Flickr, my digital scrapbook... random, not a show.
If you are interested in using one of my images in a project drop me a line for more details...
All are copyrighted.
As featured in.
light leaks magazine
Jet pac magazine
The Photo playground
Chinese wax Job
Dazed and confused
Solo show at.
Recently exhibited at.
Whitstable Biennale satellite (twice)
Photos of DJ Bass (11)
- Duck Pop 326 photos, 49 members
- 01 Magazine 1,166 photos, 2,273 members
- AUBADE Magazine (currently unedited-I'm spending 2012 writing) 12,223 photos, 307 members
- TELL MUM EVERYTHING IS OK 4,558 photos, 3,504 members
- Alec Soth's "From Here To There" Flickr Project 2,598 photos, 1,166 members
- A Stop 14,913 photos, 2,110 members
- NO-FI 20,731 photos, 1,014 members
- kaugummi books /// contemporary works blog /// new artists searc 1,260 photos, 692 members
- theprintspace 35,169 photos, 2,410 members
- Svärta (http://svrta.org) 87,591 photos, 2,570 members
- WANE Magazine 868 photos, 1,185 members
- Booooooom.com! 266,090 photos, 16,466 members
- The Photo Playground 2,113 photos, 108 members
- HUH. Submissions 255,010 photos, 9,618 members
- The Cruel Sea 1,783 photos, 192 members
- Nikon Nikonos 1,583 photos, 307 members
- RAW Magazine Group 41,162 photos, 2,133 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 14,059 photos, 12,554 members
- jetpac magazine 6,462 photos, 260 members
- Beach Photography 422,962 photos, 60,753 members
- foto8 9,534 photos, 967 members
- POO AND WEE DIRECTIONS 266 photos, 75 members
- Walker Evans influenced... 4,188 photos, 286 members
- *poetry of images 79,998 photos, 2,613 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 14,867 photos, 5,360 members
- THE WESTBROOK GROUP 1,494 photos, 63 members
- I Shoot Film 2,123,731 photos, 85,799 members
- The Lost Promenade 2,098 photos, 259 members
- Stone Cladding 354 photos, 33 members
- Hasselblad 229,181 photos, 11,413 members
- mediumformat film portraits (only your best) 21,767 photos, 1,561 members
- 3000 V + 120 F [before joining tag 3000v120f !!!!!!!!] 1,850 photos, 317 members
- Vacuums that SUCK! 148 photos, 54 members
- 1500 views + 60 faves - Quality AND Quantity 2,914 photos, 722 members
- British litter, rubbish and trash 7,774 photos, 769 members
- 100+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 18,883 photos, 2,945 members
- Views: 10000 4,705 photos, 3,211 members
- Holgagraphy 162,062 photos, 15,713 members
- Holga 250,002 photos, 19,392 members
- Slow Photos 977 photos, 130 members
- Found! on Flickr 1,373 photos, 368 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 474,340 photos, 23,656 members
- 500+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 279 photos, 350 members
- Bags in the Wind 60 photos, 32 members
- Beside the Seaside 11,223 photos, 581 members
- Theories about abandon. 3,020 photos, 251 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 357,258 photos, 12,863 members
- Lost or abandoned shoes 1,598 photos, 258 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 585,789 photos, 25,880 members
- Ion Magazine Photo Gallery 8,580 photos, 364 members
"DJ Bass turns the basest of human detritus into photographic gold."
16th January, 2009
"If you want to see what is washed up on the beach at Margate, Dan's photostream is the place to go. Amazing stuff!"
9th April, 2009
the lurcher says:
"Dan is one of my best finds on flickr, i love the way his pictures appear on the screen, just above some text explaining them. His work never ceases. The best thing about Dan is his ability to turn things into digital images that then can be seen on the web... genius! Keep taking stills dude!"
24th July, 2008
"Dan's work always makes me do a double take. He is so adept at making the familiar suddenly seem unfamiliar. His ability to take an ordinary object and manipulate it's perspective to the point of absurdity, is incredibly talented. His eye for the unusual within the mundane can be startling and you find yourself wondering how you missed it yourself. His series on discarded items on the beach is genius and I wish I had thought of it first, although I'm not at all sure I would have the same ability to give such items so much power and character. I look forward to every new image, his conceptual thinking is phenomenal."
20th June, 2008
"When I walk by seeing these abandoned things I think of this DJBass Magician who transforms with his wand the boring things into things full of poetry ...
I have a quote of Jean Cocteau for you : "Je sais que la poésie est indispensable, mais je ne sais pas à quoi." ... " I know that the poetry is indispensable, but I do not know in what."
Go ! Go ! DJ DAn ..."
24th April, 2008
"*Hands in the salty air*
26th February, 2008
El Gato Negro says:
"I love Dan's work, he has his own style and see poetry where everyone one just walk through...
he is also a great contact, with great comments and lots of heart..
happy hollidays and keep up the great work in 2008..."
25th December, 2007
"Dan is one of the best finds i have made this year, sheer laugh out loud comedy with a twisted evil genius in finding delicious found objects, bizarre graffiti and some of the most poetic soulful shots i have ever seen. He teaches you to use your eyes and look everywhere........ and not to drop litter or to write naughty words on walls"
15th November, 2007
"Dan documents a wonderful alternative world, his photostream is full of surprises, sometimes beautiful, sometimes crazy, always interesting"
23rd October, 2007
Spike Fisher says:
"DJ Bass's collection abandoned for me is by far the best collection of photographs I have seen on Flickr - amusing, informative and technically excellent"
17th October, 2007
"DJ Bass is one of the few photographers whose pictures show a clear concept and style. They can easily be distinguished from other people's photos of similar subjects because his style is unique!
I browse his stream quite often 'cause I can't get enough of these pics.
Daniel, please go on like this, I love your photos!!!
8th October, 2007
"DJ Bass has an uncanny knack for noticing the unnoticed! I love looking at the world through his eyes and I appreciate his view. He is a talented artist who paints with his lens. Thank you DJ for noticing..."
2nd October, 2007
- February 2007
- Isle of Thanet, about 80 miles outside of London
- I am:
- Male and Taken