chrisfriel's photostream Pro User
british colour blind painter who bought a camera in 2006 and hasn't painted since.
shortlisted for the sunday times landscape photographer of the year for the last 4 years, and won a judge's choice award in 2011.
- *Whispering Soul* 3,646 photos, 575 members
- Flickr Fine Art Portrait Gallery 53,914 photos, 3,743 members
- Portraits (Individuality, Imagination, Originality) 25,690 photos, 12,988 members
- Multiple Exposure 43,217 photos, 5,914 members
- Akinabooks 1,375 photos, 522 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,939 photos, 12,650 members
- Landscape Exhibition 22,475 photos, 9,219 members
- A.I.M. 2011 ; SECOND NIGHT EVENT "PORTRAIT" nov 11st 113 photos, 27 members
- Abstract Impressions 14,405 photos, 1,689 members
- The smirk magazine subscriptions 5,423 photos, 560 members
- AUBADE Magazine (currently unedited-I'm spending 2012 writing) 11,423 photos, 301 members
- The Textured Landscape (Painterly Quality Only) 11,102 photos, 1,543 members
- Homemade Lens 4,810 photos, 1,785 members
- Painterly 33,813 photos, 1,537 members
- Photographic Impressionism 49,582 photos, 3,043 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - NEW Moderators promoted 23,005 photos, 2,623 members
- EAST KENT CAMERAS uk 19,691 photos, 395 members
- Creative Landscapes 2,072 photos, 396 members
- Natural Landscapes 17,370 photos, 3,255 members
- Masters of the 21st Century 84 photos, 186 members
- focusschmocus 15,103 photos, 2,000 members
- Deliberate Motion Blur: The Best of the Movers and Shakers! 21,819 photos, 2,592 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 15,768 members
- "UK Fine Art Landscape Photography" (Invited) 6,760 photos, 332 members
- Life in.... 785 photos, 101 members
- Adobe Lightroom 21,353 photos, 21,320 members
- The Art of Landscape Composition, UK 500 photos, 116 members
- Bianco e Nero - OCCHIROSSI Festival Slideshow 128 photos, 51 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 373,487 photos, 17,055 members
- a project for stephen harrison (borrowed_time) 59 photos, 46 members
- Tilt Shift 24,162 photos, 3,834 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 902,097 photos, 56,367 members
- DoF 715,752 photos, 56,840 members
- WC- Without Colours 680 photos, 835 members
- Classic Moments, the Book 100 photos, 87 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-Freie Kunst-INVITED PIX ONLY 49,457 photos, 7,842 members
- Night Images 866,374 photos, 106,590 members
- nighthawks 256,437 photos, 18,436 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 216,923 photos, 13,107 members
- Long Exposure 500,601 photos, 49,085 members
- Street Portrait Classics.... The Book 95 photos, 158 members
- "The Decisive Moment" - Henri Cartier-Bresson 31,282 photos, 7,009 members
- Scenics, not just landscapes! 145,062 photos, 9,114 members
- A natural landscapes photo group (please read the rules) 125,470 photos, 9,297 members
- * gallmese's b&w gallery * 17,615 photos, 2,587 members
- Nature in Black and White 13,396 photos, 1,636 members
- Black & White Fine Art (NO portraits!) 48,061 photos, 2,410 members
- Digital Classic Black and White 76,638 photos, 3,591 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 374,450 photos, 50,680 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,411,302 photos, 123,491 members
"I have not written this before because I always thought you were way too big for me to add anything.
You are definitely big. I think I once said that it is almost as if you do not belong to Flicker, but instead to museums and art galleries, but I’m grateful that you are because I can see what you do.
My favourite photos, without a hint of doubt."
25th August, 2011
"There are certain photographers whose work leaves me in awe. They aren't role models because I know that they're of a standard to which I cannot aspire. But I can sit back and enjoy their work and delight in their journey of discovery. You're one of these, Chris, and so thank you for the pleasure."
18th January, 2011
"an endless and constant inspiration"
26th November, 2010
O-Ren Ishii (Giorgio) says:
"Chris is an Artist."
5th September, 2009
"Each capture is unique. And yet, there are so many of them. Superb!"
16th March, 2009
"Chris has become a favorite photographer of mine over recent months. He has an ability to see the world around us in a surreal and unique way and we are blessed that he has the ability to capture what he sees with his camera. His use of monochrome images depicting a world of tones, humour and changing depth is something I really admire and aspire to. I love his use of tilt and shift lenses to create points of focus. I love his ability to capture the 'decisive moment'. I love the fact he has opened to me a whole new world of photographic possibilities. This photographer is one to watch."
