The flickr community is a great place for feedback and I particularly appreciate comments on ways to improve.
I have had a digital camera since 2004 when my wife and sons bought me a Canon Rebel for my birthday. This is after my film camera had more or less given up the ghost around 2000. I now have a 50D and a 7D.
I have a keen interest in candid portraits where I am most comfortable, but have been broadening my use of the camera since joining a camera club and meeting people on flickr.
I follow my contact's streams closely and participate in PCA (Photo Critique Assignments) almost exclusively - not having the time to really do justice to participating in other groups.
I live and work in the NE USA.
to see flickr activity
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project
Visited states in the USA
visited 23 states (46%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or
Free iphone travel guide
Photos of bowtoo (7)
- Picturesque New England 602 photos, 17 members
- Canon EOS 7D Fans 51,691 photos, 1,308 members
- My Karsh 189 photos, 69 members
- .: Volvo Ocean Race :. 2,513 photos, 259 members
- Wildlife Contest: - UP & RUNNING again - Voting in Water, Insect 30,389 photos, 2,011 members
- ♣ Photoshop Art ♣ ►Post 1 - Score 6 next photos◄ 13,130 photos, 1,228 members
- Photographing Birds 54,122 photos, 1,180 members
- BirdWatching Magazine 28,204 photos, 524 members
- HDR:Striving Toward Excellence: POST 1/ AWARD 2 56,366 photos, 2,516 members
- Through the car window 411 photos, 121 members
- Photography Critique - Invite 124 photos, 86 members
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (PSE) 102,412 photos, 8,452 members
- Creative Photo Group_ BASIC (P1-C3) 479,285 photos, 28,974 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 296,826 photos, 39,381 members
- GLPA: Greater Lynn Photographic Association 86 photos, 24 members
- Photography Critique - Discussion 0 photos, 499 members
- Photomatix 394,803 photos, 19,371 members
- ·Spirit Of Photography (Post 1 Award 5) - Comment or be banned 737,913 photos, 28,820 members
- Digital Fine Art Printing 1,303 photos, 383 members
- WICKED AWESOME 9,008 photos, 394 members
- Photography Critique Assignments - PCA279 - Symmetry 3,042 photos, 879 members
- Photography Tutorials and Helpful Links 1,591 photos, 1,426 members
- Photography Critique 3,888 photos, 14,040 members
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 205,047 photos, 8,030 members
- Super Shots - Only Invited Photos - Nominate Now 257,217 photos, 40,623 members
- Flickr Smileys 260,337 photos, 14,076 members
- Tech Guy 2,930 photos, 11,070 members
- No Post Production 19,960 photos, 876 members
- That's CLASSY! (Post 1 / Award 3) 23,817 photos, 4,674 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 46,948 photos, 20,294 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 64,043 photos, 12,480 members
- Tips from the Top Floor Podcast (tfttf) 27,013 photos, 2,612 members
- North Shore, Massachusetts 11,882 photos, 646 members
"(This is long overdue...) I've known Tim on flickr for several years now. We're like-minded in many ways. Over the years, I've always appreciated his generous comments and his critiques as a fellow member of the Photography Critique Assignments group. Tim doesn't mind my knack for exploring the details of a photo and is one of the few people who will let me know of an odd bit or stray speck in my own photos, for which I'm very grateful. When you look at Tim's photostream, you will notice his amazing talent for people photography—from dramatic candids to beautifully posed and lighted portraits. But it doesn't stop there. He's good at everything. Check out his landscapes and his creative work. I always look forward to Tim's uploads and the stories he tells."
3rd August, 2011
p r i m e r says:
"It's difficult to find people like Tim nowadays --
he gives support and critique openly and willingly, never expecting or asking for anything in return -- and this personality shines in Tim's photography.
He doesn't bind himself to a particular style -- his eyes are always open. The thing that I admire most about Tim's work is it's honesty. Looking at each shot, you get a real sense of atmosphere -- he takes the environment and transforms it into a picture that makes the viewer feel like she/he is there, right next to him, sharing the moment.
Thank you Tim for inviting me into your world."
12th July, 2010
"Tim has one of the best eye's for photography of anyone I know. He is a real pleasure to shoot with as he is always upbeat and excited for the next challenge and always spots unique and interesting perspectives. I met Tim at a party and introduced him to the Greater Lynn Photographic Association (camera club) and we have had a great time together ever since. We often shoot with GarreyF on many impromptu field trips and a good time is always had. Take a look at some of Tim's creative shots and it will truly blow you away! I have no idea how he comes up with the ideas for them, and his execution is always perfect! Keep up the excellent work Tim!"
13th October, 2009
"I was introduced to Bowtoo (aka Tim) by Nikonjim who sent me a photograph of Tims on flickr. I was pretty impressed with it. It wasnt too long after when Jim invited Tim to become a member of our photography club, and we've been friends ever since- "The 3 amigos" . Jim, Tim, and I have gone on many photoshoot field trips together which resulted in excellent photos and simply a great time. I usually let Tim decide on the location since he is usually great in picking the right spot. What I like about Tim is his willingness to try everything and his desire to learn. We've both faithfully participated in the PCA assignment group, and Tim has been one of the strongest members in this group. His critique style is tremendous. He is a great nature photographer as well. Just take a look at his stream. I also like Tims attitude in life..always positive..something that I always look forward too since I tend not to be this way. And, I truly value his friendship.
Keep up the great work Tim!
6th June, 2009
- Tim Bouwer
- June 2007
- Massachusetts, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Information Technology