Been playing around with a digital camera since about 2002, and a range of film cameras (SLR's and compacts) since I was a student at Art School in the late 70's and early 80's. I now use the Olympic E System, but always have a little Canon Ixus in my pocket.
I live in a very photogenic part of the globe, and travel a fair bit to other, almost as photogenic bits, of the planet.
Oh and my wife and sons are photogenic too.....
My best photos are showcased at (and limited edition prints can be purchased though) my website - www.calumdavidson.com/
An eclectic collection of my photos can be licensed through Getty Images, where my presence is proving that there is a lively market for Creative Shots of Oil Rigs.
My photoblog is The Green Isle of the Great Deep
I wrote the Photographers Guide to Cromarty the small Scottish Highland Town where I live.
I co-admin the Scotland, Lurkation, Wartime Defences, and Moray Firth pools.
I set up the Scotland Flickr Blog - the very best of the Scotland Pool on Flickr, and run it with Viche .
I also started four modest groups - the Cromarty,the Ross-shire, the County of Sutherland and the Scotland from the Air Pools, and keep meaning to set up a "Vertical elements in the Landscape" pool but have never quite managed it yet...
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 11,649 photos, 3,564 members
- Wind Turbine / Windenergieanlage / Windpark / Wind Farm 3,703 photos, 769 members
- Cool Renewable Energy Pictures 723 photos, 92 members
- Cádiz 15,833 photos, 965 members
- Olympus E-System Community 401,693 photos, 10,762 members
- Inaccessible places British isles 198 photos, 25 members
- Amar Lisboa - Loving Lisbon 22,720 photos, 1,276 members
- Olympus EPL-1 3,132 photos, 152 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 641 members
- Architecture Scotland 4,783 photos, 251 members
- Crofters and Crofting. 83 photos, 6 members
- Your views of Scotland 80 photos, 22 members
- Fly By Night 2,375 photos, 166 members
- Olympus Cafe 13,713 photos, 180 members
- PILLBOX STUDY GROUP 12,710 photos, 303 members
- Photographic Guide To Scotland - GeoTagging Scotland 12,787 photos, 366 members
- Broch 48 photos, 12 members
- The Northern Isles 4,483 photos, 163 members
- Argyll and Bute 19,140 photos, 577 members
- Ghost World 334 photos, 5,931 members
- ww2 Airfields 887 photos, 148 members
- Alamy Stock Photography 1,209 photos, 214 members
- Harry's Bar 1,422 photos, 59 members
- Olympus E-30 30,900 photos, 715 members
- Getty Friends UK 5,100 photos, 162 members
- Torn Posters 5,320 photos, 551 members
- Literary Scotland 3,141 photos, 151 members
- Dougie Huts 448 photos, 67 members
- 2010 Only 4,891 photos, 174 members
- Shipbreaking 262 photos, 35 members
- Building Scotland 3,959 photos, 172 members
- Scottish Houses 1,351 photos, 104 members
- Disappearing Scotland 4,886 photos, 256 members
- Oxfordshire 22,691 photos, 960 members
- Cromarty 801 photos, 41 members
- Square Scotland 9,116 photos, 413 members
- Toledo, España 10,026 photos, 758 members
- Scottish Airports 12,919 photos, 138 members
- Fort William MTB World Championship 626 photos, 42 members
- Refugee Week Scotland 2009 - What does home mean to you? 9 photos, 5 members
- Story Behind the Picture: Non Fiction 3,216 photos, 240 members
- UnMundane 464 photos, 89 members
- A Place For Us 1,481 photos, 29 members
- Washington DC/Metro Area 141,795 photos, 8,050 members
- Haar 123 photos, 29 members
- Highlands and Islands of Scotland 36,315 photos, 1,090 members
- VIC 32 139 photos, 22 members
- Crofting 365 photos, 33 members
- Black Isle - Scotland 2,371 photos, 118 members
- ◄ FISHING VESSELS ►☼◄ WORLD-WIDE ► 12,452 photos, 859 members
"His photos of Comarty really capture the area in all it's moods my fav's are his BW of the local church. You can tell how he loves the place by the soul in those pics
He's done a lot for Scottish flicker life here and is da godfader of the Scotland group"
7th August, 2006
"I always look forward to Calums postings on Flickr, his photos of the Highlands are always beautiful and interesting, and capture the real flavour of the area. One of my favourite Flickrites!"
25th December, 2005
- Calum Davidson
- December 2004
- Thurso, Caithness
- Cromarty, Ross-shire, Scotland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Regional Planner and Photographer