo.
At first glance his fantastic HDR and PS treatments jump to the fore, not too surprising given the obvious care and attention he lavishes on his post processing. With Chris you’re not looking at a case of using post processing to cover any defects in composition or technique but as a powerful addition to an already strong photographic identity. HdaRt indeed.
He’s certainly been an inspiration to me. I think I’ve tried more new approaches to my own work because of his influence than that of any other flickr photographer. There can be no doubt that he has sold more 10-20mm lenses than any amount of advertising or hard sell salesmen. Sigma should be paying him to use their lenses. In addition to all this, his kind, considerate and encouraging commenting, allied to his ever ready good humour make him the perfect flickr friend."
17th July, 2008
- Chris Bandera
- April 2007
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: