I like to shoot people.
I still shoot film.
I like old cameras, a bit of an anachronist.
Still learning, still having fun.
I started a few groups which you may want to check out or join:
Kodak Medalist Pics
Film in my Fridge
Yonge & Dundas
And I co-admin Canadian St.
- Velo-Orange 1,784 photos, 346 members
- Porteurs 593 photos, 142 members
- Eater Vegas Flickr Pool 190 photos, 17 members
- Cycle With The Grain 57 photos, 13 members
- Toronto Tweed Ride 257 photos, 26 members
- Panda portraits 7,910 photos, 977 members
- ROMA STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 5,074 photos, 834 members
- The Universal Sigh 633 photos, 374 members
- Stay Goldin 904 photos, 398 members
- Club Tessar 6,927 photos, 506 members
- Stupid Big Cameras 2,035 photos, 224 members
- Graflex SLR 626 photos, 93 members
- *Box Reflex 148 photos, 26 members
- Bicycle Belles 18,357 photos, 1,007 members
- BikingToronto Style 333 photos, 21 members
- Alec Soth's "From Here To There" Flickr Project 2,618 photos, 1,167 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2010 577 photos, 76 members
- The Drake Hotel: Toronto, Canada 3,056 photos, 539 members
- Montreal OSHEAGA 194 photos, 54 members
- Passportrait 436 photos, 153 members
- girls on film 7,143 photos, 586 members
- Toronto: Under Construction 307 photos, 45 members
- Streetshots from Cuba 1,973 photos, 125 members
- Havana / La Habana 22,257 photos, 1,435 members
- Female portraits by a window 1,414 photos, 368 members
- Club Sonnar 2,087 photos, 127 members
- Lyric Documentary 7,674 photos, 656 members
- Strolling the night with Leica 4,227 photos, 273 members
- Eating in Toronto [Name of Restaurant Required/1 photo per resta 349 photos, 76 members
- Toronto Large Format photography 366 photos, 49 members
- Ilford XP2 400 13,380 photos, 1,399 members
- Snapshot Aesthetic. 5,254 photos, 290 members
- Polaroid 4x5 Sheet Film 1,382 photos, 265 members
- pinhOle pOrtraits :¬) 277 photos, 55 members
- Large Format Portrait 5,515 photos, 954 members
- LeicaShots 10,086 photos, 174 members
- Coffeehouse 4,654 photos, 397 members
- espresso 5,100 photos, 1,033 members
- Coffee Shops 7,322 photos, 1,409 members
- Leslieville and Broadview Village 359 photos, 22 members
- Polaroid Spectra 19,885 photos, 2,246 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,475 photos, 1,657 members
- Fuji g617 users 396 photos, 139 members
- Ultron 28mm F1.9 1,083 photos, 64 members
- Street Cliche 2,182 photos, 215 members
- Street Silver 154 photos, 158 members
- Cosina Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35/1.4 22,180 photos, 1,270 members
- Documentary Portraiture 15,845 photos, 1,619 members
- Dedicated to Diane Arbus 11,743 photos, 974 members
- Kodak HIE High Speed Infrared Film 2,380 photos, 409 members
Kevin Steele says:
"Being friends with Jonah helps you feel connected to so many people. He gets around. ¶ I enjoy his photographic journey. The constraints of film work well for him."
3rd February, 2008
"Jonah has a demonstrated gift in his ability to capture powerful images regardless of the medium; film or digital is the same to him. Of special note is the... at times _quirky_ aspect of his images. Of the dozens of photographers whose work I follow, Jonah's work stands apart, and is readily identifiable by a single glance."
14th November, 2007
"film guru, nuff said ..... dose that count as a testimonials ?"
30th August, 2007
Andrew Alexander says:
"I really enjoy Jonah's take on the world. He is equal parts skeptic and optimist, and just about one of the nicest guys I know. The best part is in the midst of that friendly veneer is a keen eye. The walls of his condo are adorned with some of the nicest photographs - and they're all taken by him. He's got a nice grasp of cross-processing, which still mystifies me - where some people would dismiss it as an interesting idea, but one that takes too much of one's time, Jonah tackles it head on and gets fabulous results."
19th July, 2006
"You can't really tell from the photos, but Burlap Jacket has a siamese twin. They're both really nice people, and I wanted to write a testimonial about burlap, but it's hard to exclude Jebodiah."
22nd January, 2006
- February 2005
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Burlap Jacket