I live and work as a Principal/teacher in a modern one class school in a First Nation community on the Yukon BC border. I love to walk my dogs and explore the area. My pictures are best viewed in large size.
Be sure to look for Watson Lake Camera Club on Facebook if you live in southeast Yukon.
If you live in northern B.C. or the Yukon and would like to book wedding or event photography please visit my photography site. All profits support outdoor experiential programs at Denetia School
Yellow Snow Photography
Please support animal rescue efforts.
Paypal donations for animal rescue costs of meds, vet services and adoption costs can be made can be made at yellowsnowphotography.blogspot.com
Support animal rescue in the the Stikine/Watson Lake areas of B.C. and S.E. Yukon. All funds will be used for food, veterinary services and adoption costs.
Olympus E-520, E-5, FE-26
Zuiko Digital 4/3 system (doubles equiv.) lenses
8mm fisheye, 9-18mm,14-42mm, 50mm, 40-150mm,70-300mm
Olympus 2xtele converter EC-20
Olympus EX-25 macro exetension tube
Digitital Concepts 0.45 Macro Wide Angle Lens
Phoenix Fish Eye Lens
Opteka Manual Focus
(500mm zoom, 650-1300mm zoom)
Olympus FL-50R TTL Flash
MANFROTTO 808RC4 3-WAY PAN TILT HEAD
MANFROTTO BOGEN 055XB/CLASSIC TRIPOD
Inspiron Portable Studio Light Kit
Inspiron Portable Studio Backdrop Kit
1200w Strobe Light Kit
Cable shutter release
Remote shutter release
My DNA bighugelabs.com/flickr/dna.php
Bruce McKay Yellow Snow Photography's favorite photos from other Flickr members (58,933)
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 204,077 photos, 8,834 members
- Project Weather 141,336 photos, 36,718 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, Politics, and News 334,778 photos, 23,079 members
- NATURE MAGIC/ POST 1 COMMENT 3 8,825 photos, 1,020 members
- Tradesmen & Craftsmen 61 photos, 4 members
- snow雪 3,023 photos, 465 members
- Ski Patrol and Mountain rescue 98 photos, 11 members
- First Nations / Cultures / Autochtones 2,122 photos, 96 members
- Osserva Pensa Scatta.... Ti sei Divertito 23,542 photos, 1,185 members
- Outside our four walls 706 photos, 65 members
- Nature of Wildlife 8,576 photos, 386 members
- Yahoo News: Your Photos 8,999 photos, 1,529 members
- GreenScene**** ~ [ post 1/award 2 ] 15,903 photos, 1,045 members
- Water, snow, ice and frost 34,454 photos, 1,508 members
- Libro de Fotos / Photo Book 102,129 photos, 4,653 members
- A Portrait Group 433,759 photos, 9,719 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 291,281 photos, 7,357 members
- North of 60 E-System Users 346 photos, 6 members
- Macro Life 20,423 photos, 1,097 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 84,374 photos, 9,909 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,796 photos, 4,984 members
- Featherweights ~ Post 1 - Award 2 - PLEASE COMMENT 13,046 photos, 708 members
- INTENSOS ANIMALES / Intense animals. (P1 C3) 102,354 photos, 9,119 members
- Be a Hero - GoPro 10,826 photos, 2,468 members
- Go-Pro Cameras (Pics & Vids) 2,737 photos, 612 members
- Brass Monkeys 10,671 photos, 583 members
- Experimentos y cosas raras / Experiments and weird things 635 photos, 146 members
- OM-D // E-5 // E-3 Olympus 5,501 photos, 82 members
- What's in your fermenter 471 photos, 90 members
- wine art 8,663 photos, 2,299 members
- Wine Related Photos from All Over the WORLD 26,077 photos, 3,949 members
- Wine-geek musings 19,093 photos, 3,551 members
- Our Dog Photography - High Quality Petography - NEW CONTEST! 12,174 photos, 1,402 members
- Photographers and Graphic designers! 17,033 photos, 579 members
- E∂ιte∂ Pořtřαιts - No Nude 24,040 photos, 1,632 members
- Wetlands of British Columbia 550 photos, 88 members
- Flickr ♥♥♥ Friends 18,911 photos, 739 members
