- 'RoidWeek 2014 0 photos, 143 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 3,072 photos, 1,021 members
- Canon 7D Digital SLR 344,283 photos, 9,962 members
- 'RoidWeek 2012 3,296 photos, 1,117 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,274 photos, 1,312 members
- Polaroid Film 17,483 photos, 935 members
- sfgirlbybay 16,945 photos, 1,086 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,475 photos, 1,657 members
- All-Mighty Clothing 1,845 photos, 279 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 114,766 photos, 8,118 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 5,052 photos, 1,333 members
- Polaroid Apocalypse 3,893 photos, 403 members
- BOYCOTT POLAROID! 2,535 photos, 1,157 members
- Hasselblad 229,558 photos, 11,430 members
- Save Polaroid - Self Portraits 574 photos, 5,543 members
- pola weekly 2,534 photos, 252 members
- plroid 12,352 photos, 386 members
- 'Roid Week 2008 2,736 photos, 854 members
- Affinity 0 photos, 2 members
- Polaroid Nerd Out 2012 1,482 photos, 273 members
- Polaroid SLR 680 16,979 photos, 936 members
- TDW/TCW 163 photos, 41 members
- Polaroid Land Camera 42,526 photos, 4,833 members
- 'Roid Week 2007 1,652 photos, 395 members
- Polaroid Spectra 19,885 photos, 2,246 members
- 'Roid Week 2006 210 photos, 82 members
- pola-diptych 4,261 photos, 925 members
- Diners 7,308 photos, 1,917 members
- My boston terrier is cuter than your boston terrier. 14,892 photos, 1,066 members
- SF Flickr Social 9,858 photos, 906 members
- Polaroid 271,788 photos, 25,364 members
- Man-Back 627 photos, 95 members
- San Francisco 225,569 photos, 13,733 members
- Boston Commons 14,040 photos, 581 members
"cate takes photographs... really plucks them from the universe. it's astounding.
also, she hoards polaroid film."
2nd July, 2008
"she's one of those people who only come around once in a while, and that's if you're lucky, very special is she."
29th December, 2007
"pretty pretty polaroid princess!
adore her a zillion times over."
13th November, 2007
"Awe inspiring in so many ways -- she's one of west coast's finest! Oh - and she has the cutest doggies in the world, too!"
26th September, 2007
Pamela Drouin says:
"Converses quite well with persons of one toof.
Seriously - I have never seen more heartbreakingly pulchritudinous polaroids than Cate's. I had to break out the dictionary for that one, they are so good. Oh, and Cate's uber-sweet to boot :)"
26th September, 2007
"Cate, or as she would like to be called *cate*, once shivved me in a men's locker room in box elder, MO, took my chain wallet and proceeded to take Polaroids of me lying in a pool of my own blood. I know she will post them soon on flickr cause even I think they are amazing."
25th September, 2007
"wrecks my whole shit"
9th September, 2007
"* cate * is the polaroid spectra queen. I always get excited when I see something new in her stream."
6th September, 2007
truck stop tea party says:
"inspirationammmazicle fotos that I ALWAYS admire!"
1st September, 2007
myla kent says:
"Her work is, in a word: sublime."
5th August, 2007
"cate inspires me in more ways than i can count -- she's totally gotten me started down the polaroid road, she's become a beloved friend and film-freak and shooting partner, and her photos never cease to knock me completely ass-over-teacups -- wonderful angles, strange and swirling colors, just the perfect touch of sweetness or sinister-ness or... always simple and elegant, yet wildly complex in their impact. i often wish i could see through her eyes."
10th July, 2007
"I can't keep up with her amazing shots!
just fabulous all around,
no matter what format film or camera"
6th July, 2007
blackbird singing says:
28th June, 2007
nyra lang says:
24th June, 2007
"I would say something snide, but I owe her a beer. A proper one that is, not like that muck they drink in SF..."
7th April, 2007
mittens oh my! says:
"A camera in her hands is a magic wand and she is an enchanted princess photographer. i love her...like really, really love her."
14th January, 2007
SF buckaroo says:
"cate-- AKA star cate star-- has a unique approach to photography. it's not about the technical quality of the photo, and it's not about a clean tidy composition. to the contrary cate uses the imperfections in quality or the random-looking composition to portray the message with much more impact than could be achieved from a more "flawless" photo. and what's that message? that's the best thing about following cate's photostream, because every photo has some little message, always delivered with self-effacing humor and subtle layers of meaning.
the combination of quirky composition (it's often about what's *not* in the photo with cate's pictures), the self effacing humor, the willingness to reveal very personal feelings through image and caption all make for an engaging photostream that might just grab you by the heart while giggling uncontrollably.
it strikes me that this is the stuff of big ticket marketing campaigns. the really really cool thing is that with cate, these heartstrings are the real deal."
3rd January, 2007
sam b-r says:
"humble. modest. turns a polaroid into a thing of beauty. i'll always be jealous of the comments. makes me smile."
25th October, 2006
"more truth and beauty than we could ever hope for, gracefully delivered with intelligent wit. in spades.
one word: slideshow"
9th July, 2006
"i love her."
2nd July, 2006
"the joyous day of our face to face meeting is still to come yet we are totally simpatico. she's like your best friend when you were little that you used to whisper secrets to and giggle with but lost touch and always wanted back."
14th May, 2006
"One of the warmest, most compasionate people I've ever met. There is nothing insincere, thoughtless, or superficial about her or her photos. Each one of her photos reveals her depth and keen instincts. I am so lucky to have met her through flickr and call her my friend."
25th October, 2005
Ten Directions says:
"Cate takes some of the most intimate photos I have seen on flickr. They are magical and show what is closest to her heart— friends, family, and two Boston Terriers. These sensitive images are full of joy, love and humor. Take a close look at the photos of Scooter and Ruby, there is nothing better in the flickrverse.
Cate’s sharp wit that accompanies the photos is a delicious treat that entertains greatly.
So hang out with Cate, meet her world and experience the warmth and joy of this great photo stream."
9th August, 2005
"Recipe for AuntCate
6 seasons of 'Sex & the City' (SF style)
2 crazy Boston Terriers
3 weekly BootCamp sessions at the gym
1 swanky PacHeights condo
1 sassy local sister, bro-in-law & baby neice
1 pinch of 'Wall Street', to taste
Blend with crushed ice, serve in a martini glass with a twist of lemon.
Yield: Makes one serving of the world's greatest Aunt."
28th December, 2004
- November 2004