Prints of any of my photos are available for purchase. More information here, or just send me a message through flickr, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I grew up in Oregon, but spending two years living in incredibly scenic Vancouver, British Columbia is what inspired me to start taking pictures. I'm back living in Oregon again, with an endless supply of scenery to keep me and my sweetie busy. During the warm and sunny months, we spend most of our free time outdoors, hiking and taking pictures. But even during the winter we try to get out as much as possible.
I love sunsets. Just take a look at my favorites. See all the orange and red in those thumbnails? Sunsets. If given the opportunity, I will go to great lengths to see a good sunset. I can’t explain what it is about a spectacular sunset that inspires such joy and wonder in me. It just does.
Feel free to leave me feedback and comments on photos. I'm open and willing to learn from other people, and I'd love to hear what you have to say.
For nearly three years, I used a Canon Powershot A60. For a few months in 2006, I used my parents' Powershot A75. And now I'm using a Nikon D40 and a Canon Powershot A620.
I love peaches. Hence my screen name, if you were wondering. (And by the way, my little peach picture is a peach-shaped snack stand in Pentiction, BC on the shore of Okanagan Lake. Why is there a giant peach snack stand there? Because the Okanagan region grows a lot of fruit, including peaches, and Penticton is the site of the annual Peachfest.)
If you'd like a print of one of my photos, please see my web site below.
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 9,937 photos, 766 members
- Willamette National Forest 5 photos, 1 member
- Backcountry Idaho 362 photos, 67 members
- Outdoor Idaho Photography 7,202 photos, 454 members
- Idaho 10,425 photos, 436 members
- Stars Stars Stars 1,703 photos, 541 members
- Canyonlands 3,398 photos, 375 members
- Canyonlands National Park 962 photos, 159 members
- Utah Hiking 688 photos, 72 members
- Utah 52,217 photos, 2,889 members
- Utah Landscapes 44,244 photos, 3,710 members
- Tryon Creek State Park 18 photos, 4 members
- Big Sur, California 10,658 photos, 1,483 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,158 photos, 3,942 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 15,955 photos, 3,128 members
- San Francisco 230,251 photos, 13,908 members
- Wallowa-Whitman National Forest 13 photos, 3 members
- Eagle Cap Wilderness 23 photos, 4 members
- Doors and windows 52,541 photos, 2,440 members
- windows & balconies lovers 73,454 photos, 5,097 members
- Oregon Covered Bridges 1,115 photos, 247 members
- Cute Kittens 43,556 photos, 5,437 members
- Kittens, Kittens, and more Kittens! 3,944 photos, 612 members
- Skagit Tulip Festival 1,000 photos, 112 members
- Night and darkness 101,996 photos, 8,037 members
- fire lookout towers and guard stations 2,204 photos, 287 members
- Alien Skin Software 13,066 photos, 1,852 members
- Backpacking and Hiking pictures 16,664 photos, 1,219 members
- Tulip Tuesday 1,050 photos, 223 members
- Achromatic Landscape Wednesdays 3,887 photos, 381 members
- Goat Rocks Wilderness 53 photos, 12 members
- Mount Baker 1,436 photos, 196 members
- Mount Shuksan, The Best of 443 photos, 104 members
- Tunnel Vision 9,252 photos, 2,005 members
- Tunnels 4,771 photos, 1,658 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 2,846 photos, 349 members
- PETOGRAPHY 23,464 photos, 1,123 members
- Pets, Pets, Pets!!! 4,382 photos, 277 members
- Woodburn Tulip Festival 926 photos, 128 members
- Hood River 231 photos, 47 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 188,375 photos, 6,211 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 33,439 photos, 4,574 members
- Furry Friday 39,067 photos, 1,903 members
- Waterfall Wednesday 2,128 photos, 201 members
- BOKEH - for the common folk 197,883 photos, 8,659 members
- bokeh 194,206 photos, 39,881 members
- Forest Park [PDX] 96 photos, 26 members
- Wooded Paths 280 photos, 53 members
- Nature of Portland 3,917 photos, 191 members
- Adorable Cats 21,988 photos, 809 members
Marco Anticosti says:
"Thank you very much for adding me to your friend.
Your gallery is fantastic I like all of your picture
Bravo great work :)"
21st December, 2009
"Lot's of photographers take beautiful shots of the destinations of a hike, only a few take and share the many beautiful scenes and vignettes that one sees along the way, and fewer still do both as wonderfully as Cheryl does!"
19th July, 2009
"I'm amazed by the variety of beautiful locations Cheryl photographs; places most people don't know about."
15th December, 2007
"These photos are magnificent!"
26th September, 2007
"Cheryl is a lover of beauty, plan and simple. She is certainly a breath of fresh air here on flickr."
14th August, 2006
- September 2005
- Portland, OR, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Just Peachy