- Klondike Gold Rush of 1898 28 photos, 7 members
- anything about dogs 17,147 photos, 377 members
- Adventurous Canines 4,244 photos, 201 members
- ***Gazing/Staring *portraits that feature gazing eyes*P1-A2 24,535 photos, 1,556 members
- Nature | Flora & Fauna 36,552 photos, 1,544 members
- Frogs and Toads 26,209 photos, 5,771 members
- Get Olympus 97,699 photos, 2,326 members
- The 3 Fates 566 photos, 134 members
- The Light Painters Society 350,534 photos, 14,417 members
- Olympus E-System Community 412,533 photos, 10,830 members
- Flickr Art Directors Club 52,345 photos, 4,099 members
- B.C. Outdoors 1,550 photos, 43 members
- Wild Life Shots (POST 1 Comment 2) Join Contest : FOX ~ 31,196 photos, 2,818 members
"I was fortunate enough to hook up with Bruce on flickr in the first few months I joined.
His free spirit, honesty and compassion immediately struck a chord with me, then add his cheeky and cracking comments and you have the real deal.
Bruce's images will vary from his magical nature shots to his beloved dogs and his love and development of his students.
Bruce is also not afraid to wear his heart and soul on his sleeve, something I just admire so much...
Bruce is a real pioneer - in life and on flickr..
a real privilege to have met you Bruce.."
24th December, 2010
Pearleen Lachhab says:
"I've worked with Bruce for a year in the far north. He is a very hard working, creative, intelligent, individual. We used to take the hours drive into town now and then for a beer. He'd come over now and then for a social life, TV and a beer, LOL.... I've kept in touch with him. He was at one time one of Canada's elite athletes......he's a remarkable man and has done some amazing things. He's a good egg and happy to say he's my friend."
30th October, 2009
"Bruce is a beautiful photographer. All of his pictures are edited to the extent where they still look realistic. His photostream consists of many...ORGANIC photos..if that makes sense. He has an eye for what looks good in real life(:"
20th June, 2009
"The beauty of life and nature streams out from Bruces images like a river of love...
The real energy and inner light of his most cuddly dogs and animals is excellent created by his big heart and skill.
Nature is for us to take care and to enjoy and that is for sure a pure delight looking at his photostream.
You are the best Bruce!
All goodie for you my friend!
6th June, 2009
"Bruce, you have one of the most interesting photostreams of all my contacts. I visit almost daily (but due to time constraints can't always comment). You have opened a window of the world on the far north and native culture that few get to see. The artistry and emotional content of your images and poetry is remarkable. Keep up the good work!"
4th May, 2009
"Bruce is a great photographer.... His landscapes photos are beautiful, also the photos of his wonderful dogs!!!
And I love the gorgeous sunrise shots..... Its showes us the beauty of nature. In the short time I have known Bruce I see that he‘s a very friendly and warm person.
Thank you for sharing your magnificent photos from Canada.....
Bestu kveðjur frá Íslandi......JónaSigthors"
16th April, 2009
Sig Holm says:
"Fyrsti Kanadíski Flickr tengillinn minn.
Góður ljósmyndari, mjög tengdur náttúrunni, ...elskar að taka grípandi myndir úr daglega lífinu.
Hann býr í fallegu landi.
Og hann er fiskimaður.
My first Canadian Flickr Contact.
Great Photographer and very close to nature. , ....he likes to capture eye-catching events of daily life.
He lives in a wonderful country.
And he´s a Fisherman."
11th January, 2009
- Bruce McKay
- April 2006
- Red Deer, Alberta
- Lower Post, BC Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Yellow Snow Photography
- bruce.mckay [at] sd87.bc.ca