Flickr Founder, friend of small dogs, art fiend, book lover. I love Flickr!
I can't answer any emails that come to my personal Flickr Mail account (I delete them without reading them). Please check out the help page or post in the forums.
- Make:SF - the Bay Makers 1,120 photos, 60 members
- Hello Little Fella! 1,412 photos, 405 members
- San FranGone: The City as it Was 2,488 photos, 421 members
- Alphabattle 2.0- 2010 712 photos, 342 members
- B3S-Alphabattle 129 photos, 153 members
- NOPNA 106 photos, 35 members
- Scream Real Loud!!! 18 photos, 78 members
- From Memory (was: Maps From Memory) 162 photos, 222 members
- Telstar Logistics Aboard the Jeremiah O'Brien 285 photos, 11 members
- Faceball 255 photos, 107 members
- Celebrity Detritus 37 photos, 64 members
- Hack Day 2006 925 photos, 56 members
- Fiberglass Mascots 1,192 photos, 208 members
- The Great Leap 108 photos, 18 members
- OSBall 24 photos, 11 members
- Faces of ONE 1,048 photos, 4,819 members
- CRAFT 236,482 photos, 14,041 members
- Free Range Mule Shirts 191 photos, 95 members
- Mash Pit 83 photos, 36 members
- Missing Person Photos 33 photos, 29 members
- Streetsy.com 473,303 photos, 6,293 members
- flickr that tune! 14 photos, 23 members
- Maître Goulemer et Miladus 44 photos, 2 members
- Ritual Roasters 346 photos, 84 members
- Wine Memory Jogger 427 photos, 151 members
- Flick off ...!.?.!... D Day and Beyond 7,622 photos, 1,237 members
- House Numbers 2,075 photos, 268 members
- BlogHer 05 93 photos, 23 members
- Guess Where SF 29,983 photos, 1,605 members
- flickrsnout 23 photos, 12 members
- flickr schwag 144 photos, 122 members
- Fotolog.net - 1 per page !! read 40,115 photos, 1,353 members
- Flickr API 803 photos, 13,210 members
- flickr fan art 2,341 photos, 4,411 members
- Flickr Hacks 447 photos, 17,706 members
- Cal's Shirts 59 photos, 28 members
- FlickrDiscuss 37 photos, 108 members
- Prohibited / Prohibido 1,409 photos, 374 members
- Flickr Is Having a Massage 9 photos, 45 members
- FlickrSoup for the Soul 646,071 photos, 15,152 members
- MAKE 59,602 photos, 7,887 members
- _ minimalism 6,870 photos, 2,694 members
- Photo Hunt (word lists) 99 photos, 72 members
- One Color 1,278 photos, 152 members
- Ali & Elise's Honeymoon 71 photos, 7 members
- FlickrSocial (two or more people in the photo) 47,008 photos, 3,320 members
- Velveteen Rabbit 114 photos, 142 members
- Abandoned Apparel 1,167 photos, 348 members
- Serious Business 4 photos, 129 members
- there are no boring photos (formerly: boring photos) POOL CLOSED 880 photos, 586 members
"One day soon, if not already, Flickr will be used as a case study in marketing innovation in b-schools. A handful of people in Vancouver dragged the world into Web 2.0 and changed not just photo sharing but how we think of Web-based services. And when students read about how it all happened, they'll learn that it was Caterina who led the marketing charge, running rings around Valley marketing managers with MBAs who thought -- wrongly -- that they knew better. What do you know? In the end, clever, driven, talented, and kind people win after all. Hooray for happy endings!"
10th December, 2005
Matt Stevens says:
"Hemingway was wrong. Courage is not grace under pressure. Caterina is.
Caterina is whimsy in a hurricane. (Who else would throw doggerel verse into a snake-pit of second-guessing clients accusing her of caving in to the Patriot Act?) She's sharp business sense softened with humor and leavened with humility. Caterina is smarts raised to the level of style.
I've never even met this woman, but I know she's really cool."
22nd June, 2005
"San Francisco cried the day Caterina left. But now she's back, with all of her colorful coats, and the city is bright and smiling again. Welcome home, Cat!"
1st June, 2005
"Caterina's smile lights up whatever room she's in."
11th April, 2005
"She reads books. I like that a lot."
24th January, 2005
"Caterina is a mystery. I have never met anyone who so easily balanced being confident and dynamic with being so incredibly genuine and passionate and kind. She’s had my rapt attention since the day I met her."
1st September, 2004
"Infectiously, impossibly perceptive, lucid, charming and just plain nice. Had me wondering whether everyone in Vancouver is inherently nice, whether Vancouver just attracts that type of personality... or whether the city is putting something in the water."
19th July, 2004
"A funny, sweet girl with a great photo eye!"
10th July, 2004
polymath blues says:
"Una groovy chica con un perro lindo!"
27th May, 2004
"progressive, determined, playful, lexicon, phosphorescent, willful, crafty, refined, inventive"
29th April, 2004
"Caterina is the frist person I met on flickr and she is so cool. I looking foward to having a long friendship with her"
2nd April, 2004
"It's annoying that Caterina comes off as so cultured and beautifully smart while always making people feel welcome around her."
10th March, 2004
"Who is she - the MarcCanter of Flickr? She's got the MOST friends here! UnFair - I claim nepotism!"
7th March, 2004
"A set of nesting tables was convicted of bigamy."
24th February, 2004
"I hope Stewart realises how lucky he is."
3rd February, 2004
"It's amazing that Caterina comes off as so cultured and beautifully smart while always making people feel welcome around her."
3rd February, 2004
"Caterina likes books in the same way the rest of us like air. She knows more words than Shakespeare and she knows how to spell them too!"
2nd February, 2004
"caterina is swell."
14th January, 2004
- Caterina Fake
- May 2003
- East Coast, USA
- San Francisco, CA