The mission of the Brooklyn Museum is to act as a bridge between the rich artistic heritage of world cultures, as embodied in its collections, and the unique experience of each visitor. Dedicated to the primacy of the visitor experience, committed to excellence in every aspect of its collections and programs, and drawing on both new and traditional tools of communication, interpretation, and presentation, the Museum aims to serve its diverse public as a dynamic, innovative, and welcoming center for learning through the visual arts.
Join our Flickr group
Check us out at:
Go behind the scenes at our blog.
For specific information regarding our copyright policy, including Creative Commons, please see our website for further detail:
Photography is allowed in the Museum so long as the images are taken using existing light only (no flash) and are for personal, non-commercial use. Photography is often restricted in special exhibition galleries; please consult with the Visitor Center upon arrival.
We're open late every Thursday night!
Wednesday: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Friday–Sunday: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
200 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11231
Visit us by taking the 2/3 to Eastern Parkway/Brooklyn Museum.
- Key to the City 1,702 photos, 128 members
- Play Art Loud 47 photos, 101 members
- Louis Sullivan, Architect 848 photos, 168 members
- Museum Nerds 138 photos, 44 members
- mixeum : mixing people, art and museums 511 photos, 80 members
- Chicago - In Old Photos 428 photos, 60 members
- Tron 1,561 photos, 368 members
- Syd Mead 181 photos, 62 members
- Creative Commons (pls read the rules) 54,476 photos, 2,297 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures 16,161 photos, 2,762 members
- NYC Photography Workshop 7,558 photos, 326 members
- testpilot123 35 photos, 4 members
- Inauguration 2009 13,235 photos, 2,862 members
- the gutter 122 photos, 60 members
- All City Crew 279 photos, 27 members
- Flickr Commons 1,852 photos, 1,719 members
- Wikipedia Loves Art 6,393 photos, 443 members
- Expositions/World's Fairs 7,916 photos, 227 members
- Chicago... 120,791 photos, 8,130 members
- Indianapolis Museum of Art 2,656 photos, 318 members
- Street or Studio 2,087 photos, 2,436 members
- MuseumTag 0 photos, 6 members
- Ancient Egyptian Art 18,941 photos, 817 members
- Brooklyn, The City Of Churches 461 photos, 36 members
- Eyebeam 670 photos, 28 members
- New Museum, NYC 238 photos, 74 members
- Art of Technology 2,059 photos, 322 members
- Gothamist 169,491 photos, 3,523 members
- Egypt Wildlife Conservation (EWC) 2,791 photos, 370 members
- Brooklyn Subway 1,720 photos, 259 members
- (718) Brooklyn 10,679 photos, 218 members
- Brooklyn Street Photography 3,302 photos, 778 members
- Boerum Hill, Brooklyn 306 photos, 44 members
- Facebook 9,608 photos, 1,705 members
- Brooklyn Museum: Spring 2008 Video Project 106 photos, 8 members
- Goodbye Coney Island? 56 photos, 144 members
- Coney Island Documentation Project 7,015 photos, 399 members
- The Great Tate Mod Blog 151 photos, 167 members
- Feminist Art & Documentary 4,508 photos, 762 members
- Caribbean Architecture 1,790 photos, 149 members
- Caribbean Landscape 4,131 photos, 382 members
- Caribbean Festivals & Carnivals Worldwide 10,603 photos, 635 members
- Caribbean Music, Arts and Entertainment 1,401 photos, 128 members
- African, Caribbean, and Asian daily life 24,275 photos, 948 members
- Caribbean 46,364 photos, 3,446 members
- Louise Bourgeois 190 photos, 103 members
- Art Car 4,647 photos, 1,004 members
- Grand Army Plaza (Brooklyn) 278 photos, 66 members
- HHP - What do you have to say? 3 photos, 10 members
- REVOLUTION OF REAL WOMEN.com™ 37,249 photos, 3,782 members
Manuel Pereira da Silva says:
"Greetings from Pereira da Silva Art Gallery!
A terrific mix of artists work you've got there - I really like some of the painting - both conceptually interesting and well produced. Please keep me informed of your exhibitions and events."
30th April, 2008
"i wish i had known that photography was allowed inside the building .. there's some really great stuff in there!"
4th February, 2007
"Really enjoyed the museum and love that BMA has a Flickr account for the behind-the-scenes photos. I found BMA to be welcoming, not at all pretentious, encyclopedic but not dry, and very comfortable. Sharing these Flickr photos seems perfectly in keeping with that experience."
31st January, 2007
Shaun Roberts says:
"The Ron Mueck exhibit was stunning, very well curated. Much props to you for exhibiting the Swoon piece as well! Keep up the great work."
10th January, 2007
"Visited my sister for Thanksgiving and got a chance to check out the Annie Leibovitz and Ron Mueck exhibitions. They were absolutely amazing. I especially liked the Mueck exhibition. I'm no art critic, but for me, if something can make you stop, want to walk around, take another look, and make your thoughts wonder, that's good enough. And the Mueck exhibition did just that. Thanks for putting it on! I'll definitely have to go back to the Museum next year when I visit again. I'm looking forward to it."
1st December, 2006
"The Annie Leibovitz and Ron Mueck exhibitions were spectacular, and that has to be the coolest fountain I've ever seen. Bravo! One of my favorite museums and I don't get to visit enough. Thanks for a wonderful day."
1st December, 2006
Adrian Kinloch says:
"Don't miss the Sculpture Garden!"
3rd November, 2006
Tricia Wang 王圣捷 says:
"BM is one kick-ass museum - great programming for all ages and incredibley transformative curated works that push you to see your own community in a completely different paradigm. I love you BM!"
31st July, 2006
"I've seen a lot of great shows there (Basquiat!), want to see more (Graffiti!) and love love love their beautiful blue logo."
20th July, 2006
"I see the beautiful museum out of my kids window every day. Its got a great collection, a great plaza where the whole neighborhood hangs out, great first saturdays, and great films. The only drawback: a terrible cafe."
13th July, 2006
"When the crush of the City becomes too much, the museum is a refuge for the muddled mind."
9th July, 2006
Jamie J. Hagen says:
"Nothing says Brooklyn like a trip to the musum and botanical garden. Tres cool."
9th July, 2006
Seen Fonem? says:
"I love to stare at your glowing dome from my rooftop."
8th July, 2006
"The Brooklyn Museum was my hangout EVERY first saturday of the month when I lived in the best borough. I still go back often to visit and often bring friends to share with them the magic that is BMA."
8th July, 2006
"For a 111-year-old broad, Brooklyn Museum looks damn sexy and always has something intriguing going on. Check her out."
6th July, 2006
"First Saturdays, one of the best events in brooklyn."
4th July, 2006
- Brooklyn Museum
- April 2006
- Brooklyn Museum