Been playing around with a digital camera since about 2002, and a range of film cameras (SLR's and compacts) since I was a student at Art School in the late 70's and early 80's. I now use the Olympic E System, but always have a little Canon Ixus in my pocket.
I live in a very photogenic part of the globe, and travel a fair bit to other, almost as photogenic bits, of the planet.
Oh and my wife and sons are photogenic too.....
My best photos are showcased at (and limited edition prints can be purchased though) my website - www.calumdavidson.com/
An eclectic collection of my photos can be licensed through Getty Images, where my presence is proving that there is a lively market for Creative Shots of Oil Rigs.
My photoblog is The Green Isle of the Great Deep
I wrote the Photographers Guide to Cromarty the small Scottish Highland Town where I live.
I co-admin the Scotland, Lurkation, Wartime Defences, and Moray Firth pools.
I set up the Scotland Flickr Blog - the very best of the Scotland Pool on Flickr, and run it with Viche .
I also started four modest groups - the Cromarty,the Ross-shire, the County of Sutherland and the Scotland from the Air Pools, and keep meaning to set up a "Vertical elements in the Landscape" pool but have never quite managed it yet...
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 11,162 photos, 3,465 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 3,540 photos, 745 members
- Cool Renewable Energy Pictures 677 photos, 90 members
- Cádiz 15,122 photos, 926 members
- Olympus E-System Community 374,884 photos, 10,516 members
- Inaccessible places British isles 182 photos, 22 members
- Amar Lisboa - Loving Lisbon 20,815 photos, 1,209 members
- Olympus EPL-1 3,000 photos, 147 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 626 members
- Architecture Scotland 4,385 photos, 245 members
- Crofters and Crofting. 83 photos, 6 members
- Your views of Scotland 80 photos, 23 members
- Fly By Night 2,381 photos, 166 members
- Olympus Cafe 11,963 photos, 166 members
- PILLBOX STUDY GROUP 11,666 photos, 293 members
- Photographic Guide To Scotland - GeoTagging Scotland 11,635 photos, 366 members
- Broch 44 photos, 10 members
- The Northern Isles 4,143 photos, 148 members
- Argyll and Bute 17,658 photos, 555 members
- Ghost World 343 photos, 5,947 members
- ww2 Airfields 943 photos, 139 members
- Alamy Stock Photography 1,013 photos, 204 members
- Harry's Bar 1,376 photos, 61 members
- Olympus E-30 29,514 photos, 708 members
- Getty Friends UK 4,864 photos, 142 members
- Torn Posters 5,045 photos, 549 members
- Literary Scotland 2,821 photos, 146 members
- Dougie Huts 483 photos, 67 members
- 2010 Only 5,029 photos, 175 members
- Shipbreaking 258 photos, 35 members
- Building Scotland 3,459 photos, 167 members
- Scottish Houses 1,301 photos, 104 members
- Disappearing Scotland 4,570 photos, 245 members
- Oxfordshire 21,091 photos, 933 members
- Cromarty 767 photos, 40 members
- Square Scotland 8,767 photos, 414 members
- Toledo, España 9,546 photos, 742 members
- Scottish Airports 11,198 photos, 125 members
- Fort William MTB World Championship 660 photos, 42 members
- Refugee Week Scotland 2009 - What does home mean to you? 9 photos, 6 members
- Story Behind the Picture: Non Fiction 3,192 photos, 240 members
- UnMundane 474 photos, 89 members
- A Place For Us 1,459 photos, 31 members
- Washington DC/Metro Area 135,149 photos, 7,877 members
- Haar 109 photos, 28 members
- Highlands and Islands of Scotland 32,305 photos, 1,027 members
- VIC 32 132 photos, 22 members
- Crofting 363 photos, 33 members
- Black Isle - Scotland 2,217 photos, 117 members
- ◄ FISHING VESSELS ►☼◄ WORLD-WIDE ► 11,484 photos, 854 members
"His photos of Comarty really capture the area in all it's moods my fav's are his BW of the local church. You can tell how he loves the place by the soul in those pics
He's done a lot for Scottish flicker life here and is da godfader of the Scotland group"
7th August, 2006
"I always look forward to Calums postings on Flickr, his photos of the Highlands are always beautiful and interesting, and capture the real flavour of the area. One of my favourite Flickrites!"
25th December, 2005
- Calum Davidson
- December 2004
- Thurso, Caithness
- Cromarty, Ross-shire, Scotland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Regional Planner and Photographer