I'm a first generation American (my parents are from the Philippines) and was born and raised in Manhattan.
Photography has always been an important part of my life. I carry a camera with me everywhere! My camera of choice is my Canon Rebel XTi, however when the weather isn't so great or I've got to sneak some shots, my Canon SX110 works wonders and of course I have to give credit to my Pentax Optio for producing amazing underwater pictures!
Soooo...one of the pools posed an interesting age old question - What makes an interesting shot? I think what makes a photo interesting is basically whatever makes your eye linger on it...something that catches your eye and makes your eye rove around the frame, not letting it go...and that can be a whimsical expression on someone's face, a certain color or shape or cohesiveness to the photos that weaves's its magic spell, or something even as simple as a vague impression that causes the viewer to question it and try to solve the riddle it poses. It can be beauty, it can be imperfection...but as long as it solicits an emotion or thought from you, that's what differentiates a boring picture from an interesting one. I struggle with that a lot. A lot of the photos I take are for the recording of a memory - to remind me of an event/moment in time...but what I think makes a better photograph is one that is timeless...one that just evokes a reaction...those are the pictures that I want to get...strive to get...aim to get...
Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ENFP)
Your personality type is enthusiastic, giving, cautious, and loyal.
Only about 8% of all people have your personality, including 9% of all women and 6% of all men
You are Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving.
How Rare Is Your Personality?
I've been to 44 countries (19% of the world) so far. Where have you been? Create your own visited country map by clicking here.
Photos of CarolynSerrano (2)
- Wedding Poses For the Professional Wedding Photographer 31,699 photos, 4,840 members
- FPNY 114 photos, 12 members
- KATUTUBO 7,942 photos, 350 members
- Blooming Flowers(Post 1, Comment 5) 45,739 photos, 4,338 members
- Clicking and enjoying 19,678 photos, 286 members
- Accidental Hidden Faces in the Natural World 1,409 photos, 417 members
- Star Wars Fans United 25,249 photos, 2,723 members
- Thirtysomething Women 9,949 photos, 438 members
- Canon EOS-5D Mark II 54,521 photos, 1,576 members
- The Circus Starring Britney Spears Tour 2009 826 photos, 145 members
- DOLL DOMINATION 95 photos, 29 members
- _Pussycat Dolls_ 608 photos, 216 members
- ☼pink | purple | green☼ 67,221 photos, 4,173 members
- A Closer Look at Food 30,398 photos, 1,006 members
- Sky Obsessed! 844 photos, 78 members
- Buddha Images 18,145 photos, 5,381 members
- Around the World Cityscapes P1/C1 ** new comment code 22,701 photos, 1,728 members
- Project 365 1,655,378 photos, 27,805 members
- Fishing Envy 16,342 photos, 4,274 members
- I love markets 14,596 photos, 1,193 members
- A Very Flickr Christmas 93,090 photos, 11,261 members
- Long Exposure 549,577 photos, 52,061 members
- Light: Trails Experimentation and Abstract/Comment! 24,791 photos, 5,227 members
- Streaks of Light 3,181 photos, 481 members
- Pet Parade 93,503 photos, 6,316 members
- Pet Portraits 33,896 photos, 3,265 members
- unaware 5,918 photos, 375 members
- Professional Photography & Art 16,534 photos, 982 members
- MONOCHROME ROCKS!! (POST ONE, AWARD ONE) 3,655 photos, 416 members
- Sigma Fast Primes (30mm f/1.4) 47,022 photos, 3,370 members
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM 80,509 photos, 5,595 members
- bokeh whores 240,317 photos, 11,493 members
- Washington DC Metro Area Sights 104,443 photos, 5,100 members
- New Jersey Nets Basketball 68 photos, 12 members
- NBA Basketball 3,959 photos, 501 members
- Washington Wizards 634 photos, 49 members
- accident's 172 photos, 38 members
- Beard Papa's Cream Puffs 166 photos, 70 members
- Edmonton Oilers 385 photos, 61 members
- Hockey 25,268 photos, 2,489 members
- Low Perspective 14,797 photos, 1,336 members
- Just Jump 18,622 photos, 4,106 members
- Happy Jumping 3,709 photos, 845 members
- Jump. 1,217 photos, 389 members
- Jump to the highest 5,564 photos, 1,521 members
- Jumping Project 49,213 photos, 26,887 members
- Concert Photography 183,682 photos, 34,255 members
- Charice Pempengco Fans Club 68 photos, 21 members
- Pinoy Photojournalist 7,146 photos, 1,063 members
- Celine Dion 16 photos, 8 members
Trish Mayo says:
"Carolyn is an excellent photographer who enjoys sharing her love of photography and beauty. Her photostream has images from New York and all over the world, her family and lots of food. I enjoy viewing her photostream because everyday there is something different, unique and wonderful. Thanks Carolyn!"
8th March, 2008
"Carolyn is someone I greatly admire,not just as a photographer but also as a native New Yorker and Asian American.She is an extremely talented photographer that has the rare ability to capture a moment in time and share it with the world as if you were there yourself.I especially enjoy her photos of New York City and look forward to more.This testimonial is well deserving.Thank you Carolyn for sharing your photos on flickr."
2nd December, 2007
- Carolyn Serrano
- October 2007
- I am:
- Female and Single