"You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it."
Hi everyone! My name is Tony. I live in Los Angeles, California and I am definitely not a pro. But I do feel like I've got a decent eye for the picture and I've loved taking pictures my entire life.
I moved out to LA from Pennsylvania about three years ago to pursue a career in film/TV production but ended up working for a non-profit only to find it infinitely more satisfying and rewarding. Although, the pay isn't very good. But it wasn't that good in production either, so I kind of break even.
I've found LA to be filled with millions of images waiting to be taken. From beautiful homes to gritty streets, I could literally shoot for hours and only have seen a fraction of what there is to see. And as long as I'm here I will continue to shoot what I find interesting.
I guess my style would fall under the photo journalistic umbrella. I don't really like set ups. I'd rather just capture life as it happens. I think there is enough humor, drama, irony, etc to capture in the real world that I don't feel the need to recreate it in a studio. I did enough of that in production. I've always been a bit shy shooting people which is why, in most of my shots with people in them, they aren't looking directly at the camera. They're usually part of the background. And further, that's why most of my shots don't have people in them.
So my goal for the time being is to work on approaching people and incorporating them into my photos as the primary subjects. I've noticed that other peoples pictures that I'm drawn to most are ones with some sort of life in them (human life, that is.)
Up until about a month ago my primary camera was a Canon SD 800IS. And as far as point and shoots go, I love that camera. I am now shooting on a Nikon D40X Digital SLR which I find more challenging but ultimately the photos are more rewarding. I edit them in Iphoto, Capture NX and Photoshop CS3.
I hope everyone take the time to enjoy some of my photos and please leave lots of comments. Good, bad and ugly.
- B&W Bokeh and DoF (Depth of field) 1,969 photos, 281 members
- I Heart Photo! 1,304 photos, 66 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Drank That!!! 7,645 photos, 1,231 members
- 2008 Presidential Election 10,816 photos, 1,316 members
- Barack Obama Photos 15,377 photos, 3,297 members
- Street or Studio 2,056 photos, 2,422 members
- FF3 T-Shirt Design Contest 1,026 photos, 3,332 members
- Nikon Digital 1,707,908 photos, 70,720 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 457,581 photos, 25,709 members
- Project 365 1,681,217 photos, 28,318 members
- PHOTO SMILES - Photos That Make You SMILE! Post 1/Award 2 70,036 photos, 5,753 members
- Photography Studio set-up 200 photos, 247 members
- Metroblogging Pittsburgh 228 photos, 38 members
- Musical Instruments [NO PEOPLE] 29,202 photos, 6,885 members
- DIYPhotography 27,632 photos, 12,223 members
- Sweet Digs Los Angeles 2,491 photos, 78 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 112,995 photos, 17,501 members
- Vancouver 165,704 photos, 7,164 members
- Art Museum 312 photos, 122 members
- Around the World Landscapes 26,437 photos, 7,311 members
- Me, myself and my camera 2,364 photos, 2,440 members
- blogdowntown 12,194 photos, 251 members
- Baseball 72,591 photos, 5,094 members
- Meet me at the Fair 22,658 photos, 2,581 members
- Your Own Worst Critic 236 photos, 125 members
- Photography Critique 4,039 photos, 14,220 members
- Camera Toss 7,756 photos, 13,602 members
- Ultimate Score Me (POST 1 - SCORE 5) 33,680 photos, 5,744 members
- Score Me! (post 1, score 5) 331,389 photos, 35,560 members
- So. Cal Shooters 76,002 photos, 1,390 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 396,216 photos, 14,992 members
- Black and White 5,716,897 photos, 278,274 members
- Desert 41,247 photos, 3,941 members
- Utata 414,876 photos, 23,931 members
- LAist Featured Photos 98,944 photos, 2,195 members
- scouting 16,967 photos, 1,193 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,482,175 photos, 68,876 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 222,947 photos, 20,983 members
- Hit, Miss or Maybe..."Post one, vote on three" 190,825 photos, 19,165 members
- Los Angeles Photobloggers 17,395 photos, 591 members
- Los Angeles Metblogs / Blogging.la 18,881 photos, 484 members
- color whores 89,603 photos, 2,808 members
- Black & white portraits 312,179 photos, 29,206 members
- América En Blanco & Negro 23,188 photos, 1,520 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 608,864 photos, 16,986 members
- The Pritzker Architecture Prize on Flickr (Post 1 - Award 4) 110,751 photos, 13,316 members
- Protests and Demonstrations 71,225 photos, 4,304 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 120,958 photos, 9,966 members
- Life of a Kitchen 34,758 photos, 3,545 members
- Los Angeles 189,456 photos, 10,020 members
manmadepants doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- January 2007
- Athens, PA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Second Helping's - Sketch Comedy