24th April, 2009
"What can I say...one of a few photographers I´m always looking at his work here at flickr. Always bringing something new here. I really apreciate that"
30th April, 2009
"Flickr should write a script to automatically fave his pics as soon as he uploads them. Just try to imagine the amount of time that could be saved this way!
29th May, 2009
such an amazing..
10th August, 2009
Emre Ucar says:
"Chris is so talented in seting up the composition and measuring the light. His B&W's are excellent in terms of contrast. You can find evry tone of the black and whites in his photos. The way he measures the light and utilize it is just perfect. I do adore him. You must have a look at his stream and then you'll be be addicted to his stream."
3rd December, 2008
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Chris is definitely an Artist with a big "A".
Each picture is a magnificent vision of a part of our Planet.
I don't understand how he knows to capture such perspective and pictorial benefits in places you couldn't expect with.
A very accurate sense in lighting, composition and dramatic atmosphere, but in every picture, a simple and great beauty.
A Master Painter."
8th October, 2008
Dirk Delbaere says:
"chrisfriel's photostream is a a constant source of inspiration to me. I found his artwork a few days ago and I often return to enjoy.You will find great black and white photos, very calm,a clear style. There is always a great mood. His photos are real masterpieces, I can look at them for hours. The next step should be a book.
26th September, 2008
Jaime Frias Gutiérrez says:
"Chris, el poder observar tus trabajos queda en mi una sensación de profunda admiración, no solo por el hecho de poder decir lo hermosas que estas son, sino la inmensidad de lecturas que se le pueden dar. Cada una de tus fotos reflejan ideas conceptuarles de una sólida composición, me refiero a la capacidad nata que tienes de capturar la trascendencia de lo común y lo poco cuidadosos que somos muchas veces con los pequeños detalles, estos que nos hacen ver una imagen no solo como lo que son, sino que para detenerse a preguntar muchas veces el porque de nuestros actos, pensamientos y quizás el porque de nuestra existencia.
Como dicen por hay, las mejores fotos son las que se toman sin cámara… es por esto que imagino cada uno de los lugares y situaciones en los cuales te has dispuesto a comenzar un nuevo trabajo, imaginando todas las cosas que pasan por tu mente en aquellos momentos. Eso es una de las cosas más destacables de tus obras, el poder hacernos imaginar como espectadores tu forma de ver la vida.
Estas son nada más que las palabras sinceras de un chico de 17 años de Valdivia, Chile que admira tus trabajos.
Saludos afectuosamente desde Valdivia, Chile
Jaime Frías Gutiérrez."
19th August, 2008
Luis Montemayor says:
"Your work is just amazing, love the world you capture with your camera, it seems like you have pause the world and show us the beauty of it. Everything is also very dreamy (dreamlike), like if the world was empty with no soul in only for your subjects."
18th August, 2008
"I could spend days in your photostream getting lost in your images.. your work is truly timeless.
You have such an eye, and an *exceptional* ability to convey mood and make an impact with every picture you take."
28th June, 2008
"i bet nature salutes you for how you portrait her... your work is brilliant in every form, one of the best in b & w."
16th June, 2008
una cierta mirada says:
"Un trabajo impresionante, con la luz justa y con un sentido personal y preciso de la composición."
11th June, 2008
"amazing work, stunning compositions and beautiful black & whites."
8th February, 2008
"Your pics just froze time and space enanched by the stunning b&w tones.Great photographer."
16th January, 2008
* sup ress * says:
"ce stream est
je ne sais plus comment je suis tombée dessus
un des hasards de flickr
je suis amoureuse de chacune de ces images
21st November, 2007
"The word "masterpiece" comes to mind when viewing chrisfriel's stream! I've just recently come into contact with this amazing black and white photographer and I find that his "art " haunts me long after I fave his captures! I love coming to his stream for I'm always treated with outstanding tones, lines,depth and texture! I look forward to see what this keen eyed artist has in store. :)"
9th November, 2007
"got into photography only recently and has built up a fantastic portfolio of images that capture home and away in his own unique style.
not bad at sound either..........."
5th November, 2007
Marco Bianchi says:
"His B&Ws are simply amazing. Everytime a stop in front of one of them, I feel free to dream."
26th September, 2007
Gianmarco Lodi says:
"not a moment photographer but an eternal photographer the risk of being enchanted by the endless space"
23rd September, 2007
- CHRIS FRIEL
- August 2007