Ever since joining flickr I have been trying to figure out whether I have a discernible style, and if so, what it is.
I am finding that I gravitate towards architecture, abstracts, and landscapes. If I can combine two of those things together, so much the better. I am enjoying finding interesting images in mundane objects; concrete walls, household items, automobiles, etc. I am a definite believer in post-processing, the image is the raw material and the computer is today's darkroom. I would not consider what I do strictly abstract, many of my images are clearly identifiable at some level, and not all are minimal.
I have concluded that the best description of what I do is "Extractive Reductionism". I would define this as the process of extracting details from larger objects in a way that reduces those objects to their more basic properties of color, line, and shape.
There is beauty to be found in almost any object, so long as you look at it from the right perspective.
All of my photographs are copyrighted. Please do not blog or use any of my photos on any web sites without prior permission.
Photos of booksin (5)
- simply city 5,032 photos, 751 members
- Pritzker Prize First Choice 4,380 photos, 1,384 members
- Curves vs. Straight Lines 33,939 photos, 1,536 members
- Abstract Impressions 14,220 photos, 2,191 members
- REFLECTIONS / DISTORTIONS 234,661 photos, 18,813 members
- Arch Daily 122,171 photos, 6,653 members
- Alternative Views 93,206 photos, 3,705 members
- Unusual view (No flowers, animals, landscapes) 35,792 photos, 1,414 members
- walls 25,520 photos, 1,408 members
- Colour Mania 77,458 photos, 10,180 members
- MINIMAL black&white 29,063 photos, 6,536 members
- : abstract AND minimal : 10,669 photos, 525 members
- Walls Have Paint 22,199 photos, 1,950 members
- I love colours (post 1, award 2) 16,841 photos, 1,198 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes C2 50,156 photos, 3,226 members
- minimalmonochromaticism 6,069 photos, 448 members
- Geometrie, Geometry 55,830 photos, 3,732 members
- FLOOR tertius... 4,331 photos, 355 members
- FLOOR secundus (post 1, award 2)..... Welcome to Floor pink 7,776 photos, 539 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 69,830 photos, 10,248 members
- Color Combinations (2 or 3 dominant colors) 14,527 photos, 939 members
- Digital Abstract 60,047 photos, 2,894 members
- Architectural Zen 4,704 photos, 320 members
- Facades (without perspective: 2D effect) 6,151 photos, 657 members
- Colorful Building and House Details (no complete structures) 5,855 photos, 466 members
- unusual views & perspectives 9,511 photos, 635 members
- Urbane Fragmentation 7,550 photos, 379 members
- Bare Minimum (P1 = C2) 23,339 photos, 996 members
- reflections, spiegelungen 71,876 photos, 6,316 members
- Eclectic Aesthetic 25,735 photos, 804 members
- I Leica You Like You Leica Me 31,968 photos, 1,063 members
- Structures with a touch of Abstract (architecture!) post1/award2 23,370 photos, 2,263 members
- Abstract_ photo (post 1 / com 2) 42,626 photos, 2,204 members
- Graphic Architecture 31,029 photos, 1,802 members
- Architectural Abstraction 8,562 photos, 387 members
- Urban Urban Urban 122,726 photos, 2,738 members
- Minimalines 2,115 photos, 393 members
- Geometry in architecture 48,581 photos, 2,700 members
- 1-2-3 Abstract Architecture - P/1 Comment 2 29,478 photos, 4,093 members
- Abstract Photos 111,603 photos, 18,799 members
- Ministract 34,343 photos, 1,124 members
- Abstract by selection 46,343 photos, 1,331 members
- car details (PLEASE READ THE RULES) 45,151 photos, 3,507 members
- MAXIMUM minimalism 4,157 photos, 3,237 members
- Less is not an option 2,651 photos, 222 members
- Urban Minimalism - 3 Images per day 73,812 photos, 5,475 members
- Excellence in Colour 3,872 photos, 270 members
- Abstract Architecture 26,882 photos, 1,951 members
- bitches brew 218,865 photos, 3,631 members
- minimal art [no people no life] post / comment / invite 62,495 photos, 3,773 members
"Your stream is endlessly amazing. Great style.I love the way you are able capture and combine minimalism, color and line in unique prospectives."
3rd August, 2012
"Amazing images & always inspirational - I can't help trying to create similar images myself (and usually failing!)."
4th December, 2011
""Extractive Reductionism"... booksin, having discovered fertile territory where abstract and minimal meet, has developed a style and approach that is at once recognisable and attractive. I'm late to his work but am looking forward to catching up!"
15th December, 2010
"I absolutely love his work! Its always a pleasure to browse his stream! So many creative ideas! Keep up your amazing work!"
21st September, 2008
" This man is good."
16th May, 2008
- August 2007
- I am:
- herding cats