I like to shoot people.
I still shoot film.
I like old cameras, a bit of an anachronist.
Still learning, still having fun.
I started a few groups which you may want to check out or join:
Kodak Medalist Pics
Film in my Fridge
Yonge & Dundas
And I co-admin Canadian St.
- Velo-Orange 1,868 photos, 354 members
- Porteurs 624 photos, 143 members
- Eater Vegas Flickr Pool 190 photos, 17 members
- Cycle With The Grain 57 photos, 13 members
- Toronto Tweed Ride 257 photos, 26 members
- Panda portraits 7,869 photos, 974 members
- ROMA STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 5,384 photos, 843 members
- The Universal Sigh 633 photos, 374 members
- Stay Goldin 901 photos, 398 members
- Club Tessar 7,207 photos, 517 members
- Stupid Big Cameras 2,127 photos, 228 members
- Graflex SLR 570 photos, 96 members
- *Box Reflex 118 photos, 25 members
- Bicycle Belles 17,967 photos, 1,047 members
- BikingToronto Style 333 photos, 21 members
- Alec Soth's "From Here To There" Flickr Project 2,752 photos, 1,166 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2010 574 photos, 75 members
- The Drake Hotel: Toronto, Canada 3,056 photos, 536 members
- Montreal OSHEAGA 194 photos, 54 members
- Passportrait 444 photos, 154 members
- why I love Medium Format 5,382 photos, 182 members
- girls on film 8,022 photos, 648 members
- Toronto: Under Construction 348 photos, 46 members
- Streetshots from Cuba 2,021 photos, 124 members
- Havana / La Habana 22,790 photos, 1,466 members
- Female portraits by a window 1,406 photos, 378 members
- Club Sonnar 2,433 photos, 140 members
- Lyric Documentary 7,873 photos, 669 members
- Strolling the night with Leica 4,268 photos, 281 members
- Eating in Toronto [Name of Restaurant Required/1 photo per resta 349 photos, 76 members
- Toronto Large Format photography 418 photos, 51 members
- Ilford XP2 400 13,849 photos, 1,449 members
- Snapshot Aesthetic. 5,619 photos, 301 members
- Polaroid 4x5 Sheet Film 1,430 photos, 264 members
- pinhOle pOrtraits :¬) 288 photos, 55 members
- Large Format Portrait 5,690 photos, 990 members
- LeicaShots 9,429 photos, 180 members
- Coffeehouse 4,677 photos, 396 members
- espresso 5,186 photos, 1,040 members
- Coffee Shops 7,709 photos, 1,461 members
- Leslieville and Broadview Village 359 photos, 22 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,223 photos, 2,270 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,462 photos, 1,650 members
- Fuji g617 users 459 photos, 144 members
- Ultron 28mm F1.9 1,121 photos, 64 members
- Street Cliche 3,840 photos, 315 members
- Street Silver 152 photos, 158 members
- Cosina Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35/1.4 22,926 photos, 1,340 members
- Documentary Portraiture 17,134 photos, 1,710 members
- Dedicated to Diane Arbus 11,915 photos, 977 members
Kevin Steele says:
"Being friends with Jonah helps you feel connected to so many people. He gets around. ¶ I enjoy his photographic journey. The constraints of film work well for him."
3rd February, 2008
"Jonah has a demonstrated gift in his ability to capture powerful images regardless of the medium; film or digital is the same to him. Of special note is the... at times _quirky_ aspect of his images. Of the dozens of photographers whose work I follow, Jonah's work stands apart, and is readily identifiable by a single glance."
14th November, 2007
"film guru, nuff said ..... dose that count as a testimonials ?"
30th August, 2007
Andrew Alexander says:
"I really enjoy Jonah's take on the world. He is equal parts skeptic and optimist, and just about one of the nicest guys I know. The best part is in the midst of that friendly veneer is a keen eye. The walls of his condo are adorned with some of the nicest photographs - and they're all taken by him. He's got a nice grasp of cross-processing, which still mystifies me - where some people would dismiss it as an interesting idea, but one that takes too much of one's time, Jonah tackles it head on and gets fabulous results."
19th July, 2006
"You can't really tell from the photos, but Burlap Jacket has a siamese twin. They're both really nice people, and I wanted to write a testimonial about burlap, but it's hard to exclude Jebodiah."
22nd January, 2006
- February 2005
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Burlap Jacket